OT: Any of you go to this game?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It was the first home game after Pat Tillman’s death and only time Brady played the Cards in AZ.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I was there. Powerful moment at halftime when they pulled an enormous jersey banner down one side of SDS. I remember it was cloudy and somber out.

Captain Matt

Registered
Reaction score
So "Pat's Run" is on 24 April. While it is not in person (virtual this year) it still a great opportunity to remember Pat and to contribute to his legacy (in support of the foundation and scholarship fund). Plan to get at least 1 of my 3 kids to run with me this year. My avatar is a photo right after the New Orleans game in 1998 - it was about a week before I was commissioned (am still active duty) and 2 weeks before I got married. And... of course.... when we beat Dallas in the playoffs.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I had the NFL Ticket even way back then. I do remember watching this with my son Justin & it being very emotional. As usual, the Cardinals just weren't talented enough to come away with a win, but they did play tough all day. McCown was awful, but the Pats did have a very good D.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Not only did I go, but I got to go onto the middle of the field before the game to help hold up the flag. We happened to be waiting outside the entrance they brought the flag in and they asked for volunteers. On the way back to my seat, I yelled at Corey Dillon something about he sucks or we're going to crush them. He just smirked. All game long, the opposition fans taunted us with "Run run pass punt!" Ugly game, but a beautiful tribute. I still have the pin from the game.

Bless his memory, Duckjake hosted me for free in his hotel, and I won the contest with the biggest sob story (I was very down on my luck at the time) to be flown out and sent to the game for free. I'd gladly contribute if we did the contest again, to pay it forward.

God, I love this board.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I was there. President Bush had a special message that was played over the Jumbotron. I remember saying out loud “**** liar.” Some dude a few rows down stood up and yelled at me to “show some respect!” We got into a bit of a pissing match there in the NEZ. I told him (and pretty much everyone in my section) that what was being purported about Pat’s death was a complete lie. I was booed and such. A couple years later the facts started coming out, and all my buddies were calling me asking “how did you know???” All I can say is, the community is a pretty tight circle, and I did have some insider knowledge.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave