Haason Reddick Sweepstakes

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As it seems a popular subject at the moment I thought I'd ask how much you think Reddick will get in FA and which team he will land with.

The prize is the amazement and respect of your peers.

I'll go first.

Miami Dolphins for 3 years at $11.5m average.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
4 for 48 seems right.

But if he gets to free agency, my bet is 5 for 60mm (and maybe 80mm).

Hence plan a and b. Transition (A) or Franchise (B) Tag him.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
There’s some pretty good, more successful pass rushers potentially on the market, like Shaq Barrett.

Reddicks market may not be as hot as people think because he hasn’t done it at a high level very often.

For example, I’m taking Bud Dupree off a knee injury over Reddick.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s some pretty good, more successful pass rushers potentially on the market, like Shaq Barrett.

Reddicks market may not be as hot as people think because he hasn’t done it at a high level very often.

For example, I’m taking Bud Dupree off a knee injury over Reddick.

you think Barrett hits the open market? Do the Bucs not have the franchise tag?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I think Barrett is a lock for the Franchise tag if he doesn't get paid.

And Dupree sucks IMO. Not sure I would pay that kid.

edit: sucks may be harsh. Overrated in that defense? yes IMO.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Not sure if Bucs will tag Barrett. He’ll be expensive.

I think Dupree was pretty damn good and their defense went in the tank once he went down. I like Dupree(healthy) over TJ Watt everyday.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Barrett is a lock for the Franchise tag if he doesn't get paid.

And Dupree sucks IMO. Not sure I would pay that kid.

edit: sucks may be harsh. Overrated in that defense? yes IMO.
Reddick in his full 1st year at OLB surpassed any year of Dupree at sacks & QB hits. This was also without having a stud interior with Heyward, Tuitt, & Hargrave while also obviously having an great/near elite pass-rusher on the other side to take attention off him in Watt.

Dupree has improved the past couple of years, but he’s easily below Reddick.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing people continue to ignore with Reddick is that on top of 12.5 sacks, he also had 20 tackles for loss and I believe was amongst the league leaders in pressures.

if we balk at 11 per year, for 3 years, I think it’s a mistake.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I continue to contend that we need to tag him. All of this goes away, and we get to make him prove it again with (probably) fewer snaps.

If he does...... We pay him. The cap will be higher, and we will be in a bit better cap situation. I'm guessing Hicks goes next offseason unless something changes.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One thing people continue to ignore with Reddick is that on top of 12.5 sacks, he also had 20 tackles for loss and I believe was amongst the league leaders in pressures.

This was also without having stud DTs to work along side with

Not trying to take much away from Dupree, Shaq, & Floyd, but none of those guys can say that.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I also liked what he did in flat and wheel coverage.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I don't get it. Reddick had a really nice quarter of a season in 2020. Four games. Over half of his sacks (7.5 of 12.5), all of his fumble recoveries (6) nearly half of his QB hits (7 of 16) came in his last four games, a nice stretch of play but hardly an entire season of above average play. As I recall Drake had a nice half a season in 2019 and everyone was wanting to tag him so he wouldn't get away and now he is suddenly easily replaceable.

Waysouth

Veteran
Reaction score
A release of Jones who didn’t give us anything last year gives +$15 million in cap space. You can sign Reddick, Golden and Gardeck for this amount plus save your cap space for other areas.

Would you do it?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't get it. Reddick had a really nice quarter of a season in 2020. Four games. Over half of his sacks (7.5 of 12.5), all of his fumble recoveries (6) nearly half of his QB hits (7 of 16) came in his last four games, a nice stretch of play but hardly an entire season of above average play. As I recall Drake had a nice half a season in 2019 and everyone was wanting to tag him so he wouldn't get away and now he is suddenly easily replaceable.
Very rational take. This guy has been dead weight on our roster for four years and then has a nice stretch, and we overreact like he's a clear cut star NFL player.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A release of Jones who didn’t give us anything last year gives +$15 million in cap space. You can sign Reddick, Golden and Gardeck for this amount plus save your cap space for other areas.

Would you do it?

Of course not unless I wanted to completely rebuild.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Very rational take. This guy has been dead weight on our roster for four years and then has a nice stretch, and we overreact like he's a clear cut star NFL player.
Eh I don’t see a lot of people saying he’s a clear cut star. I think people are saying they want to lose him if the bulb suddenly went on for him. Hence a lot of people wanting to tag and see him prove it again.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What should we do then Solar

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh I don’t see a lot of people saying he’s a clear cut star. I think people are saying they want to lose him if the bulb suddenly went on for him. Hence a lot of people wanting to tag and see him prove it again.

this.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And what people are ignoring(or purposely missing) is that he got moved to a position he played at in college for a full season & guess what.....he thrived!

I would agree with others if he played OLB from the start & only now had a breakout year after years of mediocrity(like Bud Dupree), but no, 1st full year at OLB, he thrived.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
What should we do then Solar
Offer him a sub-$10 million per year deal with incentives and/or a large roster bonus next year.

And what people are ignoring(or purposely missing) is that he got moved to a position he played at in college for a full season & guess what.....he thrived!

I would agree with others if he played OLB from the start & only now had a breakout year after years of mediocrity(like Bud Dupree), but no, 1st full year at OLB, he thrived.
As was pointed out in another thread, he had an opportunity to split time with Kareem Martin at OLB in the past and wasn't very good.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Offer him a sub-$10 million per year deal with incentives and/or a large roster bonus next year.

As was pointed out in another thread, he had an opportunity to split time with Kareem Martin at OLB in the past and wasn't very good.
He can’t improve from his.....rookie year? The same year where a majority of plays were still at ILB? You serious with this rebuttal?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose