I really like Javonte Williams at RB

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This dude could be a beast for us. He runs hard, but also has sneaky speed. He puts the ball in the endzone, and would bring a nastiness to our run game.

In an ideal world maybe we trade down, or acquire another 2nd rounder and nab him. I don't think he makes it to the 3rd round.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
This dude could be a beast for us. He runs hard, but also has sneaky speed. He puts the ball in the endzone, and would bring a nastiness to our run game.

In an ideal world maybe we trade down, or acquire another 2nd rounder and nab him. I don't think he makes it to the 3rd round.

Damn.

I know those are just highlights and doesn't show all of what he is, but it does show that dude runs angry. He'll knock down his own guys if they got in his way.

I love it.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He won’t make it to us in the second round.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
assuming the top two corners and top three WRs are gone by #16

i look at players at positions the Cards are interested in the #17 -#60 range and dont see a ton of difference.

if those guys are gone, im all in favor of trading down and racking up as many picks in that range as possible -- which would make grabbing a Javonte Williams easier while still addressing places on roster like CB and IOL where players are desperately needed

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not saying the kid isn't good, but outside of Clemson, ACC defenses are rather pathetic. A ton of missed tackles in that video. Not sure that will happen to the same extent in the NFL.

neojdc

Reaction score
I think we need to seriously consider Nagee Haris with our first round pick. I know we have more serious needs like CB but if our top targets are gone, I say take Najee! Murray and Nagee would be a serious problem. Hopefully he can block a little to.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think we need to seriously consider Nagee Haris with our first round pick. I know we have more serious needs like CB but if our top targets are gone, I say take Najee! Murray and Nagee would be a serious problem. Hopefully he can block a little to.
I love Harris, but just not certain we can afford to pick him when we have so many other holes. Let's see how FA goes.

OP
OP
A

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
we can't take a RB in the 1st....we just can't. That pick has to be a CB, Edge, WR, OLine...

Depending on how FA goes, we might be able to spend a late 2nd, or 3rd rounder on a rb. The ideal situation would be to find a great compliment to Chase in the 5th.

My pick is Kylin Hill from Miss State.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
One of my favorite players in this draft.

I honestly think that the Cardinals should prioritize taking a back this year.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He has super star potential, trading down and getting another second, if we get a lineman and him with the first 2 picks, I'm all for it

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I like the player. Without a better offensive line, he won't make the impact to justify the draft taken.

OP
OP
A

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Williams is a "power back" but hes really fast. There are a lot of those highlights where he just burns past guys. I like the fact that he runs through defenders, but I also really like that he just has a nose for the endzone. Seems like the kind of RB that brings an attitude to an offense.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Williams is a "power back" but hes really fast. There are a lot of those highlights where he just burns past guys. I like the fact that he runs through defenders, but I also really like that he just has a nose for the endzone. Seems like the kind of RB that brings an attitude to an offense.
Ricky Williams?

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Williams should be our top target in the 2nd round. That's exactly where he should go. He is similar in talent to Swift / Taylor/ Akers / Dobbins who all went in the 2nd round last year

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's really hard to judge IMO. Breaks a ton of tackles which is good, but the guy he split carries with gained MORE yards, in 1 less carry than Williams. Williams got the bulk of the TD runs so short yardage limits your YPC but point is they were a very good run team. Also he runs pretty upright, he's not tall so it's not as much of a problem as it is for say David JOhnson, but in the NFL guys who look for contact and run upright tend to have shorter careers.

he does seem to be one of those guys who just is hard to tackle, one story said he led the country in broken tackles and runs of 10 yards or more AFTER contact. That's impressive.

What I really didn't like about Drake was he didn't seem to get extra yards this last year anywhere near enough.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He's really hard to judge IMO. Breaks a ton of tackles which is good, but the guy he split carries with gained MORE yards, in 1 less carry than Williams. Williams got the bulk of the TD runs so short yardage limits your YPC but point is they were a very good run team. Also he runs pretty upright, he's not tall so it's not as much of a problem as it is for say David JOhnson, but in the NFL guys who look for contact and run upright tend to have shorter careers.

he does seem to be one of those guys who just is hard to tackle, one story said he led the country in broken tackles and runs of 10 yards or more AFTER contact. That's impressive.

What I really didn't like about Drake was he didn't seem to get extra yards this last year anywhere near enough.
His ability to break tackles is something the Cardinals are looking for. They are going to prioritize being able to run against the defensive fronts in our division when they run 2 high S looks. Same with adding a speed element across from Hopkins.

Being able to run against 6 in the box.

Being able to take advantage of teams doubling Hopkins.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
we def need to draft RB at some point in the lower rounds so I'm on board.