Ty-Shon Alexander

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the surface it sounds like a good signing. Alexander can defend and shoots 40% from 3-point range. That's a lot to like on a two-way contract. Also he stands 6'4."

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Stumbled across this video not realizing that Ty-Shon would be in it. He is the last one covered in the video if you want to check it out.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's a hell of a game!

Poor Tariq and Okobo they went from not playing in the NBA to not playing in the G league.

I'm not sure what we saw in Okobo, he was just not getting it done.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what we saw in Okobo, he was just not getting it done.

Okobo was under contract so the Suns gave him every opportunity. Once his contract was not guaranteed they waived him. The Suns have not had much luck with second round picks when they keep them.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a hell of a game!

Poor Tariq and Okobo they went from not playing in the NBA to not playing in the G league.

If you view the box score on ESPN you'll see that Owens and Okobo were injured. Okobo is averaging 28 minutes a game this year in the G League. I didn't look up Owens stats.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If you view the box score on ESPN you'll see that Owens and Okobo were injured. Okobo is averaging 28 minutes a game this year in the G League. I didn't look up Owens stats.

I would say it’s premature to write off Okobo. He showed improvement last year in his age 22 year. Look no further than Cam Payne to see how much a guard can improve from 22 to 26.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
I would say it’s premature to write off Okobo. He showed improvement last year in his age 22 year. Look no further than Cam Payne to see how much a guard can improve from 22 to 26.
Maybe too soon to write him off, but completely fair to say the Suns predictably blew the pick.

31. Elie Okobo
32. Jevon Carter
33. Jalen Brunson
34. Devonte Graham
36. Mitchell Robinson
46. De'Anthony Melton

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns waive Ty-Shon Alexander. They presently have no players on two-way contracts.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best of luck to Ty-Shon.

I do hope the Suns take a long look at Kyle Alexander who played in the Las Vegas Summer League.

He was solid in the last few games.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Best of luck to Ty-Shon.

I do hope the Suns take a long look at Kyle Alexander who played in the Las Vegas Summer League.

He was solid in the last few games.

Kyle was the more memorable Alexander

I thought he looked better than Stix too, despite stats

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyle was the more memorable Alexander

I thought he looked better than Stix too, despite stats

I've been waiting to talk about Kyle Alexander hoping he would get a training camp invite.

Based on what I saw in summer league he is worthy of consideration of a two-way contract if the Suns decide to carry any.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I met this kids parents in Milwaukee before game 4. Nice people. We talked for an hour before the deer district opened and then (ironically) they sat just behind me in the same section for the game.

Man that was an insane night. Wish we could have pulled it out. Suns employees were everywhere.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
My question is why cut him, when at a minimum, couldn't he be used for salary purposes in a trade?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My question is why cut him, when at a minimum, couldn't he be used for salary purposes in a trade?

I'm guessing the Suns didn't want to guarantee his contract for another season. Also he made less than $500,000.