2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was quick. Raptors reportedly engaged in active talks in regard to trade for Drummond.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The trade deadline is more than a month away, its a little early to sit guys for it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A buyout could be an option for Blake Griffin.

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Senior NBA Insider:

Six-time All-Star forward Blake Griffin and the Detroit Pistons have agreed that he will be out of the lineup until the franchise and his representatives work through a resolution on his playing future, Pistons general manager Troy Weaver told ESPN.

The Pistons will continue to pursue trade scenarios involving Griffin and talks on a contract buyout with his agent Sam Goldfeder of Excel Sports could eventually come into focus.

The Pistons are moving toward a rebuild under Weaver, and this gives the franchise a chance to play younger players as Griffin moves toward finding a role on a contending team.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...ns-weigh-trade-buyout-options-former-all-star

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Spurs-Pistons game will be postponed.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
A buyout could be an option for Blake Griffin.

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Senior NBA Insider:

Six-time All-Star forward Blake Griffin and the Detroit Pistons have agreed that he will be out of the lineup until the franchise and his representatives work through a resolution on his playing future, Pistons general manager Troy Weaver told ESPN.

The Pistons will continue to pursue trade scenarios involving Griffin and talks on a contract buyout with his agent Sam Goldfeder of Excel Sports could eventually come into focus.

The Pistons are moving toward a rebuild under Weaver, and this gives the franchise a chance to play younger players as Griffin moves toward finding a role on a contending team.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...ns-weigh-trade-buyout-options-former-all-star

He’s due $39m next year. :eek::eek:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This was quick. Raptors reportedly engaged in active talks in regard to trade for Drummond.

There were already talks about him going there. They whiffed on Bam and now are still needing some more depth.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unlikely Anthony Davis returns before the All-Star Game break.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Griffin gets bought out, should we be interested? He and CP3 played together fairly well with the Clips didn't they?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
If Griffin gets bought out, should we be interested? He and CP3 played together fairly well with the Clips didn't they?

I'd be worried about his attitude. To me, he gives off a vibe like an angrier Carmelo Anthony.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
thise two guys hated each other.

Even if they loved each other who in their right mind wants Griffin at this point? The guy can't shoot, defend or rebound. He is still a good passer but he simply isn't good enough to get any meaningful minutes on any team looking to make noise. Unless you have some reason to believe he'll return to his athletic prime or has been playing possum for 2+ years he has nothing to offer. He hasn't dunked the ball since 2019.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if they loved each other who in their right mind wants Griffin at this point? The guy can't shoot, defend or rebound. He is still a good passer but he simply isn't good enough to get any meaningful minutes on any team looking to make noise. Unless you have some reason to believe he'll return to his athletic prime or has been playing possum for 2+ years he has nothing to offer. He hasn't dunked the ball since 2019.

agreed.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah. YOu all know what he is right now better than I do. Probably best not to tinker at the moment.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Remind me not to get on the wrong side of Draymond Green.

Hmm. I wonder if he will be fined for these comments.

Last edited:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its called being a professional Draymond. You're getting paid to play a sport than many play for fun and most importantly FREE! Many people get moved around from their employer, just doesnt happen in sports. This is true, I used to work at a chinese spot in one of the malls, the man in charge says " you work for job, job no work for you"

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Green is right that the players need be treated with respect and dignity. He’s wrong in every other element. There’s a cba that has been out in place that governs the league and players relationships and contracts. There’s also some basic employer-employee elements at play. Just because stars wield some disproportionate leverage in sports doesn’t mean that’s normal or that they’re not still employees and will be held to a certain standard. Employees in other industries can be transferred to other cities all the time. They’re still expected to act professionally and perform. That’s their end of the bargain. Just like paying the players to be traded is the employers end of the bargain. I mean he freely, and strongly, admits harden was purposefully dogging it. And he wants him not to be criticized die that?!? As far as I knew he was still getting paid. So the rockets kept their part of the contract. Harden likely deserved even more criticism imo. Draymond thinks he’s being representative of the players here, but I’d bet the players union attorneys are rolling eyes at these comments.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Draymond, in Feb he has 93 assists, the next highest total for any NBA player, is 83.

I agree with much of his point but that is what the deal is right now. I think players like him speaking up can help to change some of that but it won't change overnight.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Speaking of Draymond, in Feb he has 93 assists, the next highest total for any NBA player, is 83.

I agree with much of his point but that is what the deal is right now. I think players like him speaking up can help to change some of that but it won't change overnight.
Eh, what do you think his point is, Russ?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose