Favorite player in 2021 Draft: Kadarious Toney!!

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I used to post here under the title of Holian, but decided to change to my favorite Cardinal QB to WR combination.

My absolute favorite player in this 2021 draft is Kadarious Toney WR from Florida. He would in my opinion give the Cardinals the most impactful rookie campaign with his combination of receiving skills, ridiculous yard after the catch, return skills, and ability to play the slot, jet sweeps, outside receiver. I am not sure how fast his 40 time will be, but his lateral quickness and balance is video game level. He is super tough as well.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to post here under the title of Holian, but decided to change to my favorite Cardinal QB to WR combination.

My absolute favorite player in this 2021 draft is Kadarious Toney WR from Florida. He would in my opinion give the Cardinals the most impactful rookie campaign with his combination of receiving skills, ridiculous yard after the catch, return skills, and ability to play the slot, jet sweeps, outside receiver. I am not sure how fast his 40 time will be, but his lateral quickness and balance is video game level. He is super tough as well.

I wouldn't mind him if in a trade down scenario.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I havent watched anything but highlights...but he does look like a game breaking player. I wouldn't mind him in the first...but not crazy at #16...so maybe if we trade down.

I would say that if Chase, Smith, and Pitts are gone....our choices would be between Marshall or Toney at WR....I would go Toney

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really feel that Pitts will be the star receiver from this class. He is a true monster at 6'6" and runs like any of the best WRs. What a huge target he will be. Move over Kelce!

The best tight ends in the league weren't first round picks
They were athletically gifted but not considered all around tigh ends, that's why they dropped
Probably in their evaluation the receiving skills werent enough, but I do think is the mainly aspect, the blocking skills can be improved if the guy is willing to improve and athletically gifted, but the receiving and route skills cannot very much

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean if you want the second best receiver on Florida. Everyone wants Surtain but Pitts just abused him in one on one

Yes, but the problem is how KK would intend to use him
If they want a tigh end who is more effective as a blocker or as a receiver, if u have a solid offensive line it's fine having him but if they need more often a tigh end to support the tackle then isn't worth drafting him in the first

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, but the problem is how KK would intend to use him
If they want a tigh end who is more effective as a blocker or as a receiver, if u have a solid offensive line it's fine having him but if they need more often a tigh end to support the tackle then isn't worth drafting him in the first

I think they would use him frequently on the outside like they did in Florida

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have to say that I haven't watched him yet, but if he can be an outside WR than pick him @16, if you draft a "WR" with 6'6 you use him like Megatron ... the question is can he be that kind of WR?

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I think Pitts takes over the Fitzgerald role if we draft him.

Personally, I like Toney. he's no Percy Harvin but the kid could be a nice pickup if we trade back to the 20's.

I'm honing in on Slater, AVT, Cosmi, Ojulari, Phillips, Farley, Horn, & Surtain

Slater & Surtain seem like pipe dreams. So does Waddle & Pitts. 16 is just a swing spot. I'd rather be around 13 because then Slater would be more of a possibility. I just see David Decastro in a tackle frame when I watch his tape. And I loved Decastro coming out.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The buzz on this guy is warming up. He may go before 16. I’d be okay with the Cards taking him. He’s the kind of player who would instantly upgrade the offense.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
2021 NFL Draft Profile: Florida WR Kadarius Toney | NFL Draft | PFF

good write up here -- long form

for the tldr types:

super athletic with freaky one on one moves -- both on the release and with the ball

but: in the NFL, you dont have time to bust three moves to free yourself from the press -- concern that he wont be at his spot on time for the QB.

may take a year to get up to speed

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave