Cowboys sign Dak to $160m extension for 4-years

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Empty calories.

Dallas has to figure out why they keep getting blown out early in games. it's been a problem for the past year and 1/2

Dak can only control Dak.

He can't control them letting defensive players leave in FA and having a garbage defense. Or a poor O line. Or Zeke having a bad season.

Dak was on fire last season but no player can do it on their own. In the games he played he averaged nearly 32 points a game, but he can't suit up at CB too.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Referring to the bigger picture here. No team as ever won a SB with the high of a percentage of the cap going to the QB.

Dak will be nearly 22% of all cap space next year. I just don't see how teams can win SB's with that much cap space taken up unless it's a very long deal and you hope the cap rises so much that on the back end you regain value. Like the Mahomes deal.

With that in mind, considering the point of football is supposed to be to try win the SB, would you rather ride a QB on a rookie salary for 4/5 years and then move on to another draft pick? Or settle for not winning anything as the downside of consistent QB play?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dak can only control Dak.

He can't control them letting defensive players leave in FA and having a garbage defense. Or a poor O line. Or Zeke having a bad season.

Dak was on fire last season but no player can do it on their own. In the games he played he averaged nearly 32 points a game, but he can't suit up at CB too.
Just saying those games were already out of control before he started putting gaudy numbers. I’m not impressed.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind is that the NFL expects the salary cap to soar in 2022 especially if the fans pack the stands again in 2021 and with a new TV contract. That is why Keim has JJ Watt's salary hitting us this year for one $4.9 million with the larger hit coming next year. There are going to be lots of one year contracts signed this year with free agents.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This tells me that Kyler is going to get a lot of money when it is time for the Cards to resign him. Keim needs to take advantage of his rookie contract now for sure and build around him.
Can u resign a player still in his rookie yr to a longer contract?

Would soooo despair tp see cards lose Murray in fa to a division opponent or another team....

Lol minus injury kyler might get same type offer when he gets a shot at fa.... honestly I would if I were him

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can u resign a player still in his rookie yr to a longer contract?

Would soooo despair tp see cards lose Murray in fa to a division opponent or another team....

Lol minus injury kyler might get same type offer when he gets a shot at fa.... honestly I would if I were him

Can't extend until after year 3 at the earliest I believe

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Imagine doing an okay job for a company then breaking your leg and missing most of a year only to be compensated to the tune of an employment contract worth $40 million per year?

The sports world is so insane.

I personally love seeing Jerry break the bank for Dak and hope that this investment fails miserably for him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave