New Uniforms needed for the AZ Cardinals in 2021!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
what is a "shoulder panel"?
The red shoulder pads that we currently wear on the road. Just reminds me of what the Steelers wore in the 60's when they would win 2 games every year. I just don't like that look with any uniform.

Exactly. It is, by far, the worst feature of the uniform. Makes us look like an Arena team.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We've got some of the worst uniforms in the league. I've never been a fan of this look, especially the shoulder panels. Almost all the other teams who went that direction dumped em years ago and went retro (IE the Bills).

We are long over due for an update... or a roll back... anything really.

Well, I shouldn't say "anything", because the Jets got new uniforms and they're hilariously awful.

Phrazbit, I'm in complete agreement with you. The block styles are both ridiculous and hideous. Those blocked Bills unis were the worst in football. I'll say it time and time again. What is wrong with a regular stripe down the pants?! The Falcons got rid of theirs, thank goodness, now us, Denver and Carolina are the only teams who still rock that look. At least the Broncos and Panthers don't have all the little color swatches all over the place. Just us. I swear, if I didn't love my team so much and grown used to seeing them, I'd very likely say we have the worst in football.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
if I didn't love my team so much and grown used to seeing them, I'd very likely say we have the worst in football.

the current Cards unis regularly finish in the bottom 5

in 2008 I appreciated the updated look, and the new Cardinal on the helmet is a giant improvement

the problem back back then was that the Broncos and Falcons had beat them to the punch -- so their version looked like the Broncos unis in the Falcons colors

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
the current Cards unis regularly finish in the bottom 5

in 2008 I appreciated the updated look, and the new Cardinal on the helmet is a giant improvement

the problem back back then was that the Broncos and Falcons had beat them to the punch -- so their version looked like the Broncos unis in the Falcons colors

I'm not a huge fan of the Broncos unis. The pants stripe, while not appealing is at least a stripe. What the heck is that line that's on ours? LOL. I do love the bird, although I will always prefer the old one.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Get rid of the red pants, and get rid of the AZ flag on the sleeve. Instead of the flag, put the same mean version of the Cardinal bird on the sleeves. Can someone with that talent recreate that look using this pic? Pretty sure the bird on the sleeves look was in their latter days in St. Louis. Not sure if they ever wore them in AZ.
It was on the sleeve in Arizona until Boomer Esiason was signed best I can remember. They also changed the stripes on the pants at that time which I hated. It looked way better with the traditional 3 stripes on the pants like the St.Louis days.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
It was on the sleeve in Arizona until Boomer Esiason was signed best I can remember. They also changed the stripes on the pants at that time which I hated. It looked way better with the traditional 3 stripes on the pants like the St.Louis days.

Loved the stripes too, also i believe Boomer was a mid season trade?

*** I am wrong on Boomer, for some reason i have this memory ***

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All-Whites unis make the players look like ice cream vendors.

(Just a hunch, but I think the club is trending toward black & white for the base design).