Suns @ Pelicans Friday game thread 2-19-2021

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe so but Booker was at 23 for a long time.

I'll have to see when I re-watch. I remember a layup and free throw late (around the 2 minute mark) and another layup a few minutes earlier but maybe I'm wrong on that one.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It seems like mikal cam and Jae are never all playing well on the same night.

I like that Monty is now just riding the hottest of the bunch in the fourth lately.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns held Pelican to 12 points in 4th quarter.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll have to see when I re-watch. I remember a layup and free throw late (around the 2 minute mark) and another layup a few minutes earlier but maybe I'm wrong on that one.

I'm not going to dispute a couple of points. Booker was mostly quiet in the Suns comeback.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to dispute a couple of points. Booker was mostly quiet in the Suns comeback.

Agreed, he was on the bench for that impressive second run until it became a 9 or 11 point lead. He did have an impact though when we stretched it to 19.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed, he was on the bench for that impressive second run until it became a 9 or 11 point lead. He did have an impact though when we stretched it to 19.

This is when the Suns started their amazing run, with Booker on the bench.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is when the Suns started their amazing run, with Booker on the bench.

the reason for this is the ball movement is way better with booker out of the game - but that only works better when we are hitting our threes.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got on a call with a friend with us down 7 in the 2nd and we just looked listless and was afraid we were on our way to blowout city. Finally got off the call at the end of the game and was STUNNED to see the score and then blown away to see the 4th quarter numbers.

wow.

great get back game to stop the bleeding and wash out the terrible taste in our mouths from the other night. Let’s get another manana!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the reason for this is the ball movement is way better with booker out of the game - but that only works better when we are hitting our threes.

It's no reflection on Booker but sometimes teams play better without key players being on the floor.

Portland is an example.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got on a call with a friend with us down 7 in the 2nd and we just looked listless and was afraid we were on our way to blowout city. Finally got off the call at the end of the game and was STUNNED to see the score and then blown away to see the 4th quarter numbers.

wow.

great get back game to stop the bleeding and wash out the terrible taste in our mouths from the other night. Let’s get another manana!

Chaplin mentioned it. It was kind of like the Nets game in reverse. This time the momentum swung the Suns way.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was nice way to purge the Nets game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what Chris Paul was saying after making a huge shot... "I know this place!"

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is amazing. I would have thought there were bigger comebacks but the Suns will take it.

There have been bigger comebacks, it's the comeback plus the margin of victory that makes it unusual.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nice to see us lay some history on another team for a change!

I didn’t see the game, but just reading this and looking at the box score, it becomes clearer everyday to me that CP3 is the guy who belongs on the All-Star team to represent us this season. This team would still be middling to lost without him.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
I didn't get to see (stupid fox sports az) but lonzo looked pretty good in the highlights. It wasn't long ago that there were rumors that he was available for trade.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score

I didn’t see the game, but just reading this and looking at the box score, it becomes clearer everyday to me that CP3 is the guy who belongs on the All-Star team to represent us this season. This team would still be middling to lost without him.

It is crazy to me that he is 35 and this effective

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't get to see (stupid fox sports az) but lonzo looked pretty good in the highlights. It wasn't long ago that there were rumors that he was available for trade.

yeah, Lonzo has become a pretty effective 3 and D player.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

It’s just insane how much we won the cp3 trade for this team’s needs. We haven’t had a truly excellent pg for so long I’d forgotten how good they can be.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose