Nets @ Suns Tuesday game thread 2-16-2021

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
therein lies the issue. Some fans are okay with “fine”. Other fans want more and see the potential IS there for more, but they know the window is two years and unless Ayton reaches his potential, “fine” is all there will be.
Window? Just cause we had a great bubble did not give us a window....higher expectations...of course. This team has been a dumpster fire for 10yrs. I for one think we are playing out of our minds and have been great at D. This team had a bad half the last 7 home games. Team is playing good ball.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
One play Ayton caught a pass up high, dropped his hands and lost the ball. CP was yelling at him to keep the ball up high. Still not sold on this team long term. Coaching decisions leaves a lot to be desired at times

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Watching the “highlights” just now was a combo of nets 3s and a parade to layups on Ayton by harden, 133 year old Jeff green, and freaking joe Harris. In each Ayton stood flat footed and didn’t even try to defend.

1000%. I cannot believe what I just witnessed from Ayton. I cannot think of a time I witnessed a player turtle more than that. I cannot fathom how mentally soft he is. If he's going to do that in a regular season game, what is he going to do in the playoffs? I am just sick right now.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Window? Just cause we had a great bubble did not give us a window....higher expectations...of course. This team has been a dumpster fire for 10yrs. I for one think we are playing out of our minds and have been great at D. This team had a bad half the last 7 home games. Team is playing good ball.

The bubble didn’t do crap. CP3 gave us a window. If Ayton had actually taken a step forward on O and D, they’d be a title contender.

as is, they’re probably a playoff team, but likely one and done. They should and COULD be better regardless of what they’ve done the last ten years.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those who are trashing Ayton relentlessly, it shouldn’t be his primary responsibility to guard guys 30’ from the basket. If Monty thinks he needs to put Ayton on guys like Harden, that speaks incredibly low of Book’s and Bridges’s defense.

This happens regularly. Suns need to fix this glitch in the defense. No one stops the drive with Ayton up top.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We’ve blown two 24 point leads this year. Yuck Von Yuckenstein.

well, maybe they were getting to big for their britches and needed this. Last time they had a nice run and a game like this they totally crapped the bed for a couple weeks. Let’s see if they learned anything since then with a tough stretch coming up.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Why? Why did CP3 NOT shoot in the last two minutes?! He was the only one who’s nuts didn’t shrivel up in the fourth.

You seriously need to learn the word "whose." I know that we're all pissed about the game, including me, but this has been driving me crazy for years.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking we might see Frank Kaminsky or Dario Saric starting the next game. Small ball didn't cut it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You seriously need to learn the word "whose." I know that we're all pissed about the game, including me, but this has been driving me crazy for years.

it’s autocorrect. Jesus.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Lol. I love that’s what is driving you nuts at present.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Can we please stop talking about how this team is a playoff threat? They'll probably get there, and be unceremoniously dismissed in the first round by an opponent that knows how to take every quarter seriously. That will be an accomplishment, but let's not make fools of ourselves by pretending that the ceiling is anything more than that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Can we please stop talking about how this team is a playoff threat? They'll probably get there, and be unceremoniously dismissed in the first round by an opponent that knows how to take every quarter seriously. That will be an accomplishment, but let's not make fools of ourselves by pretending that the ceiling is anything more than that.
It will all depend if we are dropping 3s. I think we can make it out of a round if we are 4 or 5 seed.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
So Ayton sees a screen coming with them setting up to switch Harden onto Ayton and he stands there getting ready to switch rather than just going around that weak screen with plenty of space to stick with his man. This is the lack of effort we see every night from him.

You must be registered for see images attach

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
For those who are trashing Ayton relentlessly, it shouldn’t be his primary responsibility to guard guys 30’ from the basket. If Monty thinks he needs to put Ayton on guys like Harden, that speaks incredibly low of Book’s and Bridges’s defense.

Bull*hit. I've seen him move his feet. Ive seen him lock in defensively. We all have. He didn't even try. The other guys sucked, but at least they tried, died on their shield. Ayton froze, shrank, turtled. I know it when I see it, and I just saw it. At best it was stage fright, at worst it was cowardice. Without doubt, it was an uncommon display of mental weakness.

AzCards777

Rookie
Reaction score
Booker straight up disappeared in the 2nd half. That can't happen if he wants to get in the playoffs.

Also have to give credit to TJ, Harris, Green and Harden. They were fearless down the stretch unlike us. Clanks by Bridges, Crowder, and Booker :bang:

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Here's the 7 footer standing flatfooted with one hand up while he watches Harden taking a layup.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this pretty well covers everything the Suns didn't do in the second half.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? Your autocorrect rejects "whose" in favor of "who's"? If so, then I apologize.

my autocorrect cant even get the word “it” right as I.T constantly does THAT stupid crap that I haven’t been able to figure out how to change for years.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Bull*hit. I've seen him move his feet. Ive seen him lock in defensively. We all have. He didn't even try. The other guys sucked, but at least they tried, died on their shield. Ayton froze, shrank, turtled. I know it when I see it, and I just saw it. At best it was stage fright, at worst it was cowardice. Without doubt, it was an uncommon display of mental weakness.
I agree with this. I’ve seen Ayton put up better effort defending on the perimeter. Granted I think it was mostly last year. This year his perimeter defense has been reputation gained last year. This year it’s mostly not closing out and getting threes dropped in him regularly but tonight he was just a flat footed turnstile.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker straight up disappeared in the 2nd half. That can't happen if he wants to get in the playoffs.

Also have to give credit to TJ, Harris, Green and Harden. They were fearless down the stretch unlike us. Clanks by Bridges, Crowder, and Booker :bang:

Booker looked like he lost all of his confidence in the second half.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. We won’t. I think they treat Ayton with kid gloves bc his ego is fragile.

Suns seem to play better when they play big. I'm talking about playing Kaminsky or Saric alongside Ayton.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for someone to tell me why CP3 didn’t take a shot in the last two minutes after he was the only one hitting at crunch time.