Hunt

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wouldn’t sign AB to play for free but that’s me. I wouldn’t sign Hunt either but he’s nowhere’s as much a cancer as AB, although there are enough rbs out there that we don’t need Hunt.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hunt had ONE real incident whereas AB has had like 4-5.

I'm glad you are so free of any wrongdoing in your life that you can cast the first stone. :)

Same people who had no problem with Frostee's several arrest for sexual assault and being forced to switch college due to a rape allegation.

If Hunt was here ripping off 20 yard runs and scoring 15+ TDs every single one would be cheering his name.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Same people who had no problem with Frostee's several arrest for sexual assault and being forced to switch college due to a rape allegation.

If Hunt was here ripping off 20 yard runs and scoring 15+ TDs every single one would be cheering his name.

I mean....he halfheartedly kicked at a girl who was talking smack to him. It's not like he knocked out his fiancée or raped two different women.

Young men (and women!) make mistakes and we should at least have some level of tolerance for mistakes from kids. Kareem Hunt =/ Rae Carruth. He made a mistake and paid for it, probably lost 10s of millions of dollars over his mistakes.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I mean....he halfheartedly kicked at a girl who was talking smack to him. It's not like he knocked out his fiancée or raped two different women.

Young men (and women!) make mistakes and we should at least have some level of tolerance for mistakes from kids. Kareem Hunt =/ Rae Carruth. He made a mistake and paid for it, probably lost 10s of millions of dollars over his mistakes.

OK you lost me here - "Kareem Hunt =/ Rae Carruth" What are you trying to say about Carruth?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm glad you are so free of any wrongdoing in your life that you can cast the first stone. :)

That's one way to look at what I posted...

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

"Halfheartedly kicked?"

Seems like you need to go back and watch that video. He would have torn her to absolute shreds if it weren't for four men holding him back, and he twice shoves his "crew" away violently. They even get him back inside and he goes back out to kick her.

Imagine what an NFL running back would have done to a 19 year old girl if he had gotten a clean shot.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I agree on Hunt. He made a bad mistake and paid for it. There's no pattern there.

Unlike say, Rucker, who was arrested at 14 for attempted rape of his an 11 year old neighbor. It's sealed so the outcome is not known. He was reported at CSU for indecent exposure and then arrested some months later for raping another student. He was allowed to plead down (as football stars were in those days) and got 1 year suspended but was kicked out of school and transferred to USC. Then at the Bengals he was arrested for 2 counts of domestic battery. See the pattern?

Kids make mistakes. Kids with millions of dollars and a big spotlight on them make bigger mistakes. I have far more issue with a pattern like Ruckers.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kareem Hunt is one fantastic RB. No one can question that & he would immediately make our offense better. That being said, the Bidwill family historically stays away from players involved in a violent act. Don't see it happening.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
"Halfheartedly kicked?"

Seems like you need to go back and watch that video. He would have torn her to absolute shreds if it weren't for four men holding him back, and he twice shoves his "crew" away violently. They even get him back inside and he goes back out to kick her.

Imagine what an NFL running back would have done to a 19 year old girl if he had gotten a clean shot.

But he didn't.

He's not Joe Mixon.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
But he didn't.

He's not Joe Mixon.
I'm saying he would have. Mixon landed one punch and that was it. Hunt only missed because his buddies were holding him back and misdirecting him.

It's like saying a car was aiming at a bunch of kids on the sidewalk but missed by a few feet, so it's no big deal.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
To get this thread back on track:

I'd MAX offer a third for him. That might be enticing to the Browns.
I think that might doable. He’s somewhat of a luxury for the browns who could use a pick elsewhere that’s more of a need.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I agree on Hunt. He made a bad mistake and paid for it. There's no pattern there.

Unlike say, Rucker, who was arrested at 14 for attempted rape of his an 11 year old neighbor. It's sealed so the outcome is not known. He was reported at CSU for indecent exposure and then arrested some months later for raping another student. He was allowed to plead down (as football stars were in those days) and got 1 year suspended but was kicked out of school and transferred to USC. Then at the Bengals he was arrested for 2 counts of domestic battery. See the pattern?

Kids make mistakes. Kids with millions of dollars and a big spotlight on them make bigger mistakes. I have far more issue with a pattern like Ruckers.
Huh, I never knew all that about Rucker. What a scumbag if true

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm saying he would have. Mixon landed one punch and that was it. Hunt only missed because his buddies were holding him back and misdirecting him.

It's like saying a car was aiming at a bunch of kids on the sidewalk but missed by a few feet, so it's no big deal.

It's one transgression. One.

Joe Mixon broke a girls jaw! Intent rarely exceeds impact. It was wrong of Hunt but he is a damn kid and kids make mistakes.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Joe Mixon broke a girls jaw! Intent rarely exceeds impact. It was wrong of Hunt but he is a damn kid and kids make mistakes.

I'll never understand this paradox with the NFL where players in one of the most violent sports in the world are expected to all be saints and how fans hold them to far, far higher standards than they do themselves or anyone else in normal life.

For example, I'm absolutely certain there are fans on message boards right now, maybe even here, saying I don't want X guy because he has a DUI or he hit a girl when they themselves have done those things.

Nobody in their every day life would go into work and say "I'm not working with Dwight since I found out he once hit a girl 12 years ago in college".

There are some people that don't deserve 2nd chances but that's not the case with most of these guys. Especially when you consider the difficult backgrounds many of them come from.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'll never understand this paradox with the NFL where players in one of the most violent sports in the world are expected to all be saints and how fans hold them to far, far higher standards than they do themselves or anyone else in normal life.

For example, I'm absolutely certain there are fans on message boards right now, maybe even here, saying I don't want X guy because he has a DUI or he hit a girl when they themselves have done those things.

Nobody in their every day life would go into work and say "I'm not working with Dwight since I found out he once hit a girl 12 years ago in college".

There are some people that don't deserve 2nd chances but that's not the case with most of these guys. Especially when you consider the difficult backgrounds many of them come from.

I'm anti-Joe Mixon because of the impact of what he did and his total lack of remorse.

But Hunt paid the price big time.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

In reverse, Mixon put his hands on a girl once. Once. Hunt went after her multiple times. 22/23 is not a "kid."

Mixon was certainly a kid, 18/19 at the time of the incident, and grew up over time. Nonetheless, she at least put her hands on him first, unlike Hunt. But hey, I don't want either guy on my team.

NFL players need to be normal humans off the field. They have intense practices, workouts, and 3 hours on Sundays to work out aggression. I'm going to give NFL players a pass for getting their emotions up and committing dumb penalties or getting into a fight there, but it's not a pass to act that way in public. As someone that knows more NFL players than the average bear, I don't know a single dude who sits on the edge unhinged waiting for a fight. They just want to smoke weed and eat.

And you'd better believe if I were sitting there hiring someone to be a part of my team, and they had a highly publicized incident of hitting a woman brutally on camera, I'd pass on them for a lesser qualified candidate.

Last edited:

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
In reverse, Mixon put his hands on a girl once. Once. Hunt went after her multiple times. 22/23 is not a "kid."

Mixon was certainly a kid, 18/19 at the time of the incident, and grew up over time. Nonetheless, she at least put her hands on him first, unlike Hunt. But hey, I don't want either guy on my team.

NFL players need to be normal humans off the field. They have intense practices, workouts, and 3 hours on Sundays. I'm going to give NFL players a pass for getting their emotions up and committing dumb penalties or getting into a fight there, but it's not a pass to act that way in public. As someone that knows more NFL players than the average bear, I don't know a single dude who sits on the edge unhinged waiting for a fight. They just want to smoke weed and eat.

And you'd better believe if I were sitting there hiring someone to be a part of my team, and they had a highly publicized incident of hitting a woman brutally on camera, I'd pass on them for a lesser qualified candidate.

CTE

Look at Antonio Brown. Started acting like a maniac soon after getting destroyed by Vontaze Burfect in the playoffs

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

NFL players need to be normal humans off the field. They have intense practices, workouts, and 3 hours on Sundays. I'm going to give NFL players a pass for getting their emotions up and committing dumb penalties or getting into a fight there, but it's not a pass to act that way in public. As someone that knows more NFL players than the average bear, I don't know a single dude who sits on the edge unhinged waiting for a fight. They just want to smoke weed and eat.

Ditto. I know a few former nfl players. None of them acted like that off field. And we just canned a hire that had a violence related issue outside of work. As a society we make a big mistake giving free passes to athletes, or any celebrities or wealthy people

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
CTE

Look at Antonio Brown. Started acting like a maniac soon after getting destroyed by Vontaze Burfect in the playoffs
That certainly accounts for some scenarios, but I doubt it was involved at the ages of 18-23.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

NFL players need to be normal humans off the field. They have intense practices, workouts, and 3 hours on Sundays to work out aggression. I'm going to give NFL players a pass for getting their emotions up and committing dumb penalties or getting into a fight there, but it's not a pass to act that way in public. As someone that knows more NFL players than the average bear, I don't know a single dude who sits on the edge unhinged waiting for a fight. They just want to smoke weed and eat.

He broke her jaw for a slight push after he sexually harassed her.

I don't know how you compare a slight kick to a broken jaw preceded by sexual harassment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave