Free Agency Rumors

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bad leaders are still leaders. If you think our cup runneth over with good leaders, you're as savvy as Keim.

You and I have something in common.

Neither of us has spent a nanosecond in the Cards dressing room.

As a result, I can't speak to the leadership or lack of amongst the players.

Where do you get your absolute certainty, pray tell?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Smarmy much? By your "logic" message boards are pointless. Or you're saying you're the only person that can be "right" in this argument. I repeat, smarmy much?

Good team leadership transitions to the field. Go ahead and tell me, from watching the end product--especially how we lost the games we lost and a lot of the poor discipline and sloppiness we projected--that we had good team leadership last year. Can you do that, Pray tell? ;)

(Hint: you can't do that)

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Smarmy much? By your "logic" message boards are pointless. Or you're saying you're the only person that can be "right" in this argument. I repeat, smarmy much?

Good team leadership transitions to the field. Go ahead and tell me, from watching the end product--especially how we lost the games we lost and a lot of the poor discipline and sloppiness we projected--that we had good team leadership last year. Can you do that, Pray tell? ;)

(Hint: you can't do that)

Walter is that you?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Do I really need to discuss Fitz or Hop?
Everyone on the defense calls Budda the heart and soul of the defense, does that not make him a leader?
Bring 2nd on the DPOY voting and being an all out superstar doesn't make Jones a leader? He is more than 'just a good football player.'
There are reports that DJ has come in and been more vocal on the offensive line.
Fitz has always been a quiet guy other than the couple of seasons where he gathered receivers. But I don’t think he’s done that it years. Hops a great player - I’m not sure he’s a leader. Please present evidence.

“heart and soul” doesn’t mean leader. The beat player on a squad is usually called the heart and soul.

no, again, being good, even great, doesn’t make you a leader. Pretty sure AB was the beat receiver in the NFL for a few years. Didn’t make him a leader.

“reports?” Please post one. And “more vocal” doesn’t make one a leader.

frankly, I’m not certain you know what a leader is from your comments. Just being the best at your position does not equate to leadership.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
With our lack of picks & the amount of needs we have at more valuable positions, I don’t want to draft a RB, tbh.
So what's the plan at RB then? Count on Edmonds to last a full year with Eno Benjamin and DJ Foster?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't think you need to be in the locker room to see the leadership (or lack thereof). I think it's most evident on the sideline during a game. Leadership is no use if you leave it in your locker.

The Cardinals All or Nothing repeats were airing on Sky recently and I caught the crucial Vikings game we needed to win to make the playoffs and the difference on that sideline vs what we see on Kliff's sidelines was shockingly stark.

Guys like Calais, Red Bryant, Badger etc rallying guys before every series. BA and other coaches holding players to accounts after every series. In fact the leadership came from the coaches. They held players to account and that fed through so the players made sure they held each other to account.

I've never seen any of that while Kliff has been here. Our sideline is like a waiting room at the dentists. And fans that have attended games and can see it all the time have said the same thing here.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So what's the plan at RB then? Count on Edmonds to last a full year with Eno Benjamin and DJ Foster?
Release Foster. Give Jonathan Ward burn & go after some UDFAs. RB should not nearly be held to this valuable standard as you’re making it out to be. Improve the iOL then go from there.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Release Foster. Give Jonathan Ward burn & go after some UDFAs. RB should not nearly be held to this valuable standard as you’re making it out to be. Improve the iOL then go from there.

A back like Chuba Hubbard, who had a statistically poor final season, should be available later in the draft.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To keep it a buck, I would draft a TE like Hunter Long or Tommy Tremble in Round 3 than draft a RB. Watching his film since his Allen days, I think that’s what he really needs & seems to be most comfortable with. Both Long & Tremble are also good blockers while showing dynamic ability, especially Tremble. I like Maxx, but he can’t stay healthy & Dan might not even be back.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Wednesday dang it... what is scheduled to happen then is the most looming question for this forum because that's our motto!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
We've seen a number of teams over the years try and NOT use at least a 2nd or 3rd on their lead back and then struggle.

What do you think of like a 3/$15 mill deal with 7 guaranteed for Carson?

That wouldn't be too much and I think Carson falls into that tier because of his injury history.
My personal preference is Duke Johnson in FA and then targeting round 5 for a RB. I really like Elijah Mitchell, Jemar Jefferson, Chris Evans, Trey Sermon, and Kylin Hill in that range. They all seem to have a power/quickness combo that I like in RBs. They have all been a primary guy at one point in time. They all have some catching ability even if it is not high-end.

Chase Edmonds
Duke Johnson
Eno/Ward
UDFA
5th round pick

Seems like an extremely cheap and versatile RB depth chart that has some room for upside.

EDIT: I have a feeling that Edmonds is capped on what volume and role he can be successful with, but I also want to give him the opportunity to show me more.

Last edited:

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
some considerable rumblings about OBJ getting traded to Cardinals. Not sure what the return to cleveland would be. I'd offer a 3rd rounder.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
some considerable rumblings about OBJ getting traded to Cardinals. Not sure what the return to cleveland would be. I'd offer a 3rd rounder.

In that case I think they would get less then a third
Then I'm not excited having a combo of prima donna

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
EDIT: I have a feeling that Edmonds is capped on what volume and role he can be successful with, but I also want to give him the opportunity to show me more.

I saw KK made some comments about Edmonds being a primary back, but that seems like an awful plan. He's 5'9, and not the least bit physical. Edmonds screams change of pace back, and to try him as an every down back makes no sense. He's nicked up constantly, and that won't improve with more carries.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I saw KK made some comments about Edmonds being a primary back, but that seems like an awful plan. He's 5'9, and not the least bit physical. Edmonds screams change of pace back, and to try him as an every down back makes no sense. He's nicked up constantly, and that won't improve with more carries.
Which is why I would have a Duke Johnson on the roster. It is why I would draft a more physical back in round 5 and also as a UDFA. You don't want to throw Edmonds out there and then have to scramble if he gets hurt, but he also deserves the opportunity to show he can be more.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He's exactly the same height, weight and speed as Aaron Jones. Who is a primary back.

He's the same size but faster than Mike Davis. Who has been the Panthers primary back most the year.

He's taller and heavier than CEH.

He's the same size as Emmitt Smith. He's bigger than Barry Sanders.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Too high. Dude is coming season ending injury and wasn’t making huge impact before that.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
He's exactly the same height, weight and speed as Aaron Jones. Who is a primary back.

He's the same size but faster than Mike Davis. Who has been the Panthers primary back most the year.

He's taller and heavier than CEH.

He's the same size as Emmitt Smith. He's bigger than Barry Sanders.

It's not just the size, it's questions about durability as well. I think we'd be better served finding a primary thunder option, with Edmonds as the lightning. Edmonds starting and getting primary back carries will only bang him up and limit his effectiveness as a change of pace.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA