Kyler on Pat Mcafee show

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I have the game taped & have watched it a few times. Until that last drive, you could hear the crowd’s displeasure with Rodgers. He threw the ball like 50 times & his yardage for the game was maybe 225 yards. It wouldn’t have been close had the Packers not dropped like 3 picks that Rosen threw right to them. I do remember Edmonds having a great game. I have a close friend in Little Chute & I was supposed to go to that game. Something came up & I had to cancel.
Well it was a wet snowy day. My point is Rodgers didn't lose the game on purpose. Great players have bad days, and on any given sunday, any team can win. Now if you said mason crosby missed on purpose to get mccarthy fired, I still wouldn't believe it, but it would hold more weight.:cheers:

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

and again...... (if you go to this tweet -- K1 retweeted this as well)
yeah because it makes the life of all other players on the field that much easier.

Clean pocket ... WR have time to get open
Disrupting DL ... CB don't need to cover the WR/TE/RB forever.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't complain about improving the OL but realize, TB already had Evans and Godwin and added Brown and Gronk. It's not like the weapons Kyler has are comparable he just needs a better OL. Better OL great but if we don't get better WR play too he's still going to have to run often to generate offense.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You can't complain about improving the OL but realize, TB already had Evans and Godwin and added Brown and Gronk. It's not like the weapons Kyler has are comparable he just needs a better OL. Better OL great but if we don't get better WR play too he's still going to have to run often to generate offense.
TBF he openly campaigned for WR (and in hindsight OL) as well. One of those issues could have been taken care of in the 2020 draft.

Maybe it is and Josh Jones is a surprise star. We'll see.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
TBF he openly campaigned for WR (and in hindsight OL) as well. One of those issues could have been taken care of in the 2020 draft.

Maybe it is and Josh Jones is a surprise star. We'll see.
I agree. I’m a firm believer in fixing the offensive side of the ball completely. I understood the lure of Simmons, but by not picking OL or WR, it set our offense back at least a year, probably two. To add to the insanity, Simmons then rides the bench most of his rookie season:bang:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
“I think we play in the hardest division in the NFL,” Murray said. “We just have to get better, and it’s not going to get easier. Those teams are here to stay. I think it starts with me—me taking that next step and guys following my lead. We have a lot of areas I feel we need to get better and I think we’ll attack those in the offseason with free agency and stuff like that, so we’ll see.”

Arizona Cardinals Quarterback Kyler Murray Knows Taking Next Step ‘Starts With Me’ (forbes.com)

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“I think we play in the hardest division in the NFL,” Murray said. “We just have to get better, and it’s not going to get easier. Those teams are here to stay. I think it starts with me—me taking that next step and guys following my lead. We have a lot of areas I feel we need to get better and I think we’ll attack those in the offseason with free agency and stuff like that, so we’ll see.”

Arizona Cardinals Quarterback Kyler Murray Knows Taking Next Step ‘Starts With Me’ (forbes.com)

Louder for the critics in the back

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree. I’m a firm believer in fixing the offensive side of the ball completely. I understood the lure of Simmons, but by not picking OL or WR, it set our offense back at least a year, probably two. To add to the insanity, Simmons then rides the bench most of his rookie season:bang:

Not many teams would have had the luxury of passing on Simmons at #8.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The anti-Murray group on this board are still upset because they bought into keeping Rosen & drafting Bosa/Williams. They can't let it go that they were wrong, so they nit pick Murray. The kid is 23 & has all the tools to be great. Is he great RIGHT NOW? No. But, he's pretty damn good. I disagree with you in that his mechanics are poor. He has a short, quick release. And the ball explodes off his hand. You may be referring to the fact that he sometimes throws off his back foot. I don't necessarily see that as poor mechanics. Sometimes it's bad decision making, but not always. I recently listened to Dan Marino talk about how we will see QB's more and more capable of doing that. And that was a positive in his book. Mahomes does it all the time, as does Watson. Super mobile QB's with big arms add that capability to their arsenal. I'm not a huge fan of our horizontal passes, but that's more on KK, our weak interior OL & our weak WR group than it is on Murray. I want to see Murray push the ball more down the field. That's what I'll be looking for more in year 3 & beyond. With better interior protection & more offensive weapons, I have no doubt it'll happen.
I will add this. How much better would KM have been if he had a better interior OL & a true #2 WR in 2020? I'm gonna say quite a bit better. Who's fault is that? SK is in charge of the personnel so..............lol. Sure, there's things he can improve on just like any QB but at his size the interior OL is very important. The thing I worry about the most with KM is batted passes at the LOS.

The6

All Star
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

surprised this one wasn't the headline, considering what happen last time he was on the DP show, lol
Maybe it's the Arizona media he doesn't like lol. Seemed happy doing this interview.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I will add this. How much better would KM have been if he had a better interior OL & a true #2 WR in 2020? I'm gonna say quite a bit better. Who's fault is that? SK is in charge of the personnel so..............lol. Sure, there's things he can improve on just like any QB but at his size the interior OL is very important. The thing I worry about the most with KM is batted passes at the LOS.
Agree with your points. A weak interior OL is kryptonite to a mobile QB like Murray. Exactly why we struggle so much against a team like the Rams that can supply so much pressure up the middle. We will continue to struggle against them until we fix our interior OL. As you said, we also need a bonafide WR2. That position disgusted me last year. I thought they were a lackadaisical group that ran poor routes, quit on routes, or flat out ran the wrong routes. A new WR coach hopefully will help too. IMO, they can only resurrect Kirk's career if they play him in the slot. Hate to say this, but Fitz has to either retire or be relegated to back up. Bottom line, Kirk cannot play on the outside. I'm hoping the new WR coach can either further develop Johnson & Isabella or make the decision to send them packing. Time will tell with both of them.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Agree with your points. A weak interior OL is kryptonite to a mobile QB like Murray. Exactly why we struggle so much against a team like the Rams that can supply so much pressure up the middle. We will continue to struggle against them until we fix our interior OL. As you said, we also need a bonafide WR2. That position disgusted me last year. I thought they were a lackadaisical group that ran poor routes, quit on routes, or flat out ran the wrong routes. A new WR coach hopefully will help too. IMO, they can only resurrect Kirk's career if they play him in the slot. Hate to say this, but Fitz has to either retire or be relegated to back up. Bottom line, Kirk cannot play on the outside. I'm hoping the new WR coach can either further develop Johnson & Isabella or make the decision to send them packing. Time will tell with both of them.
1. Let Jerry Sullivan pick a WR in the draft or pick which one to sign in FA.

2. Hopefully Shawn Jefferson lights a fire underneath the asses of Johnson & Isabella? He was an NFL WR for like 12 years I believe so the man knows what he's doing I'm sure.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
1. Let Jerry Sullivan pick a WR in the draft or pick which one to sign in FA.

2. Hopefully Shawn Jefferson lights a fire underneath the asses of Johnson & Isabella? He was an NFL WR for like 12 years I believe so the man knows what he's doing I'm sure.
I agree 100% with both points. I really like the Jefferson hire. He will bring some much needed intensity to that WR group. Hiring him was akin to signing Watt. Kudos to Keim for realizing that last year's team literally had ZERO players or coaches that brought the level of leadership necessary to win consistently. I truly believe that is why we saw such huge swings of play from this team. When they went into a funk, there was no one there to pull them out of it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose