Trade - straight up Watson for Murray ?

Would you be in favor of a Watson for Murray trade?

• Yes, even though Watson would cost us more for a couple years

Votes: 37 38.5%
  • No, prefer our team as it is with Murray as our leader

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • Trade is unfair and would never work as a straight up deal

Votes: 9 9.4%

• Total voters

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Watson has nothing but bozos in his front office & a lot of garbage surrounding him on the field including both coaches & players. Watson this past season arguably had a better season than any Wilson season ever. That was with a bunch of guys you could get off of this website as his WRs, & OLine(sans Tunsil).

If we’re just going off of talent alone & not age, Mahomes, Brady, & Rodgers would be the only QBs worth more.

I don't hate Watson at all...I wasn't even on the Murray train, until after his rookie year...I like them both now, but wouldn't give up Murray for Watson. I really think Murray's ceiling is higher. You have to wonder just how crazy good KM would be with a better coach than KK.

BO was a good coach, but a horrible GM. Wilson has had a crap Oline his entire career and until lately (Metcalf) hasn't had much in the way of good WR's (Lockett is decent, but not transcendent like Metcalf).

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Because of salary considerations, the Cardinals would be INSANE to offer anything more than straight up. In fact, if I'm Keim, I'm pointing out that Watson has basically said he doesn't want to play another down with the Texans and his salary is quite high now. I'm asking for draft picks from the Texans to offset the lesser salary cap flexibility that you would get with having Watson on your roster.

I'd probably think about the trade:

Murray

for

Watson, 2nd, and 3rd.

Anything less and I wouldn't even consider it. That's why I think this trade has virtually no chance of ever happening because I think at the end of the day, Murray's potential is similar to Watson's potential, and Murray is significantly cheaper for a few more years.

exactly

incredible that the only reasonable option is way behind in 3rd place in the poll

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Who scored more TDs last year, Murray or Watson?

(They both accounted for 37 TDs combining passing and rushing).

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who scored more TDs last year, Murray or Watson?

(They both accounted for 37 TDs combining passing and rushing).
C’mon man.

I love Kyler, but Watson had a much worse cast at literally every group.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
exactly

incredible that the only reasonable option is way behind in 3rd place in the poll

I think the story is really good conversation, but that is all it is. The chances of Murray being traded for Watson are probably close to 0%.

Murray scored just as many TDs as Watson, is younger, and is paid substantially less for a few more years. I don't see why the Cardinals would give up familiarity AND salary cap flexibility. And the idea that the Cardinals would ALSO throw in multiple picks is crazy. CRAZY. And obviously, few people are considering that Murray could potentially get BETTER. Before he hit his rough patch of the year, Murray was on pace for like 45 TDs.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Watson and think he is an excellent qb. He, realistically, is better right now than Murray. However, I really am happy with Murray and feel he is one of the most exciting players in the NFL and can get better. IMO it is going to be a "playoffs or you are out" year for Keim and KK. They need to protect Murray with improved OL play and get some more weapons for him. We all know their needs in the draft and free agency. As a season ticket holder (and having just received my 2nd coronavirus vaccination!!:clapping:) I'm looking forward to actually being at the games and watching Murray play this season. :cheers:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Watson and think he is an excellent qb. He, realistically, is better right now than Murray. However, I really am happy with Murray and feel he is one of the most exciting players in the NFL and can get better. IMO it is going to be a "playoffs or you are out" year for Keim and KK. They need to protect Murray with improved OL play and get some more weapons for him. We all know their needs in the draft and free agency. As a season ticket holder (and having just received my 2nd coronavirus vaccination!!:clapping:) I'm looking forward to actually being at the games and watching Murray play this season. :cheers:

Congrats sir. I too got my 2nd this last weekend

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Cowherd says pass on Murray for Watson straight up and why

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol have nuk watt sure do it i love Murray but watson can win with hop

Injuries my only concern

This trade will never ever happen

Lol i wonder if kliff would quit if it did

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I really believe @Chopper0080 had it right that Murray's value is Watson as is.

The Texans lack of leverage may make it seem that way but Watson has more value. If they were both somehow free agents Watson would get the bigger deal. He’s only 25, already elite and has a playoff win for a bad franchise.

I heard a Houston guy on the radio say Kyler would play for the Astros before the Texans... lol.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Watson was insanely good as a rookie, but his QBR last three years is worse than Kyler’s 2nd year.

I think Kyler is a heavy favorite to have a higher QBR the next two years than Watson did in his 3/4 years in Houston.

It’s very difficult to tease out supporting casts/coaching/scheme, but I would rather gamble on the much much much cheaper option.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Murray is a more talented thrower inside the pocket. I really want to see Murray become Watson like on the run. Because Watson has him beat there.

I wonder if thats a part of a his baseball background and if he can change that easily.

Because thats a base of throwing he has practiced his whole like, that is difficult to change in a few months unless you a freakish human being.

If I am Kiem, I am on Kliffs and Murrays ass to get that on par.

If Murray because a better thrower on the run, Deshaun Watson wouldnt even register in my mind.

I wouldn't trade him now anyway. Because he can probably fix if he takes to practicing it like psycho

He is also playing in an offense that lines up the best wr in the league to one side of the field

And does stuff like this

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
C’mon man.

I love Kyler, but Watson had a much worse cast at literally every group.

Outside of Hopkins, Watson's receiving group was MUCH deeper.
From PFF

Tunsil - 75.4
Humphries 88.3

Max Scharping 52.1
Justin Pugh - 64. 8

Nick Martin - 56.1
Mason Cole - 54.4

Zach Fulton - 63
JR Sweezy - 52.5

Tytus Howard - 62.1
Kelvin Beachum - 69

Duke Johnson 62.6
Kenyan Drake 60.9

David Johnson 62. 8
Chase Edmonds 69.3

Will Fuller 86.4
DeAndre Hopkins 87.1

Brandin Cooks 81.1
Christian Kirk 62. 8

Randall Cobb 71.6
Larry Fitzgerald 59.6

Darren Fells 69.4
Dan Arnold 61.7

Watson 92.5
Murray 82.8

I think Watson is better, but I wonder how facing the Rams/49ers twice impacted Kyler's stats in comparison.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The same defense could have been used as a rationale to keep Rosen!

Watson is what we want Murray to be, and comes with far fewer question marks. If it's a straight up trade, there's no doubt that most NFL people view Watson as the better long term investment.
Are you really going to bring Rosen’s name into this? Really??

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I don't follow him on Twitter, but this popped up in my feed. I think it's the 1st time I've agreed with Mitch...hahaha
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Beware the Mouse in the Room! If we don't put an OL together capable of protecting Kyler, and he should start getting concussed to any degree, I believe he will forgo his football career and play baseball. I am sure in a couple years, or at least before he is too old, that he will get some degree of MJ syndrome and want to see what his future in baseball might look like. A couple of serious concussions and a doctors warning might be all it takes.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Beware the Mouse in the Room! If we don't put an OL together capable of protecting Kyler, and he should start getting concussed to any degree, I believe he will forgo his football career and play baseball. I am sure in a couple years, or at least before he is too old, that he will get some degree of MJ syndrome and want to see what his future in baseball might look like. A couple of serious concussions and a doctors warning might be all it takes.
https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/second-best.321861/page-2#post-4363284

:D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose