Keep Reddick

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I know a lot had been said about Reddick in the JJ Watt thread, however right now I think he deserves a thread of his own.

On 98.7 Gambo basically said there’s no chance they resign Reddick especially after bringing in Watt. But I have H.R. as the Cards top priority.

With both Chandler Jones and JJ Watt getting up there in age and suffering injuries, I say Reddick becomes even more of a priority bc of his age and upside. Besides, Reddick doesn’t play the same position as Watt.

Can you imagine Watt, CJ & Reddick harassing the qb all at once? My God if that doesn’t sound like a recipe for playoffs I don’t know what does! Heck I’d argue this is why the Bucs won the super bowl...That D line and the pressure they put on Mahomes was unreal.

And the reason Tom Brady lost two Super Bowls to the Giants was because of their studs who could put pressure on the QB. Maybe you remember some guys known by the names of Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, & Justin Tuck?

While we’re at it bring back Corey Peters too. Can you imagine how much pressure this would take off Kliff and the offense? I’d even love to see as just go all defense in the draft and allow that side of the ball to become our identity. (Man I miss the BA era of us being a top 10 D!)

Bottom line, find away to get a deal done. Don’t let him walk to just become another pro bowl player somewhere else, I can’t take that!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I know a lot had been said about Reddick in the JJ Watt thread, however right now I think he deserves a thread of his own.

On 98.7 Gambo basically said there’s no chance they resign Reddick especially after bringing in Watt. But I have H.R. as the Cards top priority.

With both Chandler Jones and JJ Watt getting up there in age and suffering injuries, I say Reddick becomes even more of a priority bc of his age and upside. Besides, Reddick doesn’t play the same position as Watt.

Can you imagine Watt, CJ & Reddick harassing the qb all at once? My God if that doesn’t sound like a recipe for playoffs I don’t know what does! Heck I’d argue this is why the Bucs won the super bowl...That D line and the pressure they put on Mahomes was unreal.

And the reason Tom Brady lost two Super Bowls to the Giants was because of their studs who could put pressure on the QB. Maybe you remember some guys known by the names of Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, & Justin Tuck?

While we’re at it bring back Corey Peters too. Can you imagine how much pressure this would take off Kliff and the offense? I’d even love to see as just go all defense in the draft and allow that side of the ball to become our identity. (Man I miss the BA era of us being a top 10 D!)

Bottom line, find away to get a deal done. Don’t let him walk to just become another pro bowl player somewhere else, I can’t take that!
GAmbo doesn't know what the hell he is talking about with this. I am not saying they will definitely re-sign him, but the money if there if they want to.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Watt has nothing to do with reddick and golden as he plays on the line. Reddick just depends on money, I am cool with Jones, reddick/golden, gardeck and a rookie at OLB.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Depends what Reddick draws on the market. If he stays cool but if he leaves that’s cool to

I’d give him 8-10 a year

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Even though Haason was a one year wonder I feel like the defense won’t take the next step without him. He made plays all around the field early in the season, then he kinda disappeared in the middle before that epic stretch to close the season. I fully realize it could backfire but he’s still got upside I want to see. You have to hope his market isn’t steep.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I feel like somebody transported me to alternate timeline without noticing. Who would have thought that getting JJ Watt would make some people upset about keeping Reddick. Just a year ago he was shining example of Keim's drafting failures

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I feel like somebody transported me to alternate timeline without noticing. Who would have thought that getting JJ Watt would make some people upset about keeping Reddick. Just a year ago he was shining example of Keim's drafting failures
It was Keim's failure to hire coaches who misuse players at wrong positions / schemes. Reddick is the same guy he was in college, an EDGE rusher. He was not an ILB but like Buccanon, he was forced to try and learn a position in the pros he never played before. You can get away with position changes in high school and college but in NFL you are asking a player to learn a new position at the highest level of competition where weaknesses are easily identified and exposed by offensive coordinators.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Just a personal hunch but I think Reddick is ready to explode. I hope they bring him back

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s not happening.

am I the only one who listens to Keim and can read between the lines?

he has no interest in bringing reddick back.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
A lot can happen in a year.

TK421

Veteran
Reaction score
After acquiring Watt the team should definitely try to keep Reddick. I'd rather spend the $$$ on Reddick rather than a top FA CB. We can get by with average CBs with an elite pass rush.

Reaction score
It was Keim's failure to hire coaches who misuse players at wrong positions / schemes. Reddick is the same guy he was in college, an EDGE rusher. He was not an ILB but like Buccanon, he was forced to try and learn a position in the pros he never played before. You can get away with position changes in high school and college but in NFL you are asking a player to learn a new position at the highest level of competition where weaknesses are easily identified and exposed by offensive coordinators.

I knew it had to be Keim's fault somehow. He gets blamed if it's raining on game day.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I’m all for keeping Reddick. Pass rushers are hard to find and he’s young. He needs to be kept for multiple reasons.
1. He’s in his prime
2. Both Chandler Jones and JJ Watt are at the end of their careers.
3. He’s a very good pass rusher that we drafted and looks like he will have a great career.
4. Having Jones, Watt, Reddick and Simmons rushing the QB should be fun to watch.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I want someone like Reddick and Jones put together. I guess if you have to keep both to do that you do it. Reddick>Jones value wise.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was 50-50 but after listening to the latest ROTB podcast, it makes a lot of sense to try and keep Reddick so we're not pushing Chandler out of position. His natural spot would be joker on the same side as Watt, and that would honestly be amazing to see with Reddick staying at SAM. Who do you double on Jones' side of the line?

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
After acquiring Watt the team should definitely try to keep Reddick. I'd rather spend the $$$ on Reddick rather than a top FA CB. We can get by with average CBs with an elite pass rush.

Also makes it easier to survive with young CBs (who might tend to bite on double moves, and just be generally aggressive and handsy) if the pass rush limits the variability of route trees and the time they need to defend the back end.

So, we can draft a CB or two for value at any point in the draft and more plausibly give them run.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
With only 5 draft picks...... I think it's a lock that Reddick returns on (at worst) a tag. Only two days left to apply it though.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I think Bruce Arians has turned out ok as a coach.
But I agree about changing positions. I wasnt a fan of the Reddick pick from day 1 and he’s done nothing until this year to deserve a new contract.

Was it a 1 year wonder? I’d transition tag to gauge his market. I’m not franchise tagging him or just letting him hit the open market. He’s the perfect transition tag candidate.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
But I agree about changing positions. I wasnt a fan of the Reddick pick from day 1 and he’s done nothing until this year to deserve a new contract.

Was it a 1 year wonder? I’d transition tag to gauge his market. I’m not franchise tagging him or just letting him hit the open market. He’s the perfect transition tag candidate.

He did which is great for TB not ARZ so much, but his stubbornness wasted a couple of years of development for Reddick.

Its sort of the same situation as Humphries after 2019 where he finally had a year where he didn't end up on IR and showed potential as a solid LT. Maybe ARZ offer Reddick an incentive based contract that could be very lucrative if he can repeat his 2020 season or a contract that you can get out of after a year or two similar to Humphries deal.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Transition tag is still too much moolah for him.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Transition tag is still too much moolah for him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave