76ers @ Suns Saturday game thread 2-13-2021

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns play back-to-back games Saturday and Sunday when the Philadelphia 76ers and Orlando Magic come to town.

76ers are 18-8 but lost 118-114 at Portland on Thursday. They are in first place in the East and are 7-3 in their last ten games.

Suns are 15-9 and have won their last four games. They are in fourth place in the West and are also 7-3 in their last ten games.

The game will be televised on FSAZ and NBA TV.

It's an early start with game time listed at 1 p.m. Arizona time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to worry about Portland 14-10 who only trail the Suns by a game.

They just keep winning even without Jusuf Nurkic, CJ McCollum and Zach Collins.

They have won four of their last five games including beating the 76ers twice in that span.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They have won four of their last five games including beating the 76ers twice in that span.

How refreshing is it to worry about a team catching up to you in the playoff rankings instead of ping pong lotto balls?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How refreshing is it to worry about a team catching up to you in the playoff rankings instead of ping pong lotto balls?

It's refreshing indeed but on paper, Portland shouldn't be winning with key players out. When they get those players back they could be a handful.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's refreshing indeed but on paper, Portland shouldn't be winning with key players out. When they get those players back they could be a handful.

I don’t think Lillard gets the love he really deserves... even though he does get a lot already. That guy is Steph Curry level good.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping Chris Paul and Jae Crowder are still a go against the 76ers.

It would also be nice to get some of the other Suns players back who have been out like Dario Saric, Cam Payne and Abdel Nader.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think Lillard gets the love he really deserves... even though he does get a lot already. That guy is Steph Curry level good.

Lillard is crazy good. My concern is one of these seasons they get healthy and put it all together.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It would also be nice to get some of the other Suns players back who have been out like Dario Saric, Cam Payne and Abdel Nader.
Is there talk of CP3 missing the game?

at this point, I’ve just written off Dario and Payne. Maybe we get them backs after the all star game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Who?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there talk of CP3 missing the game?

at this point, I’ve just written off Dario and Payne. Maybe we get them backs after the all star game.

No I haven't heard anything. Jae Crowder is my biggest concern after banging his knee.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Very hard gm 76ers are very talented

Hope suns play well at very least want to see ayton do well

Go suns.....

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe we take the same approach as the Bucs game and let Embiid go off and limit the rest. The other issue is Simmons wants to penetrate. I'm hoping we can stay out of foul trouble, something that's always a concern with Ayton and Booker.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We just need to finish 6th or better to avoid the play in round. ESPN+ had an article breaking down contenders and their algorithm said were likely to finish 4, 5, or 6 in the West.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is very encouraging as Monty believes Dario Saric and Cam Payne will be listed as questionable as they went through everything in practice.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty says Jalen Smith remains a diligent worker.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The same could be said about the Suns and all of the injuries..

I was thinking about this as well. Still the Suns always had two of Paul, Ayton and Booker.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will be awesome to get Dario Saric back.

The injury report sounds like good news if those questionable are near ready to play.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We just need to finish 6th or better to avoid the play in round. ESPN+ had an article breaking down contenders and their algorithm said were likely to finish 4, 5, or 6 in the West.

ESPN had an algorithm saying the Cardinals were likely to get into the playoffs too. Man, I hope this start has a better finish than football season. That freaking blew.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN had an algorithm saying the Cardinals were likely to get into the playoffs too. Man, I hope this start has a better finish than football season. That freaking blew.

Cardinals SHOULD have made the playoffs, even now I find it difficult to believe they didn't. But the Suns have already given away at least 5 or 6 games they should have won, you have to wonder how badly that's going to bite us in the end.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals SHOULD have made the playoffs, even now I find it difficult to believe they didn't. But the Suns have already given away at least 5 or 6 games they should have won, you have to wonder how badly that's going to bite us in the end.

i feel like those give away games are part of a team still learning how to mesh together. Really happy with the fact that they started strong, really struggled for a bit and could have gone into a tailspin, but righted the ship and are getting better and better. That SHOULD bode well for the future.

although... the Cards kinda did the same thing, winning their first two, then following that up with two ugly losses and following that up with a nice 3 of 4 run punctuated by wins over the Hawks and Bills before collapsing.

but this team has better leadership with Paul ruling the roost. So if he stays healthy, I think we’ve got a great shot at the playoffs.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me it's more how the Suns play the rest of the season... if they have found their chemistry and maintain their winning ways. Also avoiding major injuries or absences is key.

Every team loses games they should have won. The losses that may hurt the most are those back-to-back loses to Denver because the Nuggets own the tiebreaker.

Also there are a lot more games in an NBA schedule than an NFL schedule so downward blips are more easily absorbed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave