OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This would be interesting. I wonder if it's for a 10 day contract, two-way contract or a permanent roster spot.

He is averaging 16.6 points and 13.3 rebounds in the G-League.

My guess it's not for a permanent roster position because some veterans stand to be waived.

https://gleague.nba.com/player/alize-johnson/

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This would be interesting. I wonder if it's for a 10 day contract, two-way contract or a permanent roster spot.

He is averaging 16.6 points and 13.3 rebounds in the G-League.

My guess it's not for a permanent roster position because some veterans stand to be waived.

https://gleague.nba.com/player/alize-johnson/

If that many teams are after him then he'll get a regular spot with one of them. I can't see that much interest leading to a 10 day contract. Where he'll end up, who knows.

It wouldn't surprise me if James Jones did sign him to a regular deal similar to Cam Payne last year. He seems more interested in continuity than short term moves.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that many teams are after him then he'll get a regular spot with one of them. I can't see that much interest leading to a 10 day contract. Where he'll end up, who knows.

It wouldn't surprise me if James Jones did sign him to a regular deal similar to Cam Payne last year. He seems more interested in continuity than short term moves.

I'm game although some good players stand to be waived.

If James Jones can find a big man that works out like Cam Payne, then why not.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Problem is this guy is not a big guy. 6'7 210 pounds is very much small forward size.

We need a legit athletic 4/5 type, who can defend athletic 4's but also have enough strength to defend most centers. Someone who can legitimately guard big men like Ayton when he gets into foul trouble.

Javale McGee might be the guy to target.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score

Other than Drummond, is there chatter about other big men getting waived?

There are 2 defensive, athletic 4s that keep popping up in trade rumors in Aaron Gordon and Larry Nance jr. They both are interesting but I don't know if the Suns are inclined or if they have assets if they were.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

There are 2 defensive, athletic 4s that keep popping up in trade rumors in Aaron Gordon and Larry Nance jr. They both are interesting but I don't know if the Suns are inclined or if they have assets if they were.

Suns have very little to trade, that's the issue.

We really really screwed up by choosing to trade for Baynes instead of resigning Holmes. That looked bad then, now it looks truly awful.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Problem is this guy is not a big guy. 6'7 210 pounds is very much small forward size.

We need a legit athletic 4/5 type, who can defend athletic 4's but also have enough strength to defend most centers. Someone who can legitimately guard big men like Ayton when he gets into foul trouble.

Javale McGee might be the guy to target.

I think the Suns can use a 4 or a 5.

Alize Johnson is a power forward who has some nice athleticism. I noticed he averaged 4 assists in the G-League as well.

With another power forward the Suns still have three player that can play center in Ayton, Saric and Kaminsky.

Don't get me wrong, I like size, but if Johnson can play power forward, he could help the Suns.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Suns can use a 4 or a 5.

Alize Johnson is a power forward who has some nice athleticism. I noticed he averaged 4 assists in the G-League as well.

With another power forward the Suns still have three player that can play center in Ayton, Saric and Kaminsky.

Don't get me wrong, I like size, but if Johnson can play power forward, he could help the Suns.

Hmm, he does appear to play big. Wish Deandre had some of this guys aggression. Plays a bit like Randle it appears.

Ok, that video does peak my interest.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There are some players around the league that will get waived once it's clear there is no trade market. I think there is a chance the Kings waive Bjelica. I think Cousins is available. Proximo mentioned Javale McGee. There are probably some we haven't even thought about.

Suns don't have much to trade except second round picks.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We really really screwed up by choosing to trade for Baynes instead of resigning Holmes. That looked bad then, now it looks truly awful.

Trading for Baynes wasn't a bad trade. We added a good backup C for a season and also got a piece that helped land CP3 for a late 1st rounder. Meanwhile Holmes got.arrested that offseason when it was clear the Suns were looking to establish an identity and get rid of knuckleheads. Handing Holmes a contract then would have shown the new regime was all talk with no follow through.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's really not what we did. We let Holmes go because it was the summer of stupidity with him and Jackson both becoming media fodder. We liked him but the two of them screwing up at the same time along with our ongoing image problems caused us to clean house.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

no it didn’t look bad then and it def doesn’t look bad now.

stop it

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
2nd best record in the league would disagree.

What does that have to do with anything?

Are you honestly going to tell me you don't think this team would be better with Holmes?

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What does that have to do with anything?

Are you honestly going to tell me you don't think this team would be better with Holmes?

Whose minutes does he take? This team isn’t better if he takes Ayton’s minutes or Frank’s minutes, and Frank at the 5 has demonstrated we are at our best going small with our wing depth.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker is tied with Draymond Green and Dwight Howard for the second most technical fouls.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Devin Booker is tied with Draymond Green and Dwight Howard for the second most technical fouls.

Who was it in here that was guaranteeing one of books techs would be rescinded? Still waiting . . .

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who was it in here that was guaranteeing one of books techs would be rescinded? Still waiting . . .

I'm not sure.

I know I said the NBA would rule that Gordon Hayward fouled Booker on that last second 3-point shot attempt when the referees didn't call it at the end of the game.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whose minutes does he take? This team isn’t better if he takes Ayton’s minutes or Frank’s minutes, and Frank at the 5 has demonstrated we are at our best going small with our wing depth.

He is better than Frank. He would take his minutes, and probably some of Crowders.

We would not need him in every game, but we really need someone like him against the teams that have two big's.

Also for everyone who complains we take to many 3's he is another guy that can score in the paint.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is better than Frank. He would take his minutes, and probably some of Crowders.

We would not need him in every game, but we really need someone like him against the teams that have two big's.

Also for everyone who complains we take to many 3's he is another guy that can score in the paint.

Richaun is a better player than Frank or Jae but they help us in a lot of ways that Holmes wouldn't and fit is everything with role players. I'm not saying he wouldn't make us better, just saying we wouldn't know until we plugged him into the system. Kaminsky and Crowder average almost nine three point attempts per game, losing that threat along with the more crowded lane could take a toll on Paul and Booker's game.

Anyway, it would be great to have a deep bench player that can give us what Holmes can but I'm not sure we'd be improved if he was here as one of the first players off the bench. Especially if we were matching the almost 30 minutes a game he's getting in Sacramento.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose