Insane Trade Article for Allen Robinson

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm sorry, Bleacher Report, but this is just plain dumb. They propose that, even though Allen Robinson is a free agent, we do a sign and trade deal with Chicago and gift them this year's #1 and more. Like, say what? No. Just no.

https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2...ag-and-trade-for-chicago-bears-allen-robinson

What? This makes zero sense.

I mean yes, the Bears could tag him but nobody is traded that much for a WR on the tag that could walk away after a year. Apart from the fact that WR is in over supply every year and thus devalued why would any team that already has a WR1 pay $16.5m on the tag and risk losing them after a year AND give away a 1st, 3rd and 5th? Especially a team with so many holes.

Nuts, but then it is Bleacher Report.

That's similar to what the Bills paid for Diggs and he still had 3 years left on a nice friendly deal.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I do like Allen Robinson & he's the big target that I think the Cardinals need. But, I certainly wouldn't make THAT trade.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just to highlight how nuts this compensation is this is what other tag and trade players went for.

Landry netted a 4th and a 7th.
Clowney a 3rd and 2 JAGs
Dee Ford went for a 2nd coming off a Pro Bowl season
Ngakoue was a 2nd round pick

The only player to net a 1st was Frank Clark when the chicks traded him to the Chiefs during the draft but the Chiefs were already stacked and were just missing that last piece.

Hell, Bleacher are suggesting we give more for Robinson on the tag than we did for Nuk.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No way, sending a first for a next free agent, even if he is tagged the salary of him and Hopkins would be around 40mil
No chance
That money must be invested in the offensive line, i can consider Curtis Samuel for 10mil for year but some cuts and restructure must be done

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, let’s trade 3 picks for a Wr that will add to our cap woes in a year where the cap is being reduced.
Truly an off season “ I need to write something” article.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Seth Cox is a tool. Not surprised he regurgitated this nonsense

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose