Bickley

legend

Veteran
Reaction score
I just can't listen to his drivel anymore.

Kyler wore an Oakland A's hat to the Sun's game..."How disrespectful".
D. Watson walks on water. "The Cards Must trade Murray to the Texans...they Owe it to the fan base."
Poor Larry subjected to "ignore status" by the young self absorbed quarterback.
JJ Watt - the next Emmitt Smith retirement free agent overpay.
It's like listening to Oprah.
i thought Wolfley was bad, but boy O boy . .

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dude...hes on the air 20 hours a week....its the offseason....what else is he supposed to talk about?

I like all the 98.7 guys. They all have their pros and cons, but Bickley and Murata are my favorites and even if I don't agree with them...they have a good show.

BTW...it would have been very disrespectful of Kyler to wear ANY OTHER MLB HAT BUT THE A's!! They drafted him! They were willing to pay him millions of dollars. They better be his favorite MLB team forever.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Dude...hes on the air 20 hours a week....its the offseason....what else is he supposed to talk about?

I like all the 98.7 guys. They all have their pros and cons, but Bickley and Murata are my favorites and even if I don't agree with them...they have a good show.

BTW...it would have been very disrespectful of Kyler to wear ANY OTHER MLB HAT BUT THE A's!! They drafted him! They were willing to pay him millions of dollars. They better be his favorite MLB team forever.

To fill the time I wish that they were still call in shows. Give the fans a better voice and they also won't have to fill as much time with non-sense. That won't do it though because then they might face criticism and not be able to protect the local teams the way they do.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Yea Bickley is over critical on Murray and Ayton.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Personally, I think Murray wore the A's hat, because he's Bay Area/Warrior's fan and it would have been straight up disrespectful for him to wear a Warriors hat or jersey in the Sun's domicile. Wearing the A's hat was his indirect nod to Oakland and the Warriors.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
To fill the time I wish that they were still call in shows. Give the fans a better voice and they also won't have to fill as much time with non-sense. That won't do it though because then they might face criticism and not be able to protect the local teams the way they do.
Dude, there are fans who still ask about Daryl Washington. Opening up to fan calls is a recipe for disaster. The reason I come here is because of the better overall knowledge of the posters (outside of valuing ILB or OTs of course).

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
OP’s is exaggerating. Nothing wrong with talking about that stuff but fans are sensitive these days and want local media to be cheerleaders.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bickley is a journalist who looks at stories from an emotional/cerebral level (as he sees it). He's also very passive/aggressive in his approach to the local teams. As far as the OP points, he will always take the devil's advocate position and the most negative to the local teams possible. He's always been that way.

I like the show and think Vinny keeps it from being unlistenable. Bickley and Jerrod are annoying but the show as a whole works for me. It's the only local show I ever listen to.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I just can't listen to his drivel anymore.

Kyler wore an Oakland A's hat to the Sun's game..."How disrespectful".
D. Watson walks on water. "The Cards Must trade Murray to the Texans...they Owe it to the fan base."
Poor Larry subjected to "ignore status" by the young self absorbed quarterback.
JJ Watt - the next Emmitt Smith retirement free agent overpay.
It's like listening to Oprah.
i thought Wolfley was bad, but boy O boy . .

He is the worst of an atrocious line-up.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Between ad reads and commercials and what have you, it’s closer to 15 hours per week. How should he fill the time? That’s his job! Plenty of internet posters that have actual jobs could do a better job than he does. The producers flag down guests, all he has to do is ask questions and respond to what they say, and then watch sports (lol) and make notes as to what to discuss. He’s a lazy bum.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I stopped listening to Bickley & (fill-in-the-blank) about 10 years ago when I realized that I learn more about the Cardinals from you guys here than I do from him.

Same with Gamba-ding-dong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
For years, Bickley has made a killing in the Valley for these histrionic comments, so dont expect him to change. He'll always comment on the things that garnish the most attention. You're never going to learn anything of substance from Bickley, so it's best to just ignore him.

BTW - I actually like Gambo. He's not the most insightful, but he keeps it real.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Gambo is easily the best of the 6 majors. Marotta isn’t terrible, but he gets dragged down by Bickley. The other three just suck.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Gambo is easily the best of the 6 majors. Marotta isn’t terrible, but he gets dragged down by Bickley. The other three just suck.

I have been a huge Bob Kemp fan for almost 30 years now. Such a curmudgeon, but he knows his stuff

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score

i wish somebody would tell him to lose the east coast accent that he CLEARLY over emphasizes to garner attention.

Caaasin Pommer