OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Jae Crowder was the only player that could get away with playing defense on Giannis.

His defense was a difference maker.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Crowder were 2-3 inches taller then he'd be making $20 million or more a year. He's just a scrapper inside. Even with the league shifting some to larger lineups though hes got the experience of bodying up with bigger players down low so he's not as affected as some other undersized 4's.

This team seems to be hitting its stride. Hopefully Monty can integrate Cam Payne and Saric back into the rotation without disrupting things.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great W last night, i watched it late up until 1am this morning on fox sports go app on the roku. I highly recommend finding/paying someone to access the app, its awesome on the roku.

My Monty issues: Cam was on Craig for a stretch and Craig just abused us. Ending the 2nd quarter again, leaving our main pieces in with minimal time left...Ayton picked up a huge foul with seconds to go. He also failed to sub Ayton out in the previous game with a minute to go in the 2nd quarter where Ayton picked up another foul.

Last 2 minutes: Ayton "hands" fumbled a clear rebound between his legs. Ayton had a rebound right under the goal and passed it to the bucs out of sheer panic. Booker and Paul didn't score down the stretch.

Positives: Kam is such a complimentary player to the starters. He adds size, can make passes, spreads the floor and also adds a post game to our starting unit. Also has a veteran feel with a higher basketball IQ. Crowder was huge again in so many ways, he seems to step up to the occasion.

The officiating blew. Despite all that, we came back from 16, built a small cushion and allowed Giannis to be Giannis.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Crowder were 2-3 inches taller then he'd be making $20 million or more a year. He's just a scrapper inside. Even with the league shifting some to larger lineups though hes got the experience of bodying up with bigger players down low so he's not as affected as some other undersized 4's.

This team seems to be hitting its stride. Hopefully Monty can integrate Cam Payne and Saric back into the rotation without disrupting things.

It was the best defensive performance by Crowder this season and his rebounds were key.

Clearly Crowder got under Giannis' skin. He knew exactly how to play him defensively but most importantly the referees let him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Rewatched the final play. Giannis should’ve passed to divincenzo. He was open, there was just enough time left for a quick pass and divincenzo has a much greater likelihood of hitting that shot. I realize no one likely thinks there’s enough time for a pass, but watch the replay again, I think it would’ve worked bc giannis drew 3 defenders to him.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Didn't zzz till 12 am last but man zzz felt heavinly after that incredible suns win that was like the old nash team type w!!!

Great gm by paul booker and ayton did well same with frank!!!

Monty must have said something right during a team meeting lol

Way to go suns epic w!!!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Rewatched the final play. Giannis should’ve passed to divincenzo. He was open, there was just enough time left for a quick pass and divincenzo has a much greater likelihood of hitting that shot. I realize no one likely thinks there’s enough time for a pass, but watch the replay again, I think it would’ve worked bc giannis drew 3 defenders to him.

It was a poor decision given his jump shooting woes. He really should be at least a league average shooter by now given what the league has evolved in to. Even though he’s a b2b MVP without it, adding it would be like Nash becoming an elite defender or something. It wouldn’t be fair.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think Giannis was determined to take the shot so he wasn't looking to pass.

He had a very good look even though the Suns had built their wall with Paul, Ayton and Crowder.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

They were both open on the right side of the court.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did they say at the beginning of the broadcast that we were fifth in the league defending the three? If so, is that really true? It seems like we are constantly giving up wide open 3s.

Yeah, I re-watched the game this morning and they said we were 5th in defense and then added that we were 4th in 3 point defense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I re-watched the game this morning and they said we were 5th in defense and then added that we were 4th in 3 point defense.

Stats don't lie but it's hard to believe it watching the Suns play especially the first half of the Bucks game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a poor decision given his jump shooting woes. He really should be at least a league average shooter by now given what the league has evolved in to. Even though he’s a b2b MVP without it, adding it would be like Nash becoming an elite defender or something. It wouldn’t be fair.

he’d be unstoppable.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Star players are dumb. In crunch time, they think they're the ones who have to make that play because they're stars. LeBron has it right: Give it to the person who can make a higher percentage play, or keep it himself if it's the right play. But they see the media ridicule he gets when he passes it and it doesn't go in. Booker can learn from this.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Star players are dumb. In crunch time, they think they're the ones who have to make that play because they're stars. LeBron has it right: Give it to the person who can make a higher percentage play, or keep it himself if it's the right play. But they see the media ridicule he gets when he passes it and it doesn't go in. Booker can learn from this.
Yup. The best of the best know to do it. Kerr killing us the best example.

TJ

Reaction score

Wtf. Should apologize for rubbing up against Ayton’s elbow

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Thats awesome from Ayton. There was one point where he was clearly flustered and frustrated by the officiating, he got physical with Giannis and just shoved him back a bit, this was somewhere near the elbow. I dont recall what quarter, maybe it was the third.

The suns were more physical but only the touch calls on Giannis were called.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Big games are like playoff games to us fans and most players of the Suns, sense we haven't seen then in a decade. After the game I just thought damn they can play with good teams

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Seriously (or are you kidding)? It was clearly an intentional elbow to the face. I'm not surprised one of our guys got tired of Donte and sent a message, I'm just surprised it was DA.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Seriously (or are you kidding)? It was clearly an intentional elbow to the face. I'm not surprised one of our guys got tired of Donte and sent a message, I'm just surprised it was DA.
Pretty sure TJ was joking. Since raja took the elbow to the face abuse from Kobe I’ve never been a fan of anyone doing that, regardless of who it is. I don’t mind our players playing with an attitude or being chippy but I’m just not a fan to any shot to the head of anyone.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure TJ was joking. Since raja took the elbow to the face abuse from Kobe I’ve never been a fan of anyone doing that, regardless of who it is. I don’t mind our players playing with an attitude or being chippy but I’m just not a fan to any shot to the head of anyone.

I knew it might be a less than serious comment but figured I'd take the opportunity to make the point that it was flagrant and should have been called. I'm not a fan of dirty fouls either, I didn't care for the elbows from Kobe and I detested the clothes-line payback by Raja.

TJ

Reaction score

Did Kobe (R.I.P.) ever apologize to Raja for getting in the way of his arm?

TJ

Reaction score
I was joking, but I’m not surprised it was DA. He’s been shoving and pushing people all season. I feel that he’s playing frustrated some of the time