What's wrong with Booker?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
i think Doncic is solidly slotted as a SF. Ja Morant might be the only other player who I wouldn’t be totally pissed if he got in over Booker. He’s having another very good season, on an injury riddled team that he’s pretty much single handedly kept in the playoff chase. Jamal Murray isn’t having a great season and neither are the Nuggets so I’d give Book the nod over him.
I only put that because the NBA seems to think he's a guard, as he's part of the guard voting for the All Star Game.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Doncic is a guard as so is George (this year). Both are having better seasons than Book.

Book should’ve been an all star over Westbrook without the injury stipulation last season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doncic is a guard as so is George (this year). Both are having better seasons than Book.

Book should’ve been an all star over Westbrook without the injury stipulation last season.

bith of those guys are guards? Book doesn’t get in then.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only put that because the NBA seems to think he's a guard, as he's part of the guard voting for the All Star Game.

gotcha. I think this is pretty dumb on the NBA's part. Does that mean that Scottie Pippen would have been a guard in today's All-Star game formula? Or LeBron back in his Cleveland days?

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not according to the NBA and he's one of those stars who is record-resistant.

You are right. Doncic is considered a guard in All-Star voting.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are right. Doncic is considered a guard in All-Star voting.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

So it’s now just divvied up as frontcourt and backcourt? Interesting.

based on those lists, if Devin and the Suns keep playing well, I think he’s one of the 12 guys from the West who gets in. Top 6 from each back and front court make sense.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
McCollum is having a better year to this point than Booker. Luka is getting in cause he’s Luka, Mitchell b/c the Jazz are having a great season. Lillard and Curry are locks.

It’s going to come down to George and Booker. A few weeks ago I thought Book would be out but it’s close now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it’s now just divvied up as frontcourt and backcourt? Interesting.

based on those lists, if Devin and the Suns keep playing well, I think he’s one of the 12 guys from the West who gets in. Top 6 from each back and front court make sense.

It makes sense but I don't know if it breaks that way.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It makes sense but I don't know if it breaks that way.

I’m just looking at the top 12 guys, IMO. Just happens to break down 6 and 6. But I didn’t realize how monster of a year CJ was having.

and if I’m being totally honest, you could prob make a stronger case for CP3 to get in over Book right now.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The ESPN plug is going to help Booker considerably. The reason he's been pooped on for so many years is because of obscurity. Attention and positive pub is a good thing.

In the end, it's a popularity contest, which is why Yao Ming got so many undeserving AS starts.

My opinion that we should take away the fan vote remains. Us fans are dumb and biased on many levels.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My opinion that we should take away the fan vote remains. Us fans are dumb and biased on many levels.

I've never agreed with letting the fan vote decide. And that's even more important in today's game because contracts can be impacted by the vote. But my issue isn't the "dumb" part, it's simply that many fans (most fans?) do not vote. The idea that one fan voting a thousand times has anything to do with the fans getting to see who they want is absurd. And yes, we're all biased for our own players except for the occasional fan that goes the other way.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m just looking at the top 12 guys, IMO. Just happens to break down 6 and 6. But I didn’t realize how monster of a year CJ was having.

and if I’m being totally honest, you could prob make a stronger case for CP3 to get in over Book right now.

We agree the top six players from frontcourt and guards from each conference sounds right.

I think Booker deserves it but I can see Paul deserving it as well.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think only for certain kinds of basketball purists that have a more complex view of the game.