MCU: WandaVision (Disney+)

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
My theory:

Instead of famously saying, “No more mutants,” she is going to say, “No more miracles.” This is what she and her brother were called by Hydra. And that phrase will turn the House of M moment on its head, giving rise to mutants, rather than wiping them out.

Also, it shows that “Dead is Dead” in the MCU outside of a dusting related to the Snap and the Infinity Stones. She can’t bring back her version of her brother, who died from gunshot wounds. So she reached across the Multiverse and grabbed one still in existence. That also foreshadows that she can’t really bring back her version of Vision outside of reanimating him inside of Westview.

There's a fan theory that speculates that what's happening to Monica is that her X-genes are being activated by Wanda's Hex and that the end of the show is her Hex ends up encompassing the Earth, and this is how we end up getting Mutants in the MCU and also calls Dr. Strange into the picture and we up with the Multiverse of Madness.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My sister just said she hopes this show goes for multiple seasons

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
It doesn’t feel like a multi-season show, more of a bridge between phases 3 and 4.

Yeah, I read an article that said this is a limited series and it ends after next week’s episode. The story lines moving forward will be in the movies. I can’t find the article now.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I read an article that said this is a limited series and it ends after next week’s episode. The story lines moving forward will be in the movies. I can’t find the article now.

There are 2 episodes left, not just 1. It was originally going to be 8 episodes but they expanded it to 9.

Town Drunk

Reaction score
There are 2 episodes left, not just 1. It was originally going to be 8 episodes but they expanded it to 9.

Gotcha. Regardless, it sounds like it’s a one and done in terms of a series.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are rumors that there is a “secret” episode 10. Not sure if true and what the point is.

I've heard that also. Disney came out and said they have a making of documentary that will air the week after WandaVision is done and before Falcon and the Winter Soldier starts. That one week gap let a lot of rumors percolate. Now that something has been announced to air there though, I think the secret episode is unlikely.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, no Reed Richards as the aeronautical engineer (as some has thought/hoped) and Agnes is at least one big bad. I LOVE Monica Rambeau getting her powers and can't wait to see what she can do. Great character, great acting.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, no Reed Richards as the aeronautical engineer (as some has thought/hoped) and Agnes is at least one big bad. I LOVE Monica Rambeau getting her powers and can't wait to see what she can do. Great character, great acting.

They didn't show who the aeronautical engineer. So all possibilities are still open.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess you're right. I thought the lady was the contact but I guess not.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Episode 8 has a post credit scene. So that's 2 weeks in a row with those.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Episode 8 has a post credit scene. So that's 2 weeks in a row with those.

I read somewhere that the reason there weren't post credits scenes until last episode is because the time frames finally caught up to when Marvel started using them in the movies (2000-2010).

A lot happened in ep 8, but not a lot happened either. I hope the last episode is a supersized one because there is a LOT to take care of.

Town Drunk

Reaction score
Kevin Feige confirms no season two, as Wanda will appear next in the upcoming Doctor Strange movie.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unlike FatWS, WandaVision feels more like a one-off phase. It's a transition series into the next series. I'm okay with that. Often, like with Queen's Gambit, another season isn't needed (or should even happen).

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that the reason there weren't post credits scenes until last episode is because the time frames finally caught up to when Marvel started using them in the movies (2000-2010).

A lot happened in ep 8, but not a lot happened either. I hope the last episode is a supersized one because there is a LOT to take care of.

I read that also and I think that's kind of weak. Ferris Bueller had a post credit scene in the 80s and I'm sure there are others. While I know that's not Marvel, Marvel didn't produce their own content before Iron Man 1. Just sounds off. initially the show was supposes to be 8 episodes so episodes 7 and 8 having post credit scenes would be more that the finale was being teased in an additional way. They added episode 9 really late, I want to say the episode count was changed after it premiered so they didn't rework the end credit scenes they did.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I read that also and I think that's kind of weak. Ferris Bueller had a post credit scene in the 80s and I'm sure there are others. While I know that's not Marvel, Marvel didn't produce their own content before Iron Man 1. Just sounds off. initially the show was supposes to be 8 episodes so episodes 7 and 8 having post credit scenes would be more that the finale was being teased in an additional way. They added episode 9 really late, I want to say the episode count was changed after it premiered so they didn't rework the end credit scenes they did.
Are you really complaining about the lack of end credit scenes?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda Underwhelming penultimate episode.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you really complaining about the lack of end credit scenes?

No just how this is supposedly an additional Easter egg of sorts. It seems really flimsy.

But I will say the length of the credits is too long. At least now I know but seeing there was like 8 minutes of credit without any sort of post credit scene in the first couple episodes was disappointing.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
No just how this is supposedly an additional Easter egg of sorts. It seems really flimsy.

But I will say the length of the credits is too long. At least now I know but seeing there was like 8 minutes of credit without any sort of post credit scene in the first couple episodes was disappointing.
I agree with that. 10 minute end credits are crazy on television.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose