• No

Votes: 24 52.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think it is the opposite. You should very much vote. You already voted with your choice to ignore him. Make it official.
I don’t think you’d like my vote. I would vote to unban bc I don’t think I would ban someone for constant negativity or even the reason I ignore him, for the incessant repetition. I think I would only ban someone for being a consistent jerk. Actually if they’re constantly found lying I’d ban for that too, but I think I put him on ignore early enough to avoid most of that.

when he’s here some threads get derailed and somewhat difficult to read as people are responding to him, but it’s not tough to skim over those. If enough people ignore him he loses his audience and either (a) changes his posting style for the better or (b) goes away on his own as he ends up talking to himself.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think I am the only one who talks to him anymore. LOL. Not sure I should vote either.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I don’t think you’d like my vote. I would vote to unban bc I don’t think I would ban someone for constant negativity or even the reason I ignore him, for the incessant repetition. I think I would only ban someone for being a consistent jerk. Actually if they’re constantly found lying I’d ban for that too, but I think I put him on ignore early enough to avoid most of that.

when he’s here some threads get derailed and somewhat difficult to read as people are responding to him, but it’s not tough to skim over those. If enough people ignore him he loses his audience and either (a) changes his posting style for the better or (b) goes away on his own as he ends up talking to himself.
OK. Good choice then! :D

Superbone

Reaction score
If enough people ignore him he loses his audience and either (a) changes his posting style for the better or (b) goes away on his own as he ends up talking to himself.

Here's the issue. Most just can't help themselves from engaging.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Absolutely not. a permaban is a permaban. Too much trolling in most boards on this site, has been warned numerous times to stop, and he frankly doesn’t enhance the quality of any interaction. Addition by subtraction

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
May I suggest posters read at least the first two linked pages of a game thread and note poster interaction.

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/rockets-suns-friday-game-thread-2-7-20.340298/
Funny, I never read that since I have him blocked most of the year. That is wildly entertaining to read a year later.

I'd rather not ban him for things like that. He looks all the more the fool when he hunkers down on that nonsense.

For posters like him I try my best to apply the Proverbs 26:4-5 rule: "Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him. Answer a fool as his folly deserves, that he not be wise in his own eyes." (Admittedly I don't always pass that standard.)

Suns are 37-19 since that post. Let him keep talking. Maybe it's good luck. I'm sure there's some dude that started chirping in 2001 that the Patriots run will soon be over, then in 2021 said "told ya so".

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny, I never read that since I have him blocked most of the year. That is wildly entertaining to read a year later.

I'd rather not ban him for things like that. He looks all the more the fool when he hunkers down on that nonsense.

For posters like him I try my best to apply the Proverbs 26:4-5 rule: "Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him. Answer a fool as his folly deserves, that he not be wise in his own eyes." (Admittedly I don't always pass that standard.)

Suns are 37-19 since that post. Let him keep talking. Maybe it's good luck. I'm sure there's some dude that started chirping in 2001 that the Patriots run will soon be over, then in 2021 said "told ya so".

ha!

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
This is an online sports forum, despite his excessive obsession with hating some players, he does talk sports, as much as you may hate what he says he shouldn't be banned for his opinions. it's not hard to skim over his posts as ouchie said , I don't see any reason at all why he should be banned permanently. Atleast I wouldn't if I was making the decision

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think the fact that so many posters have him on ignore should tell you that he really detracts from this forum.

I've had him on ignore for awhile and it really screws up with the flow of posts because he posts the same crap over and over and people still respond to it.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
He does have some valid points at times. I find not attacking him personally, but discussing the point and why you agree/disagree works best.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He does have some valid points at times. I find not attacking him personally, but discussing the point and why you agree/disagree works best.

The problem I've seen with him is that even when he is objectively proven wrong he continues to disagree over and over and over and over and over...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem I've seen with him is that even when he is objectively proven wrong he continues to disagree over and over and over and over and over...

But he’s not the only poster guilty of that. He’s just the most annoying.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
@Chris_Sanders Is this poll whether we should keep his ban for the original punishment (2 months) or whether we should permaban him?

Superbone

Reaction score
The problem isn't the negative content. You'll find that on any sports site. It's the repetition of said content. It makes the threads hard to follow when you have him ignored. Frankly, it has kept me away from this site when it comes to Suns forum reading.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Look no further than his complaints of Nader being undersized with short arms to see the type of drivel that gets him ignored on this board.

I can live with someone that just focuses on the negative things, but at least focus on something real and not made up things like the above example.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Look no further than his complaints of Nader being undersized with short arms to see the type of drivel that gets him ignored on this board.

I can live with someone that just focuses on the negative things, but at least focus on something real and not made up things like the above example.
Cam Johnson is his most egregious subject.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem isn't the negative content. You'll find that on any sports site. It's the repetition of said content. It makes the threads hard to follow when you have him ignored. Frankly, it has kept me away from this site when it comes to Suns forum reading.

This is why he was banned originally, not for negativity but just harping on the same things in every thread until someone takes the bait and argues with him

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

As it does in real life. Censorship is almost always the wrong way to handle differing opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA