Reaction score
Lol well hope he actually does something this season

Let alford sit for off-season get him rdy for season

Any cb depth is desperately needed

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not happy, should have let him walk.

As long as it is for vet min, I see no problem. He at least knows the system and won't have to start from scratch. Hope we get something productive out of him since he has basically collected millions for doing nothing. If he can be a decent 2nd or 3rd CB, then great. I hope they are not signing him to be the #1CB. Then we got problems.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
As long as it is for vet min, I see no problem. He at least knows the system and won't have to start from scratch. Hope we get something productive out of him since he has basically collected millions for doing nothing. If he can be a decent 2nd or 3rd CB, then great. I hope they are not signing him to be the #1CB. Then we got problems.
A lot of this.

I can't imagine any guarantees will be included in the contract.

I also can't imagine anyone actually counting on anything from him. It is more to just have a body on the depth chart.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Like's been said, I don't have any problem with bringing him back as long as it was on the cheap. We need bodies.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I think we're going to see the worst CB play we've had since 2004, when we started a combo of Renaldo Hill, David Macklin, and Duane Starks.

I think, I know that you don't know who will start or how they'll play.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This had better be for peanuts, with no guaranteed money, and he'd damn well better be playing special teams. I don't want him anywhere near a starting spot, or counted on to be a starter.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
When’s the last time you heard of a 33 year old player miss 2 years at a skilled position and come back to play effectively. This reeks of desperation and only shows how badly this position has been analyzed. It’s clear even to the casual fan that the Cards blew it. Now their pick is too low to fill the CB slot. Free agents are mediocre or overpriced. This is what happens when you don’t look ahead and correctly assess the market. The dollars for Alford aren’t the concern, it’s self-deluding nature of the signing. They think this guy could help and that’s just wishful thinking.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When’s the last time you heard of a 33 year old player miss 2 years at a skilled position and come back to play effectively. This reeks of desperation and only shows how badly this position has been analyzed. It’s clear even to the casual fan that the Cards blew it. Now their pick is too low to fill the CB slot. Free agents are mediocre or overpriced. This is what happens when you don’t look ahead and correctly assess the market. The dollars for Alford aren’t the concern, it’s self-deluding nature of the signing. They think this guy could help and that’s just wishful thinking.

I don't see the harm.

At worse he's a vet camp body and will be cut for little cost.

At best he shows he's kept in shape and can still contribute as vet depth.

There's no downside.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I don't see the harm.

At worse he's a vet camp body and will be cut for little cost.

At best he shows he's kept in shape and can still contribute as vet depth.

There's no downside.

You can only offer so many reps to potential CBs. If they’re going to take a gamble I’d rather go with a developmental prospect. There are very few successful 33 year old corners and none of them sat for 2 years. He’s lost speed and likely agility. It’s a waste of reps.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can only offer so many reps to potential CBs. If they’re going to take a gamble I’d rather go with a developmental prospect. There are very few successful 33 year old corners and none of them sat for 2 years. He’s lost speed and likely agility. It’s a waste of reps.

Hmm it won't take long. They will know within a week or two if he still has juice. If not they can cut him early.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
For me this is the issue with constantly using multiple picks to fill one hole and not focusing on premium positions in the draft.

Over his tenure as GM, Keim has drafted five ILBs (Minter, Bucannon, Reddick, Simmons and Weaver) and only 4 CBs (Brandon Williams, Harlan Miller, Christian Campbell and Byron Murphy). Also, 6 RBs drafted over this same time period vs 4 EDGE players.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
and Keim's 2018, 2017, 2016 and 2014 drafts really turned out to be awful. 26 players taken, and outside of Budda and one year from John Brown/Haason Reddick/Deone Bucannon each, little to nothing to show from it.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
IDC what you guys say...... Anyone willing to say: "I owe you guys, I'm not going out like that" deserves some applause.

If he stays healthy..... it was widely reported that he was amazing in training camp. If he doesn't....... At least we all tried.

All of this is dependent on a contract that is at or near the minimum.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want o see what kind of scratch they’re giving Pins And Needles before saying whether this makes senses or not.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose