Todd McShay’s latest mock draft has Cardinals taking DE Gregory Rousseau

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Todd McShay’s latest mock draft has Cardinals taking DE Gregory Rousseau

https://arizonasports.com/story/253...aft-has-cardinals-taking-de-gregory-rousseau/

Taking a gander at the Arizona Cardinals at No. 16, the draft analyst changes course, with the team opting for defense over offense this time around in Miami defensive end Gregory Rousseau. McShay originally had Arizona going with Clemson running back Travis Etienne.

Rousseau enters the 2021 NFL Draft after opting out of last season due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The 6-foot-7, 265-pound edge rusher did play in 2019, however, recording 54 tackles, 19.5 of which were for losses, 15.5 sacks, a pass defensed and two forced fumbles. He paced the ACC in sacks and tackles for loss, while trailing only Chase Young (21) in sacks for the FBS lead.

The sample size remains relatively small compared to others in the draft, with just one season to go off of. In 2018, Rousseau’s freshman year was cut short after fracturing his ankle in the first game of the season.

The pick is all that more important if pass rusher Haason Reddick decides to take his talents elsewhere in free agency.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heard the local talking heads discussing him earlier this week. Intriguing. He opted out last year because of the pandemic but has continued his training and is self-motivated.

Meet Gregory Rousseau, the best edge rusher in the 2021 NFL Draft class

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2020/10/12/2021-nfl-draft-prospects-gregory-rousseau-miami-interview/

Every NFL team wants that athletic, explosive edge rusher who can wreak havoc on opposing quarterbacks every time they drop back to pass.

In the 2021 NFL Draft class, there’s none better than Miami’s Gregory Rousseau.

The prototypical edge defender for today’s NFL, Rousseau recently spoke exclusively with Draft Wire about his decision to opt out of the 2020 college football season, how he’s working to improve his pass rush moves, and what lies ahead for the nation’s top EDGE prospect.

Continued at: https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2020/10/12/2021-nfl-draft-prospects-gregory-rousseau-miami-interview/

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
I'm completely biased being a long-time Purdue fan, but I love me some Rondale Moore:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm completely biased being a long-time Purdue fan, but I love me some Rondale Moore:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
He is a beast. I would love to see us get him. Some injury concerns but that is with most super fast players.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Rosseau would be very Keimy

crazy athleticism and measurables

had we had a regular season where he played and he put up another 12+sacks, he would easily be a top 2 or 3 non QB in the draft

but there wasnt, and he didnt -- so the pick is a total projection on his development

it would be a pick, even if it worked, for 2022 and beyond -- not the 2021 season

i could see him having a very Simmons like role where he plays specific packages

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rosseau would be very Keimy

crazy athleticism and measurables

had we had a regular season where he played and he put up another 12+sacks, he would easily be a top 2 or 3 non QB in the draft

but there wasnt, and he didnt -- so the pick is a total projection on his development

it would be a pick, even if it worked, for 2022 and beyond -- not the 2021 season

i could see him having a very Simmons like role where he plays specific packages

To your last point...does this mean that SK is itching to draft him so that VJ can mostly sit him??? :madarms:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave