Paul: All-Star; no Book

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping Devin gets in as a reserve if someone doesn't participate. It would be awesome to have two Suns as All-Stars.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are the All-Star reserve selections.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Has to be front court player

Do you have a source on that? I know Gambo tweeted someone told him that, but I hadn't heard it before.

I know different positions have been allowed in the past. Did they change it?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk Pro

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be ironic if Chris Paul decides to not play in the All-Star game and Devin Booker gets a berth as Paul's replacement.

Devin Booker replaced Damian Lillard in 2020.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul will be on the TNT postgame show tonight. I hope he has a comment or two.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sort of good news.

The NBA Commissioner will select the replacement and it does not have to be by position.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sort of good news.

The NBA Commissioner will select the replacement and it does not have to be by position.

it's ridiculous if Booker isn't the replacement. We're... I can't believe I get to type this... one of the best teams in the league and since a somewhat slow start, he has been flat out Danger-Will-Robinson for opposing defenses the last 15 games or so. He's made buzzer beaters to win on the road, come up HUGE in showdown games against the Sixers and Dame.

Zion is a high flying scoring machine... averaging the same amount of points as Booker and 2 rebounds more... as a PF, on a woefully mediocre team. He didn't deserve to get in over Book. That's a flat out snub.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be an heroic moment

This wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I hope it doesn't come to that. Devin Booker deserves to be an All-Star on his own merit.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok, I know this isn't the popular view - but I think the coaches made the right choices.

Yes Booker should make it as AD's replacement, but if we are keeping it to twelve I think they got the right 12.

People are mad about Zion making it - but let's be real - Zion is the young face of the league - and he has better stats than Booker. He was a lock.

To me the only legit argument for Book being in the top twelve is either for Mitchell or Paul. Since Utah has the better record they probably deserve two players more than us, and Mitchell and Book's stats this year are almost identical - so I understand that pick.

With regards to Paul it is a close call, but honestly I would pick Paul over Booker also just from what he has done from a leadership position, and quite frankly Paul has been more clutch.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose