Super Bowl LV Chiefs vs Buccaneers gameday thread 2-7-21

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol if the refs give you first and goal from the one after two ridiculous penalty’s and you throw 3 yard passes all night, not really that impressive but hey to each his own. Fact is the Bucs defense carried and won them the Super Bowl TB12 had mediocre games in all 3 and some sketchy officiating as well. The NFL got what they wanted all along. They act like Brady made that team instant contender, when in fact they added much to that team shoot all the TDs were scored by players not even on the team the year before not to mention defensive additions made. TB spent a ton of money and went for it and got it congrats but for Brady to be MVP is a flat out joke to me. **** Gronk was more deserving than TB12, the Cheifs got screwed a few times anyone with eyes could see that! The honey badger int they took back huge momentum shift, the bs pass int calls but only against the Cheifs yet the bucs grabbed and played aggressively all game with no PI calls give me a break!

All those players who scored TDs were in Tampa BECAUSE of Tom Brady. Literally. He was what attracted Gronk, AB and Fournette to the team, with AB and Fournette even moving in with him.

His presence alone literally made them a contender where those guys wanted to come play with him. This is argument you’re making is as ludicrous as the one you made against King Of Kong: A Fistful Of Quarters back in the day.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All those players who scored TDs were in Tampa BECAUSE of Tom Brady. Literally. He was what attracted Gronk, AB and Fournette to the team, with AB and Fournette even moving in with him.

His presence alone literally made them a contender where those guys wanted to come play with him. This is argument you’re making is as ludicrous as the one you made against King Of Kong: A Fistful Of Quarters back in the day.

Heck, AB ran the wrong route in the SB and TB still hit him for a TD. ;)

Reaction score
Here’s what I want to know. After changing teams, having no training camp or OTA’s, going out and throwing 4600 yards, 40 TDs and 12 picks and then throwing for another 1100 yards 10 TDs and 3 picks, winning three road games and a Super Bowl championship, are people still going to claim Brady is just a “system” QB?

He's definitely changed my mind. I couldn't believe his arm strength either.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shut up, have I ever claimed he was a system QB? Show me I’ll wait...

lol... have you ever used those words? Maybe not and I’m not gonna bother searching. But for years all you do is say Brady sucks and didn’t do anything... Here we are again.... Haters gonna hate I get it...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol... have you ever used those words? Maybe not and I’m not gonna bother searching. But for years all you do is say Brady sucks and didn’t do anything... Here we are again.... Haters gonna hate I get it...

gimme a break Shane! Just because he hit lucky number 7, doesn't mean he's great!

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Tom Brady should become a head coach immediately after retiring. A ton of chatter around this victory is how Tom elevated every player on the Bucs by holding them accountable in practice, motivating them to work harder and making them believe they were going to win. Bruce Arians himself saying he basically just let Tom coach the players. Those are factors that make me think Tom isn't just lucky. He creates his own luck.

Besides all that, even if the defense was the better side of the ball for the Bucs, its not like the offense was bad. This wasn't a final year Peyton Manning scenario.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Tom Brady should become a head coach immediately after retiring. A ton of chatter around this victory is how Tom elevated every player on the Bucs by holding them accountable in practice, motivating them to work harder and making them believe they were going to win. Bruce Arians himself saying he basically just let Tom coach the players. Those are factors that make me think Tom isn't just lucky. He creates his own luck.

Besides all that, even if the defense was the better side of the ball for the Bucs, its not like the offense was bad. This wasn't a final year Peyton Manning scenario.

All time great players never work as coaches.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Still remember how many here doing some nfl qb ranking every year, and Tom Brady is always behind
But reality nobody is even closer to him, it's funny to see Aaron Rodgers always ahead of him
Is not just about arm talent, athletic ability, agility, pocket presence, resilience, stamina
Its about having the best brain to see things quicker, reading defenses, anticipate and making most wise decision
Thats why TB is the best

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Still remember how many here doing some nfl qb ranking every year, and Tom Brady is always behind
But reality nobody is even closer to him, it's funny to see Aaron Rodgers always ahead of him
Is not just about arm talent, athletic ability, agility, pocket presence, resilience, stamina
Its about having the best brain to see things quicker, reading defenses, anticipate and making most wise decision
Thats why TB is the best
In my opinion the closest isn’t even from his generation and still isn’t close . . . Montana.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson