The Market 2021

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oof. Sounds like we might have a blame the retail guy story again for msm if it skyrockets and tanks the market. Fascinating.

it should be happening tonight. This will be all over all social media and all tv/print. Retail bad guy is at it again even though stocks were halted to save the hedge funds. Tomorrow, I expect apes around the planet to start jumping on the rocket as it is lifting off with or without them. This has everything to do with retail traders seeing how shorted gamestop was. Squeezing shorts is lauded if a hedge does it, demonized if we do it. if we see ANY action like this in the first 15 minutes of the market, I am likely clocking out for the day and just watching the stock and setting limit lines all day to be able to sell as soon as it starts to crater.

My knowledge of how to position this is likely poor so my only hope is to sell on the upswing, without selling too early and definitely without selling too late. The only way I can think of that is for some random number examples: say it keeps mooning and its nearing 400, I could set a limit sale at 350 and keep raising it by 50 over and over while it is mooning. if it gets to 450, set it at 400. if at 500, set it at 450, etc.

The only thing with strategy is what if no one was buying as I sold? but that seems impossible as it would cause the stock to flatline if no one was buying the shares as it went down.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have no shame. Charlie Munger on tv said he thinks it's a dirty way to make money and we should not allow it. He was blaming the people like Robinhood for allowing "gamblers. People with a racetrack mentality" to do these short squeezes.
Why is it ok for rich people to do it all the time but when they suddenly realize THIS time they're the mark, it's dirty?

I hope you and others clean up tomorrow and Friday in GME but my fear is they will just keep halting the stock like they did before.
munger said the problem is the Clearinghouses have to clear all these trades and sometimes when it gets crazy that's not that easy to do. It's not the short squeezers making it crazy, it's all the short SELLERS trying to buy the stock so they can cover their short. THEY are the ones who took the gamble.

I really hope they don't get away with it a 2nd time, if by now people get caught in a short squeeze in GME, that's their fault.

I hope the stock doubles or triples tomorrow!!!!

hes in bed with those who run the market. All the talking heads can kick rocks. oh yeah, the mean ol gambler retail investor attacked the huge billion dollar gamble the hedge fund put on a company. such bad people. Regulations will happen, against us the retail trader and the hedges will go back to screwing retail traders all they can all the time while being lauded by the media.

The last time, robinhood got shut down and paused the moon. Most people have now left robinhood. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hes in bed with those who run the market. All the talking heads can kick rocks. oh yeah, the mean ol gambler retail investor attacked the huge billion dollar gamble the hedge fund put on a company. such bad people. Regulations will happen, against us the retail trader and the hedges will go back to screwing retail traders all they can all the time while being lauded by the media.

The last time, robinhood got shut down and paused the moon. Most people have now left robinhood. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Yep I hope you make a killing tomorrow.

My theory is the big boys assumed nobody in their right mind would try and stop their short again so they thought it was safe to short the hell out of it, and some of them are now mad the squeeze happened again.

I don't get how a short squeeze is "dirty" but rich people getting together to short a stock is ok. It's just because Munger is rich that he sees it that way.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep I hope you make a killing tomorrow.

My theory is the big boys assumed nobody in their right mind would try and stop their short again so they thought it was safe to short the hell out of it, and some of them are now mad the squeeze happened again.

I don't get how a short squeeze is "dirty" but rich people getting together to short a stock is ok. It's just because Munger is rich that he sees it that way.

The short interest is down to 42%.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
it should be happening tonight. This will be all over all social media and all tv/print. Retail bad guy is at it again even though stocks were halted to save the hedge funds. Tomorrow, I expect apes around the planet to start jumping on the rocket as it is lifting off with or without them. This has everything to do with retail traders seeing how shorted gamestop was. Squeezing shorts is lauded if a hedge does it, demonized if we do it. if we see ANY action like this in the first 15 minutes of the market, I am likely clocking out for the day and just watching the stock and setting limit lines all day to be able to sell as soon as it starts to crater.

My knowledge of how to position this is likely poor so my only hope is to sell on the upswing, without selling too early and definitely without selling too late. The only way I can think of that is for some random number examples: say it keeps mooning and its nearing 400, I could set a limit sale at 350 and keep raising it by 50 over and over while it is mooning. if it gets to 450, set it at 400. if at 500, set it at 450, etc.

The only thing with strategy is what if no one was buying as I sold? but that seems impossible as it would cause the stock to flatline if no one was buying the shares as it went down.

I'll probably do something similar but I'd mainly just like to see mine get out of the red. I had only bought 5 shares when the previous madness was going on and was a little high prices at about $240. Heck, if we even get close to that I'm going to view it as a bonus since I had been thinking it was never going to bounce and I'd end up seeing in like the $20 range somewhere down the line.

CCIV is other other one I'd like to see bounce back a bit. I really think people overreacted on it. It's not worth what it was at the peak last week but I think it's a little higher than what it's at now. I'm still up decently since I bought back near the start of January when I first mentioned it. I'm also looking to hold it long term since I like Lucid. So I'm not super worried about the current price but it's still nice to see bigger green numbers. :)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll probably do something similar but I'd mainly just like to see mine get out of the red. I had only bought 5 shares when the previous madness was going on and was a little high prices at about $240. Heck, if we even get close to that I'm going to view it as a bonus since I had been thinking it was never going to bounce and I'd end up seeing in like the $20 range somewhere down the line.

CCIV is other other one I'd like to see bounce back a bit. I really think people overreacted on it. It's not worth what it was at the peak last week but I think it's a little higher than what it's at now. I'm still up decently since I bought back near the start of January when I first mentioned it. I'm also looking to hold it long term since I like Lucid. So I'm not super worried about the current price but it's still nice to see bigger green numbers. :)
I had some of that bag holder stock too and I averaged down a little after dfv doubled down around 45 following the congressional hearings. Very happy I did, obviously.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

People around here already know me and my conspiracy ways...but I found it very interesting when looking through my stockcharts strong relative strength list that based on almost 1750 stocks in the small cap space, gme at the time was one of the strongest! Not weakest...but strongest stocks based on relative strength within small caps. I can not for the life of me see how a hedge fund or two with the millions/billions under management would be short so massively with this type of internal strength. This stock was being accumulated on a massive scale and to think these guys just sat on their hands and did nothing just seems way too far fetched for me. Now we are sitting at LONG term support on gme and we get a huge bounce with potential follow through. Just garden variety chart and stock behavior. Anywho, rant over... Just needed to get that one off my chest. Lol

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regarding GME: I had diamond hands during the lows and bought a bit more during the dip so this little run today was cool to witness. Love seeing some fun money turn into “Hey, I can get new flooring now money.” Hope it continues, worth the price of admission for sure.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hedges selling off stocks all over to fight back on GME. Markets down all over the place

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ive set a stop sale at a 25% loss of my investment. would take a big dip to get there but protects me and bring me back to the original gamble I wanted to make. Its been hovering at 50% increase all day. Once that jumps to 80-100%, my stop points will start increasing with it over and over.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won't be surprised if it gets to 160, it suddenly rockets to 180/200 almost right away

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TSLA broke 700 resistance. My charts show it should be about 650 as far as its trendline. Hoping it continues to drop so I can get in more. I am hyper bullish on TSLA.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
180 didn hang long enough to execute a kicker, or one wasnt there. Target for takeoff 185/190. Explosions at 200.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most major movie theater chains at about $20 a share last I saw while AMC still way down. I'm in to $20 minimum, have been for a while.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when GME hit 180, clawed back down into 160s and at the same time, TSLA, BA, AAL and my S&P watching all went down significantly more at the same time.

Attempting to edit moving forward. sorry for spamming. I'm excited. News changes fast.

Sorry to all holding their normal, conservative stocks but just remember they will be right back. This is temporary. Well, depending on the stock LOL

My AAL sell target is 28. been hovering 17-22 for a while. in the 20s now. good time to get in JMO

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose