Don't pencil Josh Jones in at RT just yet

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It worked out for Leonard Davis and had Denny Green not stuck him at LT and let him be a Gaurd, things may have turned out differently.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Ugh. Sounds like Mason Cole all over again. Guy turns 24 before the season and his best characteristic is that he is versatile. (I am probably over-reacting but Tristen Wirfs was staring us in the face.)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It worked out for Leonard Davis and had Denny Green not stuck him at LT and let him be a Gaurd, things may have turned out differently.
For me the issue is that they are not touting him at any one spot. they don't love him at T but also don't love him at G.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For me the issue is that they are not touting him at any one spot. they don't love him at T but also don't love him at G.
Agree with your point, doesn't look promising
We need 2/3 new starters in the offensive line
C/RG/RT

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugh. Sounds like Mason Cole all over again. Guy turns 24 before the season and his best characteristic is that he is versatile. (I am probably over-reacting but Tristen Wirfs was staring us in the face.)
You’re not.

But hey, at least we drafted the least valuable position on defense. That’s worth something.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This makes sense
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The JJ Watt signing tells us that we are in major win now mode which gives me the strong inclination that they will be averse to starting with a RT with no starts.

I think Gilbert is more likely (if he doesn't retire) or possibly Beachum resigning.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't forget Gilbert is still on the roster so maybe he starts at RT and Jones is the starting RG. Kk and SK were raving about him 2 years ago.

I'm not expecting this to happen but SK might be .

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't forget Gilbert is still on the roster so maybe he starts at RT and Jones is the starting RG. Kk and SK were raving about him 2 years ago.

I'm not expecting this to happen but SK might be .

This team is far more inclined towards vets. I'm not saying Jones won't be the guy but he'd have to be clearly better than Gilbert to win the job I think.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
At this point I'm just going to depressed laugh if yet another 3rd rounder is mostly a non-factor before he's into year 2.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He's starting at RT. The rest of this is blather. No reason to say he's a non factor when everybody on the team is just talking him up.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Gilbert is under contract and the Cardinals can afford to bring him into camp and take a look after his year away from football. My guess is that Jones will start at right tackle unless Gilbert looks very solid in camp. In this case Jones could slide to right guard. In either case I believe the Cards will either bring in another O-lineman in free agency or spend a high draft choice on one. They won't go into the season banking on Gilbert for anything.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we are in win now mode we have to sign a veteran like Linsley. We can’t be waiting to groom another draft choice while Kyler is running for his life.
Signing Watts may draw some quality free agents to arizona. I hope Linsley is one of them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose