Am I the only one not convinced by Trevor Lawrence?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nope don’t see it. All cannon and no touch in his arm.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think he has all the tools and can become a franchise qb. Jacksonville will need to build a good OL to protect him.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I thought Kellen Moore was going to be way better than Andrew luck, so... (seriously though, go look at his college numbers)

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You never know in the NFL. The kid has a big arm, but has to improve his touch on the short & intermediate throws. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't turn out to be very good to great.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You never know in the NFL. The kid has a big arm, but has to improve his touch on the short & intermediate throws. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't turn out to be very good to great.
This.
But I would be affraid that his ceiling is really Stafford or Matt Ryan (nothing against, not the tools to win it all).

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
His ceiling is Matt Stafford

Nah, Trevor Lawrence actually knows how to win a championship. Stafford is a perpetual almost champion for mental reasons, not physical. Lawrence won’t have that issue. Maybe other issues, but not that one.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It all depends on where he goes and situation he goes into. Remember its easy for top prospects to look good in college. They are picking the schools to fit their strengths and with the most talent. Now the situation is reverse where they go to the worst team at the professional level. Most times they don't have the talent surrounding them like in HS and college.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's my knock too. The odds are he'll be terrific but I don't see him making touch throws he just throws it hard most of the time.

Scouts insist he can, that at Clemson he was just picking which wide open guy to hit so he never had to show the touch.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I think his success in the NFL will be guided by a couple things, one, how willing is he going to be to listen and absorb the coaching he will receive and two how willing will he be to put in the time and effort to work on his deficiencies. We have all seen how much progress Josh Allen has made because of his willingness to learn and his dedication to improving his skills.