Our Wrs...

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I said when we got Hopkins that that was basically all we really had and I for the most part was right. Personally, I would let Fitz walk if he does not want to accept the vet minimum to be part of a dark horse contender or potentially inch closer to some of Rice's records because we have paid the man from infinity and beyond. Kirk, I would cut (or rather trade), he's mediocre. Isabella I would cut because he sucks, a dime a dozen of speed guys who cannot catch (only freaking reason we are holding on to him because it was a Keim choice but our GM will keep his job better winning, really second round on this guy?). I would keep KeeSean Johnson as solid complimentary backup who got screwed not being allowed to develop because he was not drafted higher because the boy understands routes and can catch, his draft status be damned. I would clean house with really only Hopkins being my foundation

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
If somehow JaMar Chase falls to about 8-10 range, I hope Keim trades up to get him.

In round 2, I like Moore and Terrence Marshall.

really wish Olave would’ve entered the draft this year. He’d been perfect in round 2.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on what I've seen it's Waddle or Toney if we take a WR in the first round. The other guys won't be there, it's actually not a lock either will Waddle or Toney.

I haven't seen Toney in games just highlights but man is he elusive looks like the perfect guy for our get it out quick attack. Waddle has the same thing and he can run by the defense too, no idea if Toney can or not.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If somehow JaMar Chase falls to about 8-10 range, I hope Keim trades up to get him.

In round 2, I like Moore and Terrence Marshall.

really wish Olave would’ve entered the draft this year. He’d been perfect in round 2.

I am a big fan of Terrance Marshall as in round 2 as well. We need a big bodied guy opposite Hopkins, PERIOD.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Until the Cardinals can find a good GM to replace SK, they are doomed to replace their WR busts with new busts.

Sorry for being so negative but Keim’s drafting over the years has crippled the team’s growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Cut Kirk? That's ridiculous. He's inconsistent, but still produces. He's also not expensive.

Honestly, I'm going to be a little bothered if we take a 1st round WR, depending on how the offseason goes. If we're going to acquire a #2, let's get someone we know is a good player already. We've invested so much draft capital in WRs over the past 5 years that I just can't handle another year of not getting a return at the position.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Cut Kirk? That's ridiculous. He's inconsistent, but still produces. He's also not expensive.

Honestly, I'm going to be a little bothered if we take a 1st round WR, depending on how the offseason goes. If we're going to acquire a #2, let's get someone we know is a good player already. We've invested so much draft capital in WRs over the past 5 years that I just can't handle another year of not getting a return at the position.

(Or rather trade him)... I believe I wrote that :)

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am of two minds on how we fill the #2 reciever.

I feel like there is actually some decent fa’s which is rare for WR.

on the other hand this is a really good WR draft and locking up a good young guy cheap would be great.

I have the feeling they are going the FA route.

It might be for the best because we have to go CB with our first rounder, and the second group of WR have higher bust potential.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would bet the Cards get a WR in FA as well. Safer pick because there is history to evaluate at the pro level. Main reason is because Keim can’t draft a good WR from college.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Wins are wins and they are all crucial, so I sure do not want to lose games in the beginning of the season with a rookie WR getting his feet wet. By all means draft one because our depth sucks rocks but get a free agent to pair with Hopkins so we can hit the ground running!

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I said when we got Hopkins that that was basically all we really had and I for the most part was right. Personally, I would let Fitz walk if he does not want to accept the vet minimum to be part of a dark horse contender or potentially inch closer to some of Rice's records because we have paid the man from infinity and beyond. Kirk, I would cut (or rather trade), he's mediocre. Isabella I would cut because he sucks, a dime a dozen of speed guys who cannot catch (only freaking reason we are holding on to him because it was a Keim choice but our GM will keep his job better winning, really second round on this guy?). I would keep KeeSean Johnson as solid complimentary backup who got screwed not being allowed to develop because he was not drafted higher because the boy understands routes and can catch, his draft status be damned. I would clean house with really only Hopkins being my foundation
Well said. Johnson can do all those things but he's slow as "do do" though lol.

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
As long as we continue the streak of drafting:
(a) small, fast receivers with bad hands/ball skills
(b) small, slow receivers with average ball skills
(c) small, soft receivers with average hands and no ball skills

I think I'll pass on drafting a WR.