Free Agency Rumors

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'd actually be ok with AB. As long as we re-sign Reddick, draft interior OL and CB in the first 3 rounds and AB. I think we make the playoffs with that team.

Yeah, let's throw that headcase into a locker room devoid of leadership. Adding Watt isn't nearly enough. If you thought we lacked discipline and didn't gel as a team well enough last year, go ahead and throw AB into the mix. Crash and burn.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, let's throw that headcase into a locker room devoid of leadership. Adding Watt isn't nearly enough. If you thought we lacked discipline and didn't gel as a team well enough last year, go ahead and throw AB into the mix. Crash and burn.
Stout, can you make yourself more clear. Not sure how you really feel about AB:p It wouldn't take long before I could picture Watt having AB by the throat up against a locker. It could be like the locker room fight the Cardinals had at halftime of a Monday Night game against the Cowboys back in the Buddy Ryan era. What a debacle that was. As badly as we need receivers (plural), AB could be a death knell. And like Stout says, we DO NOT have the leadership to offset that. Hell, if that ever happened, I could see KK sitting in the corner watching it with a bag of popcorn.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Stout, can you make yourself more clear. Not sure how you really feel about AB:p It wouldn't take long before I could picture Watt having AB by the throat up against a locker. It could be like the locker room fight the Cardinals had at halftime of a Monday Night game against the Cowboys back in the Buddy Ryan era. What a debacle that was. As badly as we need receivers (plural), AB could be a death knell. And like Stout says, we DO NOT have the leadership to offset that. Hell, if that ever happened, I could see KK sitting in the corner watching it with a bag of popcorn.

AB had brady and still wasnt that good last ear so beyond the fact that he is a knucklehead he just isnt that good either. Go got marvin jones

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score

AB had brady and still wasnt that good last ear so beyond the fact that he is a knucklehead he just isnt that good either. Go got marvin jones

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Carson wouldn't be a terrible compliment to Edmonds. They definitely are missing someone who can make the first man miss and break tackles. One reason I feel that Javonte Williams will be a real option for them if he is available in round 2.

We've seen a number of teams over the years try and NOT use at least a 2nd or 3rd on their lead back and then struggle.

What do you think of like a 3/$15 mill deal with 7 guaranteed for Carson?

That wouldn't be too much and I think Carson falls into that tier because of his injury history.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I would disagree with the lack of leadership. Fitz, Hop, Budda, DJ, PP, (if he comes back) Jones are all leaders, not to mention Watt.

We have leaders; either they aren't the type you want, or you are trying to use that as an excuse not to sign AB.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I would disagree with the lack of leadership. Fitz, Hop, Budda, DJ, PP, (if he comes back) Jones are all leaders, not to mention Watt.

We have leaders; either they aren't the type you want, or you are trying to use that as an excuse not to sign AB.
Other than Fitz, please describe to me the evidence of leadership we have for the others. Just being a good football player doesn’t make you a leader.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score

J.J. is a "Ray Lewis" type of alpha leader. None of those other guys are at that level of leadership IMO. Brady obviously is.

I saw one commentator who said J.J. could bring the defensive equivalent of what Brady brought to the Bucs. Hope he stays healthy.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Other than Fitz, please describe to me the evidence of leadership we have for the others. Just being a good football player doesn’t make you a leader.

Do I really need to discuss Fitz or Hop?
Everyone on the defense calls Budda the heart and soul of the defense, does that not make him a leader?
Bring 2nd on the DPOY voting and being an all out superstar doesn't make Jones a leader? He is more than 'just a good football player.'
There are reports that DJ has come in and been more vocal on the offensive line.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
J.J. is a "Ray Lewis" type of alpha leader. None of those other guys are at that level of leadership IMO. Brady obviously is.

I saw one commentator who said J.J. could bring the defensive equivalent of what Brady brought to the Bucs. Hope he stays healthy.

Give me a break. You don't have to be outspoken and flamboyant to be a leader. Nobody wouldn't call Peyton a leader and he was as soft spoken as they come...

Stout

Reaction score

Bingo. Of that list, Fitz is the only one that stands out as a big leader, and he might be gone. Watt will help, of course, but we're still lacking in the whole culture of leadership. KK certainly ain't providing it, and KM seems more of an introvert type (not a knock on him or the kind of person he is).

Plus, I don't need an excuse to not want AB. He's absolutely poisonous.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bad mouthing your organization on three different occasions in the media and half assing it on the field at times is not leader ship...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bad mouthing your organization on three different occasions in the media and half assing it on the field at times is not leader ship...

Take PP out as he probably won't be on the team anymore. My point still stands.

A little ironic about the badmouthing leadership stance and leadership, considering your Boldin allegiance...

Last edited:

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I don’t think of PP as leader at all on this team, more of a me player in my eyes

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bingo. Of that list, Fitz is the only one that stands out as a big leader, and he might be gone. Watt will help, of course, but we're still lacking in the whole culture of leadership. KK certainly ain't providing it, and KM seems more of an introvert type (not a knock on him or the kind of person he is).

Plus, I don't need an excuse to not want AB. He's absolutely poisonous.

Bingo. We have leaders, you just want different ones. I guess we came to some sort of agreement...

I absolutely agree that you don't need an excuse to not want AB, most people don't. Just unclear why you tried to throw one in that doesn't really jive.

Stout

Reaction score
Bingo. We have leaders, you just want different ones. I guess we came to some sort of agreement...

I absolutely agree that you don't need an excuse to not want AB, most people don't. Just unclear why you tried to throw one in that doesn't really jive.

Bad leaders are still leaders. If you think our cup runneth over with good leaders, you're as savvy as Keim.