Haason Reddick Sweepstakes

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
He can’t improve from his.....rookie year? The same year where a majority of plays were still at ILB? You serious with this rebuttal?
I never said he can't improve. I was just bringing up that he's had some opportunities at the position.

I'm not anti-Reddick, just approaching this with a level of caution. Some posters seem willing to give him the top OLB deal of the offseason.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I never said he can't improve. I was just bringing up that he's had some opportunities at the position.

I'm not anti-Reddick, just approaching this with a level of caution. Some posters seem willing to give him the top OLB deal of the offseason.

As u said he is a one year wonder, signing him long term could be something to regret maybe
The tag is too costly, but u pay him just 1 year and wouldn't affect the cap in the future if he won't produce
Plus with tag he will be free agent next year and the Cardinals could benefit from a compensatory pick, since they can't this year cause they didn't exercise the fifth year option

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't get it. Reddick had a really nice quarter of a season in 2020. Four games. Over half of his sacks (7.5 of 12.5), all of his fumble recoveries (6) nearly half of his QB hits (7 of 16) came in his last four games, a nice stretch of play but hardly an entire season of above average play. As I recall Drake had a nice half a season in 2019 and everyone was wanting to tag him so he wouldn't get away and now he is suddenly easily replaceable.

Yup and 8 of his sacks came against a garbage Cowboys O line, a garbage Eagles O line and a garbage Giants O line.

Giants ranked 31st, Cowboys 27th. Eagles ranked 18th but it really depended when you got them and we got them with Mailata and Pryor at tackle.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Very rational take. This guy has been dead weight on our roster for four years and then has a nice stretch, and we overreact like he's a clear cut star NFL player.

This.

In fact even as late as game 12 nobody wanted Reddick. He had 5 sacks through 12 games. Hadn't had a sack or QB Hit in 5.

Then he blows up Thomas and Peart for the Giants and we gotta sign him.

For what it's worth I want to sign him but the tag at $14.5m is out of the question (in fact I think the tag will be rarely used this year).

I'd want to sign him for about $8m, I think thats his value although I accept you don't get value in FA.

I think his market is in the $10-$11m range. With the right deal structure with a reasonable out after a couple of years I can live with that.

If someone wants to take the gamble that he's found his niche and pay him more, well I'm ok with that too.

Last edited:

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We rolled the dice not picking up his 5th year option and we got burned. I understand why we didn't pick it up, he has been playing out of position for 4 years and his lack of performance showed. Now some of his sacks were against some poor O-lines and that needs to be taken into consideration. I would hope we could sign him for a reasonable price. But, if we can't, why not throw the transition tag and see if he has arrived or not? If Chandler is back and back to form, our pass rush can be lethal.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
As u said he is a one year wonder, signing him long term could be something to regret maybe
The tag is too costly, but u pay him just 1 year and wouldn't affect the cap in the future if he won't produce
Plus with tag he will be free agent next year and the Cardinals could benefit from a compensatory pick, since they can't this year cause they didn't exercise the fifth year option

The conundrum with this if you tag him to see if he's the real deal and in doing so, you severely limited your options and cap space in free agency. If Fitz decides to come back you know Bidwil will throw money at him too squeezing the cap space even further. If you take this path then don't expect to see any appreciable improvement in the team. All you can expect is to see the team sign some aging one year contracts.

If you tag Reddick then PP is as good as gone because you can't afford both. I personally don't have a problem letting PP walk however you now have a hole to fill and limited financial resources to fill them.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
As much as we all may prefer Reddick on the transition tag, as many point out, it would be very cost prohibitive when it comes to signing other top-end players. Sad to say though, I do expect Keim to use his Devondre Campbell contract to enable him to make more moves than he otherwise could.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As much as we all may prefer Reddick on the transition tag, as many point out, it would be very cost prohibitive when it comes to signing other top-end players. Sad to say though, I do expect Keim to use his Devondre Campbell contract to enable him to make more moves than he otherwise could.

How so? We are only have enough to sign one higher end player as it is. Maybe 2 of the Cards are cold and let PP and Fitz walk.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
How so? We are only have enough to sign one higher end player as it is. Maybe 2 of the Cards are cold and let PP and Fitz walk.
Keim is going to rework a ton of contracts to open up space. The problem is that one year deals lack the ability to spread out the hit. So where you could offer Reddick, 5yrs 55mil with a 25 mil bonus, his hit would likley be the vet min base and 5 mil of the bonus paid. Essentailly a 6 mil cap hit vs 13 for the trans tag. That 7 mil gap is going to matter.

The other scary part about the trans tag is if no other offers come in. In that situation, Reddick likely signs the tag to try and bump his value even further for next off-season where the cap is likely better. Seems better to just offer our max and let him see if he can find a better offer.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keim is going to rework a ton of contracts to open up space. The problem is that one year deals lack the ability to spread out the hit. So where you could offer Reddick, 5yrs 55mil with a 25 mil bonus, his hit would likley be the vet min base and 5 mil of the bonus paid. Essentailly a 6 mil cap hit vs 13 for the trans tag. That 7 mil gap is going to matter.

The other scary part about the trans tag is if no other offers come in. In that situation, Reddick likely signs the tag to try and bump his value even further for next off-season where the cap is likely better. Seems better to just offer our max and let him see if he can find a better offer.

I don't think that he will maybe outside of Jones. Most of the other core players are signed for more than a year, don't deserve a rework, or are already free agents.

Also, if we transition tag him and no offers come in, we will have saved money vs the franchise tag...

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

A 3 year 30-35 Mio deal or 4 year 40-48 Mio deal would be okay if you structure it well, we should have only a 6-7 mio hit and with the release of Alford we would have still around 12 mio free maybe even 13

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't think that he will maybe outside of Jones. Most of the other core players are signed for more than a year, don't deserve a rework, or are already free agents.

Also, if we transition tag him and no offers come in, we will have saved money vs the franchise tag...
This season is postseason or fired for Keim. He is going to empty the clip. Any way to open up salary and be able to stack this roster, he is going to do. It has nothing to do with what a player deserves, and everything to do with adding the ability to acquire talent.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This season is postseason or fired for Keim. He is going to empty the clip. Any way to open up salary and be able to stack this roster, he is going to do. It has nothing to do with what a player deserves, and everything to do with adding the ability to acquire talent.

I am still not convinced that is the case. If he was on that hot of a seat, I think we would have known about it by now. I think Keim, barring another 4-12 season, he stays at least 2 years.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Resign him to a good deal sure he had 1 very monster gm but decent lbers hard to find....

Definitely hope cards add lber debth in draft

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose