If I were Patrick Peterson's Life Coach

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would convince him to sign a 1 year team friendly deal with the Cards and spin it as he is a team player and wants to help the team out in this unusual year where the cap has shrunk. He is super prideful so I don't know if he has it in him. In reality his skills have really declined and he needs to prove himself next year if he wants anything more than a short term contract for an average, middle of the pack free agent CB. This approach would enable his pride to spin itself as a hero.

He could use the same spin and go to Tampa for a team friendly deal and say he is doing it for a ring. How would his pride deal with the Buc's being happy with what they have?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would convince him to sign a 1 year team friendly deal with the Cards and spin it as he is a team player and wants to help the team out in this unusual year where the cap has shrunk. He is super prideful so I don't know if he has it in him. In reality his skills have really declined and he needs to prove himself next year if he wants anything more than a short term contract for an average, middle of the pack free agent CB. This approach would enable his pride to spin itself as a hero.

He could use the same spin and go to Tampa for a team friendly deal and say he is doing it for a ring. How would his pride deal with the Buc's being happy with what they have?

cause I bet you are just jumping at the chance to take less money at your job.

OP
OP
Reddog

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
they have three young corners, and given their own FAs, not a lot of wiggle room

i think P2 has done alright for himself without a life coach
I'm definitely no life coach but I didn't say agent because if I were an agent, like Chopper I would shop him to the highest bidder because I get paid that way. As for him doing alright for himself, he sure has except for the PR hits he took trashing the team as a captain and publicly wanting out of AZ and that little PED mishap.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cause I bet you are just jumping at the chance to take less money at your job.

I am sure there are plenty of regular folks who would not take a raise at their job if it meant moving to Cleveland. In reality, it's never the same comparing multi-millionaires to regular folks. If you've got millions in the bank it becomes a little easier to say "I'd rather not sell my home and uproot my family and leave the community here to go to some unknown other city and all that the move entails."

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am sure there are plenty of regular folks who would not take a raise at their job if it meant moving to Cleveland. In reality, it's never the same comparing multi-millionaires to regular folks. If you've got millions in the bank it becomes a little easier to say "I'd rather not sell my home and uproot my family and leave the community here to go to some unknown other city and all that the move entails."

Do those “regular people” only have a set amount of years to make the money they are making now before a drastic fall off in pay? Because if that’s the case then I’m pretty sure everyone would do what they have to do.

Paso Fino

Veteran
Reaction score
There are two aspects to Peterson. One - his physical skills and Two - his willingness to engage in contact. Both have declined. And the risk of resigning him is that number Two will become more prominent. I would pass if I were the Cardinals GM.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If I were his agent, I would tell him to test free agency and if the offers aren't great, he can always go back to the Cardinals for one year because they are desperate at CB.
I would love to be in the heads of Keim and co. to have any idea of what their backup plan is. I'm so anticipating something like Gareon Conley being our new #1 CB.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would love to be in the heads of Keim and co. to have any idea of what their backup plan is. I'm so anticipating something like Gareon Conley being our new #1 CB.
"men, you need to understand that robert alford has been hurt for the past 2 years, but his tape is phenomenal, when I think of our CB room, I see robert getting healthy and being the anchor on our defense shadowing #1 receivers. he's athletic, and more importantly, a leader of men" - SK

prepare for it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson