The corona virus & The NBA. 20-21

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you think he might be out when the Suns play the Nets on the 16th?

Nah, that's not our luck. More likely, Durant will be back, followed by a stunning press release claiming that Kyrie Irving will actually be healthy for a game and ABA Dr J will teleport through time to fill out the roster for them. But we still beat them!:cool:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One of those must be Cam Johnson.

Not necessarily. Both Ben Simmons and Embiid are out for Covid protocols also and were forced to miss the All-Star game. Being out because of contact trading doesn't ensure a positive test. There are a few other players out right now due to the leagues covid protocols as well but I can't think of who off the top of my head.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Not necessarily. Both Ben Simmons and Embiid are out for Covid protocols also and were forced to miss the All-Star game. Being out because of contact trading doesn't ensure a positive test. There are a few other players out right now due to the leagues covid protocols as well but I can't think of who off the top of my head.
But weren’t they out before the 3rd?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
And Cam wasn't added to the health and safety protocols until the 4th.
Right, after they found out on the 3rd that he had Covid. The timing makes sense. Not saying he is one, but he is the only guy on the team, and if one of the Sixers is the other, it could mean the other needs to quarantine just because of proximity.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There needs to be some equity getting every NBA player vaccinated for COVID-19 soon.

Actually it should apply to the whole country as well.

Arizona dropped the age criteria into the teens today.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is the bigger plan to get all the players vaccinated.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This could impact fans who want to go to the games... the NBA linking vaccination records.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I wish they would tell us the number of players vaccinated at this point. I'm a little surprised they havent. I would guess most coaches have been vaccinated at this point since they're older and a lot of them are in the age range that are considered high risk for the virus.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson