Nets @ Suns Tuesday game thread 2-16-2021

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. That was pathetic.

And again, in playoff games where you go totally cold from three, you NEED that other gear to adjust your offense. We don’t have that because Ayton is a massive wuss on offense.

That’s why it’s not okay for him just to be a solid defensive C. If he was a DOMINANT defensive C, maybe it wouldn’t hurt as much. But he’s not and right now, his play is the difference between being a playoff pretender and a title contender.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
What happened to Cameron Johnson? He's become useless out there.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Terrible coaching letting momentum last for 20 minutes. That is earl Watson level there.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nets launched their comeback while Harden was sitting on the bench. He simply came into the game to finish the Suns off.

Chris Paul didn't get any help down the stretch.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Micro - Sucks be blew a big lead and lost to an undermanned Nets team

Macro - This won’t be handled lightly in the locker room. I expect this one to sting the players and coaches, with a renewed sense of focus moving forward.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol we actin like its game 3 of the WCF
Suns will be fine

therein lies the issue. Some fans are okay with “fine”. Other fans want more and see the potential IS there for more, but they know the window is two years and unless Ayton reaches his potential, “fine” is all there will be.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This team just has a historically special way of delivering a nut shot. It's remarkable. As good as I felt about the team after such a winning streak, they can wipe it all away in one game. Just like they did in the Detroit game. What an epic, brain dead, cowardly, charmin soft choke job. Simply remarkable.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton has had 9 free throw attempts in his last 6 games. NINE.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Micro - Sucks be blew a big lead and lost to an undermanned Nets team

Macro - This won’t be handled lightly in the locker room. I expect this one to sting the players and coaches, with a renewed sense of focus moving forward.
I hope you’re right. If someone doesn’t light into Ayton for (a) allowing anyone and everyone to waltz to the bucket in the second half; and (b) being outmuscled bu guards the whole fourth quarter it’s a wasted opportunity to let him know this effort isn’t allowed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don’t understand why CP3 stopped shooting in the last two minutes.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Largest second half comeback in Nets history. Largest blown first half lead in Suns history. This team is historically special at choking. We are witnessing greatness.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Figured it was around there. Big wuss.

How the hell does your starting CENTER take just 9 free throw attempts in 6 games? As soon as there's the slightest contact he probably just tosses it to his teammates because he's afraid to take on any responsibilities. Maybe he needs to get back on the PEDs.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns will have trouble righting the ship playing at the Pelicans on Friday and the Grizzlies on Saturday.

This game stings going into the weekend.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Watching the “highlights” just now was a combo of nets 3s and a parade to layups on Ayton by harden, 133 year old Jeff green, and freaking joe Harris. In each Ayton stood flat footed and didn’t even try to defend.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns will have trouble righting the ship playing at the Pelicans on Friday and the Grizzlies on Saturday.

This game stings going into the weekend.

we’ll see what they’re made of with the next three games.

Man... that was pathetic.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
For those who are trashing Ayton relentlessly, it shouldn’t be his primary responsibility to guard guys 30’ from the basket. If Monty thinks he needs to put Ayton on guys like Harden, that speaks incredibly low of Book’s and Bridges’s defense.