Nets @ Suns Tuesday game thread 2-16-2021

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
In all of these clips of suns practicing/shooting-around, Ayton is always just jump shoooting.
Practicing dunks is useless and Mark Bryant is not a good big man coach, so I'm not sure what else he CAN do at this point.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We could see some clips of him doing some footwork/jabs, dribbling, spinning. Practicing dunks lol
Who's to say he doesn't already do that?

I get him being a disappointment, but to nitpick a couple minutes of practice footage is a little much.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Irving is sitting tonight. Bummer. Takes a little juice out of this game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Against who? I'm not sure I trust Ayton to learn much of anything going up against Damien Jones in practice with Mark Bryant giving instructions.

I don't remember Mark Bryant having any moves in the post. He was mostly a banger and played fairly soft for a big man IIRC.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton already has the moves, he just needs to use them. Other than Shaq style 'running over people' (which he is physically capable of but doesn't do) there are not really any big man moves we haven't seen Ayton pull out of the bag, the problem is he seems to forget he can do them.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Ah, it's a shame KD and Kyrie are out. We're at a point now where I think the team needs to keep getting challenged to see how good they really are. Can the defense hold up against 3 of the best scorers in the league? Guess we'll have to wait to find out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it's too early to watch the standings but I find myself doing it. After some early disappointing losses the Suns have thrust themselves into having to win. Every win is important in a shortened season.

The top teams in the West are tying to separate from the pack while a number of teams are nipping at the Suns feet. The Suns need to figure out which group they want to belong too.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
They are either good or they are not. We’re done testing. Am I going to feel bad if we win? Absolutely not. This is the NBA. We don’t need Kevin Durant to play to see if we are any good. 17-9 speaks for itself. All we can do is win and win WELL. And that’s what we’ve been doing. I doubt CP3 laments after every win about the players the other team was missing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Against who? I'm not sure I trust Ayton to learn much of anything going up against Damien Jones in practice with Mark Bryant giving instructions.
There’s value in learning quick pivots and angles to the basket to the point of them being instinctive. It’s about muscle memory. Though not tall I have always had a strong base and could jump so I played a lot in the post. I would practice footwork and jump hooks, flips, and up-and-unders so I understood spacing and what I had to do with each shot differently. I practiced it all by myself. You don’t need a defender to pound it into your repertoire so it’s natural and fluid.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty says he is gaining symmetry with Chris Paul where they understand each other in regard to what play to run.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media