Arizona Cardinals off season news Jan 25-Feb 25, 2021

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Lol, what an article, Kirk is at best a fourth receiver and Isabella being inactive the second part of the season
Both were good selections made the GM, just the former receivers coach couldnt turn them into very good players

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol, what an article, Kirk is at best a fourth receiver and Isabella being inactive the second part of the season
Both were good selections made the GM, just the former receivers coach couldnt turn them into very good players

was Isabella really a 2nd round pick? good lord, that's awful.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our superbowl is when he says is coming back

I think it's time he hung them up.

I still think he has 800 yards a season in him, sadly we just don't use him right, or more accurately the scheme limits him a great deal.

With that in mind he's just not worth the $11.5m he's been getting paid and I wouldn't want to insult him by offering him $5m, nor can we afford to burn $5m on a guy that would be TE3/WR4 and offering 400-500 yards tops.

You could probably get that from Keeshawn for 600k.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it's time he hung them up.

I still think he has 800 yards a season in him, sadly we just don't use him right, or more accurately the scheme limits him a great deal.

With that in mind he's just not worth the $11.5m he's been getting paid and I wouldn't want to insult him by offering him $5m, nor can we afford to burn $5m on a guy that would be TE3/WR4 and offering 400-500 yards tops.

You could probably get that from Keeshawn for 600k.

As a big fan of him I have to say he doesn't have anything left, there was a play last season when he ran a curl route near the end zone and he tried to run around the defender, was painful to watch, slow like if he was wearing ski boots

Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Is this Mike B putting Keim and Klif on notice?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
one team employee is seeing it that way......

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
that quote out of Mike might be the biggest positive news for the Cards in a while.... he's showing his edge and competitive spirit. thats gotta be worth something in the long run and we've probably already seen that effect the Win/Loss column in his time leading the ship.

I think we get a superbowl under Mikes direction. hopefully within the next decade because I think we can do it with K1. not sure about the coaching staff and GM though.

fortunately Michael has shown his patience is limited (quickly moving from Wilkes disaster plus these comments about GM and Coach on hot seat).

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
that quote out of Mike might be the biggest positive news for the Cards in a while.... he's showing his edge and competitive spirit. thats gotta be worth something in the long run and we've probably already seen that effect the Win/Loss column in his time leading the ship.

I think we get a superbowl under Mikes direction. hopefully within the next decade because I think we can do it with K1. not sure about the coaching staff and GM though.

fortunately Michael has shown his patience is limited (quickly moving from Wilkes disaster plus these comments about GM and Coach on hot seat).

Live in fairyland, eh? He's always been the rah rah guy that says he wants to win. I don't give a good GD what the owner says; it's what he does that counts. He didn't do anything near what he needed to heading into the offseason, IMO, so these are empty words.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I disagree. I don't want my Owner this involved. Rarely ends well for the franchise.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
was Isabella really a 2nd round pick? good lord, that's awful.

Dont forget they passed on Metcalf, to take Andy giving the Seahawks their best weapon the very next pick. When everyone on this board was screaming for Metcalf at that pick.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dont forget they passed on Metcalf, to take Andy giving the Seahawks their best weapon the very next pick. When everyone on this board was screaming for Metcalf at that pick.

I’m sure loads of fan forums were screaming for metcalf in the 2nd from all 32 teams

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I’m sure loads of fan forums were screaming for metcalf in the 2nd from all 32 teams

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...harry-andy-isabella/xmdk62ctv5p11l7h5vgbxzbu9

Yeah but how may were targeting a WR and how many took a WR, Cards wanted Harry, but Murphy fell to them. So they were after a WR and took Andy at 62, they took Johnson and Butler.

Not only did they reach and take a bust, they left their division rival to snag Metcalf. So this draft blunder was huge compared to all teams who passed on him., the Cards screwed up bad!

• Round: 2
  • Overall pick: 62
  • College: UMass
  • Team: Cardinals
At 5-10 but with blazing speed, Isabella was nearly unguardable in small-conference football at UMass. It does seem silly to compare him to Metcalf now that they've both stepped on NFL fields, though.

A 4.31-second 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine likely boosted Isabella's stock heading into draft day, and with Arizona having picked Kyler Murray first overall in this draft, it made sense to try and nab a wide receiver. The Cardinals just may have drafted a situational one instead of an every-down threat.

Last edited:

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I disagree. I don't want my Owner this involved. Rarely ends well for the franchise.

Mike Bidwill is not some hedge fund billionaire who bought himself a toy.

This has always been the family business with the vagaries that ensue.

Did you actually think that the Kraft's, the Rooney's, Mara/Tisch, etc., etc., don't involve themselves in their respective football operations, aren't briefed regularly, aren't the final word?

The GM serves at the owner's pleasure and an astute one always makes sure that he has a buy-in from the guy who signs the cheques.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Mike Bidwill is not some hedge fund billionaire who bought himself a toy.

This has always been the family business with the vagaries that ensue.

Did you actually think that the Kraft's, the Rooney's, Mara/Tisch, etc., etc., don't involve themselves in their respective football operations, aren't briefed regularly, aren't the final word?

The GM serves at the owner's pleasure and an astute one always makes sure that he has a buy-in from the guy who signs the cheques.

That may work fine for the Krafts an Rooneys; the Cowboys have had huge problems with it. Mikey B went out there and landed us our worst coach ever. I'd love for him to appoint a real GM, sit back, and keep his nose out of football operations.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA