Suns Defense Appreciation Thread

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
It's rare to see a Suns team that can get big stops and play strong defense. Their ability to close out on shooters and create pressure on shots has been consistent. I think their acquisitions of Crowder and the development of Bridges has been key. Ayton is a good defensive presence down low. They built a solid foundation for defense with the offseason pickups.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It's a culture of competing on defense. Also, their awareness on the defensive end seems really good. They know where the ball is and they know what their assignment is. You have to give the coaching staff credit.

OP
OP
jagu

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I'd like to see Saric more in moments where they need some strong interior defense. He has the intelligence to make savvy defensive plays inside.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And it’s lead to more freedom to play physically on defense. I’ve been waiting for this for a long time. Once you earn a reputation as a good defensive team the refs swallow their whistles a bit and give you the benefit of the doubt when you play physically. We were on the wrong end of it with the Spurs for years. Now we are earning those slow whistles. And I liiiiiike it.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I think Dario will always be somewhat limited as a one on one defender, but his team defense is usually excellent. That's the thing that's most impressive to me, everyone is locked in defensively. They're not immune to the occasional lapse, but in general rotations and help defense is there and other teams have to work to get good shots.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sorry for the potato quality, but we're light years away from this:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I remembered that happening, but watching it again . . . it was even worse than I remembered. Holy cow.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the potato quality, but we're light years away from this:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

hahaha... wow. No wonder I could never sit through an entire game prior to last year.

what a freaking disaster this team was for the last decade.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA