JJ Watt signs with AZ

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guarantee this deal with have a stupid structure too so the next GM is paying for it when Keim is fired.

It's going to be something like $10m this year. $16m next year. $5m void 3rd year.

Don't get me wrong. The fanboy side of me is excited to watch JJ and CJ on either side. All rational parts of me say this is dumb.

Plus, it's the Cards. When we get excited about something it often disappoints. At this stage of my fandom I'd be more surprised by them both getting double digit sacks than I would by them both getting under 10.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Would you rather have JJ Watt or Hassan Reddick?

JJ Watt is such a more complete player. I'm cautiously optimistic about this.
wouldn't expect to pay either one of them 32 mil over 2 years.

hopefully there's more to come, but that eats up a large portion of our cap with a ton of free agents

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JJ watt will turn 32 in 3 weeks, suggs was 37and done
If he stays healthy he will drastically improve our defense
Let’s see how his 6 sacks and missing 8 games will help. We will hear all about leadership and community contributions. Maybe he can sell hotdogs when he’s on the inactive list.

Remember it was reported he wanted to go to NY, Buffalo or the Ravens. Guess what they told him? So he “ settles” for the Cardinals.

like I already said... goodbye Hasson and worse Linsley.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It just means that we will be using our draft capital on Murray, which fits better with his timeline anyway.

As @Chopper0080 has demonstrated on a number of occasions, the Cardinals can carve out quite a bit of cap space this year. All of the good teams do this nearly every season.

The Cardinals can still resign Reddick and probably also bring in a starting caliber center as well. What sucks is that CB might end up being a bargain basement position...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of meh on this. I have to see what Keim does after this. If you can bring back Reddick, then this front seven has some serious teeth.

there’s no way Reddick comes back, IMO. To give this amount of cash, in a cap strapped year across the league, to an aging and oft injured former superstar is mind boggling to me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose