Chris Paul for Oubre/Rubio/Jerome?

• Yes I would make the trade

• No I would not make the trade

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd prefer they just play him sparingly. Its too early in the year to give him nights off, IMO.

This is where I am at as well although this early season schedule is very tough.

I haven't studied the schedule but I hope it's not like this all season.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If the discussion can be done sanely, I'm wondering if there will be any load management done with Paul with the Suns playing their next five games over seven days.

I think they will load manage him, but I think maybe they limit him to 20mpg for early season b2b or something as opposed to sitting him completely

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they will load manage him, but I think maybe they limit him to 20mpg for early season b2b or something as opposed to sitting him completely

This would be the preferable way to do it unless we have 4th place locked up. :D

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Q1: 7 min start
Q3: 7 min start
Q4: 6 min finish

Paul’s ideal mpg distribution in B2B. Allows him to have meaningful rhythm, and finish up.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Q1: 7 min start
Q3: 7 min start
Q4: 6 min finish

Paul’s ideal mpg distribution in B2B. Allows him to have meaningful rhythm, and finish up.
It's a fun little thought experiment and all, but I don't think there will be much if any load management for Paul this year. He said it himself if he is healthy than he is going to play.

Plus side with most of this years back to backs is that there is no travel so he can immediately start physically preparing for the next game at the end of the first game.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Absolutely not. Classic case of recency bias and buying high. Suns have done this 1000x in recent years. Buying assets at a high and selling them at a low. Cp3 had one over achieving year (last year), other than that every one of his teams has underperformed. Not to mention hes an all world deusche with a huge contract and wed be giving up a young player. Pass.

I’m going to have fun with this thread. Multiple likes on this post. Amazing. Gotta take remedial basketball 101 over again, folks!

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Oubre has more value than CP3, way more. The sad part is Oubre the only guy to come here that actually wants to be here and were trying to chase him out of town. If you offered me co3 for oubre straight up, id say no unless we were contender immediately

Getting warmer...

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The threshold for Oubre isn't whether he's going to be a star at some point, but whether he has long-term value. He does. If the Suns piss him away like they do with so many other mid-tier assets, they're going to regret it.

What's the point of being "relevant" for two years when it prevents the team from growing? Now we're looking at Summer 2022 with a team that has had a couple of first-round playoff exits, hasn't added any new pieces, and has to recreate its identity around players who just spent the last two years getting led around by their grandfather.

This trade is beyond stupid for the Suns.

Lol

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wrong on all counts.

Firstly, the Suns’ ceiling with Chris Paul + whoever they can get with 18mm cap space + MLE is very much a team that could compete for a title. Miami and Denver were on the cusp of winning a title this year: are they really that far from the Suns’ with Paul/Jerami Grant/Augustin?

Secondly, the question isn’t whether Oubre has value (he does, marginally); it’s whether he has anything close to the value of Paul over the next two seasons. He doesn’t. Anyone who thinks so is just wrong. 30 GMs would agree with Paul’s surplus value being higher (even substantially higher) than Oubre. Who cares if Oubre has more marginal value 3-5 years from now? By that time Booker may have grown too disenchanted to want to stay.

Thirdly, how can you say that playoff experience prevents the team from growing? The bubble was the closest thing to playoffs this team has seen, and, without Oubre, I saw them grow quite a bit!

Well, now. Swapping Jae for Jerami and maybe throw in a bought out George Hill for Augustin and we are cooking with gas!

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
i disagreed with a lot these posts at the time and was in favor of the trade on day 1, but what you’re doing is so childish and trolling that I can only believe you’re someone with no life whatsoever to waste your time this way.

What does that make you, then, to respond to such lifelessness?

Carry on.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Would Miami have won a series against any of the top four teams in the West? As for the Nuggets, yes, there's a huge gap between them and the Suns. Jokic is miles ahead of Ayton, Murray has the edge on Booker, and you can continue from there.

I like Paul's game a lot, but the notion that adding him would transform the lottery Suns into a title contender is lunacy.

Also, where do you get $18 million in cap space? The trade would add $7.5 million to the Suns' payroll.

Paul is one more serious injury away from retirement. Yes, I agree that if the goal is only to win as many games as possible over the next two seasons, Paul is a better bet than Oubre, but that's a very narrow way of looking at it.

More "marginal" value? Oubre will have much greater value than Paul 3-5 years from now. Paul's value then will be zero.

You must think Booker is pretty stupid if you expect him to be appeased by a couple of short-sighted first-round exits at the expense of the team's long-term development.

8-0 is great no matter how you slice it, but how many of the Suns' bubble opponents had something to play for? It wasn't real NBA-caliber competition.

man called me a lunatic (I was right)

hmmmmmm but I’m the childish troll!

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yep that's amazing, with his stats there's at least 100 players that should have had that spot before him. Some of them from our team. Its a popularity contest.
And not worth 85mil for 2 years.

Unreal idiocy.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would not make this trade. I think Rubio will be better than CP3 next year. It's not about what they have been but what they will be. I am fine with including Oubre, but putting all our eggs in the CP3 basket with his age and history of health is too dangerous IMO.

damn

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
we should not deal that 10th pick. That’s where I draw the line on that deal. That pick is what hopefully will be the bridge from the Chris Paul era to the fully formed Booker/Ayton era.

Pretty funny that Jalen Smith almost sunk the Paul deal.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That's a nice fact, it pairs nicely with another fact. NBA organizations just can't wait to get that guy into their locker room as we will be his 4th different team in just 5 years.

yeah, Paul is such a big headache

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He used to be great. He's still pretty good. Not quite very good. He had a very good season under highly beneficial and highly unusual circumstances. He missed 69 games in the 3 seasons prior to that. If you choose to grade him solely on last season that's your choice but it's not mine.

Paul is “not quite very good”, folks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson