Suns @ Bulls Friday game thread 2-26-2021

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
These comments make you lose all credibility.

a) your first comments are ridiculous hyperbole.

b) your second comment is just a lie as cheese was cheering Ayton on as he emerged. I mean, they’re literally in this thread.

Ok whatever.

I’m just tired of the constant Ayton bashing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Good to see Ayton come alive in second half! Makes the difference in games like this.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns playing Ricky Rubio and the Timberwolves on Sunday.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heat beat the Jazz tonight. I see Dragic had 26 points off the bench.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are crazy. You are the one asking him to make every defensive rotation and never fumble a pass.

I’m sorry it sound like you are describing the best center in the league to me.

tonight he played a lot better than the 24 th best center, but it didn’t stop you from bitching about him all game.

he played that way in the SECOND HALF, when I consistently gave him credit. He didn’t in the first, which was why I was criticizing him because his lackluster play was one of the reasons we looked like crap.

He played a great second half and I consistently posted about how it was the difference between the first and second half.

but keep making inane arguments about how little we should expect of the first pick in the draft in his third year who’s loaded with potential and lying consistently about what I’ve said.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Ayton sealed this win during that 15 second stretch where he blocked someone down low and then closed out on Lavine at the 3 point line forcing a shot clock violation. I never worried after that trip.

same. That was a great set for him.

also, once we got over the hump and got a six point cushion, it felt like we had it on lock even with four minutes to go. You could just see the intensity and confidence was there and the Bulls started to shrink.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the 3:14 mark in the 3rd quarter the Suns trailed 63-77.

It almost looked like the wheels were about to come off but the Suns defense turned it around in the 4th quarter.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok whatever.

we’re tired of watching him loaf, which is what makes us bash him.

he did what we were screaming for in the second half (and what our announcers were) and what do you know? We won and we praised him for it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frank Kaminsky being Frank wearing Deandre Ayton's chain. :)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ok whatever.

You call it bashing, but for the most part we are talking about specific actions. That’s not bashing, that’s observing.

now in non-game day threads I can see it being considered bashing when discussing him generally. But in game day threads there are specific actions that people literally just saw on which they’re commenting.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
YES!!

big second half from Ayton on both ends of the court. That’s what we needed with our shooting AWOL.

Ayton can do this all game every game. Every. Single. Game.

But he simply doesn’t.

Ayton playing like a monster down low.

that is what is so maddening.

and if he did, we’d be legit title contenders.

Might be Ayton’s best quarter of the season.

all of this can be true at once!

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think Ayton sealed this win during that 15 second stretch where he blocked someone down low and then closed out on Lavine at the 3 point line forcing a shot clock violation. I never worried after that trip.

That play against Lavine was great. He couldn't even get the shot off and just took the violation.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That play against Lavine was great. He couldn't even get the shot off and just took the violation.

Yep, and Lavine is no slouch, he can get that shot off against almost anyone. And he clearly knew the clock was running out. He only got one block on that possession but the turnover he caused was even more impressive than the block.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But not a serious threat. I liked him too, but he's not a Sun anymore and he's having a terrible season on the worst team in the NBA. No fear of Ricky Rubio.

I'm not expecting Rubio to go off against the Suns but he had a couple of 25 point, 13 assist games against the Knicks and Bucks last season. He is capable of having an excellent game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA