Borat Subsequent Moviefilm (Amazon Prime)

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I just hope they have some celebrity guests that are still relevant to contemporary culture in there this time. :eek2:

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I just hope they have some celebrity guests that are still relevant to contemporary culture in there this time. :eek2:

Like Rudy?

Looks good, looking forward to watching this.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Watched last night and was a bit disappointed. There was some funny parts but it didn't have me crying like the first one did. It felt forced more than his previous stuff.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm amazed there even is a Borat part two. Everyone knows borat so there is far less you can do with it than before. He could just use a new character like he did with who is america and have far more success.

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
I'm amazed there even is a Borat part two. Everyone knows borat so there is far less you can do with it than before. He could just use a new character like he did with who is america and have far more success.

Well, that WAS a plot point in the film. For most of this film "Borat" was in disguise since everyone recognized him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, that WAS a plot point in the film. For most of this film "Borat" was in disguise since everyone recognized him.

yup. The movie leaned heavily on his “daughter” who was the shining star of the movie.

I thought it was great. Not quite as funny as the first one, but a better overall movie with a funny storyline and actual message about rampant mysoginism in our country laced in with the ridiculousness.

and a pretty clever and incredibly stupid twist at the end.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yup. The movie leaned heavily on his “daughter” who was the shining star of the movie.

I thought it was great. Not quite as funny as the first one, but a better overall movie with a funny storyline and actual message about rampant mysoginism in our country laced in with the ridiculousness.

She really was great. I wasn't expecting that at all.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score

Pretty good short assessment there. Man, the scene with Borat as Country Steve singing "Wuhan Flu" to the Trumpers was incredible. The crowd turned on him at the end. Cohen was on Colbert the other day and he showed some footage of Country Steve having to escape from the angry "security men". It was freaky, don't know why he didn't put that in the film.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty good short assessment there. Man, the scene with Borat as Country Steve singing "Wuhan Flu" to the Trumpers was incredible. The crowd turned on him at the end. Cohen was on Colbert the other day and he showed some footage of Country Steve having to escape from the angry "security men". It was freaky, don't know why he didn't put that in the film.

he breaks character in the footage.

also, do none of you guys remember the Wuhan Flu thing from earlier this year? The Daily Beast posted about that the day it happened. People thought it was definitely something new Cohen was doing since he wasn't in Borat gear.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen it and probably won't, but were the scenes with Rudy as awful as many have said?

Passepartout

July 4th Fireworks
Reaction score
Really Sasha Baron Cohen a great actor but when he disguises himself into something he is not for real people, really that is an embarassement to say the least.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My stab: it is embarrassing that his fake characters blend in so well with real people

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Haven't seen it and probably won't, but were the scenes with Rudy as awful as many have said?

Rudy can deny it, but why would he go into a bedroom area and lay on the bed with a young "journalist". Dude totally thought he was about to get laid. He's a grade A scumbag.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Rudy can deny it, but why would he go into a bedroom area and lay on the bed with a young "journalist". Dude totally thought he was about to get laid. He's a grade A scumbag.

That scene was nicely cut up and we really don't know what happened there. The last episode of Half in the Bag review Borat 2 and they had a nice discussion on techniques. Part of it was in general and part of it was on the Rudy scene.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Watched last night and was a bit disappointed. There was some funny parts but it didn't have me crying like the first one did. It felt forced more than his previous stuff.
Agreed. The first one had me crying as well. This one had some hilarious scenes as well, but wasn't nearly as funny overall.