Suns updates and discussion for the 2020-21 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This basketball player is no more! He has ceased to be! He's expired and gone to meet his maker! He's a stiff! Bereft of life, he rests in peace! If Coach hadn't nailed him to the bench he'd be pushing up the daisies! His metabolic processes are now history! He's off the court! He's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off his mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleeding choir invisible!! SARIC IS AN EX-BASKETBALL PLAYER!!

Are we certain that was Dario Saric who played seven games this season? It seems so vague now.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice to get some National coverage for our star

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice ESPN Cover Story and video on Devin Booker. A win over the Bucks tonight would help as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns minority owner to partner with Colin Kaepernick "looking to raise up to $287 million through a special-purpose acquisition company with a social purpose in mind."

By Duane Rankin Arizona Republic:

Phoenix Suns vice chairman and minority team owner, Jahm Najafi, has partnered with former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick in looking to raise up to $287 million through a special-purpose acquisition company with a social purpose in mind.

A SPAC raises money by listing on the stock exchange with a goal to locate and purchase a profitable and fast-growing company. Kaepernick will serve as co-chair with Najafi of Mission Advancement Corp., a SPAC that looks to raise up to $287.5 million in an initial public offering, according to documents filed to the Securities and Exchange Commission on Tuesday, The Wall Street Journal reported.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...lin-kaepernick-investment-venture/6704777002/

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
How many games in the season? According to the schedules I have looked at, the regular season ends March 4, so 38 games? What am I missing?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many games in the season? According to the schedules I have looked at, the regular season ends March 4, so 38 games? What am I missing?

There are 72 games in the season.

The second half of the season hasn't been scheduled yet because of possible missed games due to the coronavirus. The NBA left flexibility to reschedule missed games.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Coming up on game 25. 1/3 of the way through the season.

Solidly 4th in the West. Playing and winning despite lots of lost games by players. Being recognized in the power rankings (not that it means a lot)

Recognized almost universally as a top 5 defense in the league.

Clutch play by Cp3 and Book. Ever-increasing contributions from Handsome Frank.

Playing without Cam Payne for many games, who has been proven to be a huge contributor, the same goes for Saric.

Still see room for improvement as the offense continues to develop.

Most importantly, the Suns are playing a style of basketball that will translate to the playoffs. Suns fans all know how much we have enjoyed the offensive show that teams have produced in previous years, while understanding and hating the fact that the refs swallow their whistles in the playoffs and the game grinds down.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I say this with 100% seriousness, Frank might be the best passer we have on the team. He's tall enough to see over people and has the ability to read the defense to make passes anticipating their action for a better open shot. CP3 and Booker have the ball in their hands a lot more, so they get a lot more assists (and turnovers in Booker's case) but Frank still has led the team in assists in a couple games since he's started. He also can't break down the defense to force the opportunities like the other 2, but can certainly take advantage when the defense is already bending.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say this with 100% seriousness, Frank might be the best passer we have on the team. He's tall enough to see over people and has the ability to read the defense to make passes anticipating their action for a better open shot. CP3 and Booker have the ball in their hands a lot more, so they get a lot more assists (and turnovers in Booker's case) but Frank still has led the team in assists in a couple games since he's started. He also can't break down the defense to force the opportunities like the other 2, but can certainly take advantage when the defense is already bending.

I’m coining Tank and Bridges to be Frank and Beans from herein.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All Star Voting, i wish they'd take injured players off the table like Klay. That way voters can express those votes to players that are actually playing.

And the Caruso thing is just idiotic. Maybe this shouldnt something left to fans.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All Star Voting, i wish they'd take injured players off the table like Klay. That way voters can express those votes to players that are actually playing.

And the Caruso thing is just idiotic. Maybe this shouldnt something left to fans.

In 1990 a very good defending but not great defending power forward, averaging 8.7 rebounds and 12.9 points with a very meager shooting percentage for an inside player (despite being fed by probably the greatest passer of all time) made the All Star team. That should have taught us all we needed to know about the stupidity of the fan vote.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ty-Shon Alexander looking very good in the G-League through two games. I think he can be an NBA player.

Like that shooting stroke.