Updated : Carson Wentz to Colts

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
It's not like he forgot to play QB though is it? I think his O line was so putrid after injuries that he started seeing ghosts. Bad O line and 2nd string receivers isn't a good combo for any QB.

Colts would be better for him. Behind that O line he'd be back to his old self I feel. Bears ain't too shabby either.

I would not be at all surprised if he was back to form and made the playoffs next year. And he only costs something like $25m per year because the Eagles have to swallow a chunk of the cap hit.
Rumor out of Philly is that Wentz became an over the top diva. He ignored play calls and started calling his own plays in the huddle, and never took responsibility for any of his actions. He became a cancer in the locker room and his play didn't overcome his crap behavior. Dude needs a serious dose of humility.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope he goes to the Colts & does well. He was fantastic with special needs kids in the Philly area, so I have a soft spot in my heart for him.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
In another thread I said Wentz to the Bears for Roquan Smith, a 1st and Foles. I stand by that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Rumor out of Philly is that Wentz became an over the top diva. He ignored play calls and started calling his own plays in the huddle, and never took responsibility for any of his actions. He became a cancer in the locker room and his play didn't overcome his crap behavior. Dude needs a serious dose of humility.
If that’s the case his ego is likely entirely outta control. Seems weird coming from lower level collegiate program but no accounting for headcases if true.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that’s the case his ego is likely entirely outta control. Seems weird coming from lower level collegiate program but no accounting for headcases if true.

doesnt match his interviews where he def took responsibility and stated he needed to do better and it was on him.... doesn’t sound like anything we’ve seen on television but who knows what he’s portraying in the locker room...

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
If that's the case, why did 2 of the leaders on the team, Kelce and Fletcher, come out in support of him?

I will say, Wentz seems like the oldest 28 year old QB I've seen. He should just be hitting his prime but he seems over the hill already.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If that's the case, why did 2 of the leaders on the team, Kelce and Fletcher, come out in support of him?

I will say, Wentz seems like the oldest 28 year old QB I've seen. He should just be hitting his prime but he seems over the hill already.
I don't believe you should ever discount the support system around a QB. Put people around him that can get your message across and keep him working. For some guys that is a yeller. For others it is a more supportive voice. This is probably one of the biggest reasons you don't want your HC to be that guy. Your HC needs to be able to adjust to each person to a degree but can't eliminate personal accountability.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In another thread I said Wentz to the Bears for Roquan Smith, a 1st and Foles. I stand by that.

The only thing worse than the Bears giving multiple 1st's would be them giving them a 1st and Smith. So they probably will.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The only thing worse than the Bears giving multiple 1st's would be them giving them a 1st and Smith. So they probably will.
The worse thing for the Bears would be going another year with Foles and Trubisky. Wentz is no guarantee but he is a bet on talent at the most important position. Making a 4th year ILB a deal breaker when trying to acquire a potential top 10 QB would be the mistake.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
doesnt match his interviews where he def took responsibility and stated he needed to do better and it was on him.... doesn’t sound like anything we’ve seen on television but who knows what he’s portraying in the locker room...
The Eagles have not had a single WR who would have started for the Cardinals over the past two years. At some point as a QB you get frustrated when you are having to take the blame for a bad roster.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The worse thing for the Bears would be going another year with Foles and Trubisky. Wentz is no guarantee but he is a bet on talent at the most important position. Making a 4th year ILB a deal breaker when trying to acquire a potential top 10 QB would be the mistake.

I agree, if Wentz was a sure fire hit. If he was Deshaun Watson. While I think Wentz can turn it around it's still a gamble. I'm not sure I'd want to be giving good players away.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Eagles have not had a single WR who would have started for the Cardinals over the past two years. At some point as a QB you get frustrated when you are having to take the blame for a bad roster.

yea its a pretty bad group other then Jeffery who is never healthy like EVER so he’s useless..

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That wouldn’t surprise me though. What QB doesn’t have a publicist on their agents staff?

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That wouldn’t surprise me though. What QB doesn’t have a publicist on their agents staff?

You don’t see the Baker Mayfields of the world and Johnny Manziels of the past having much humility in interviews. Cam Newton?

also wouldnt explain Cbus point of players publicly supporting him.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I agree, if Wentz was a sure fire hit. If he was Deshaun Watson. While I think Wentz can turn it around it's still a gamble. I'm not sure I'd want to be giving good players away.
Nothing is a sure fire hit. That is silly.

You are betting on Wentz being what he has shown prior to this last year.

You are betting on his cap hit, after the trade, being a max of 26 mil in a given season.

You are betting that you are getting a top 12 QB who, right now, would be the 16th highest paid QB on average salary per year. That savings will only get higher over the next 3 years of his contract.

It is a calculated risk and better than Sam Darnold, trading up for Fields or Wilson, or sticking with what you have.

When will you realize Brit that without a QB, no player on your roster really matters that much?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nothing is a sure fire hit. That is silly.

You are betting on Wentz being what he has shown prior to this last year.

You are betting on his cap hit, after the trade, being a max of 26 mil in a given season.

You are betting that you are getting a top 12 QB who, right now, would be the 16th highest paid QB on average salary per year. That savings will only get higher over the next 3 years of his contract.

It is a calculated risk and better than Sam Darnold, trading up for Fields or Wilson, or sticking with what you have.

When will you realize Brit that without a QB, no player on your roster really matters that much?

I know very well that QB is key.

I'm simply saying you are gambling on getting old Carson Wentz or new Carson Wentz and if I'm the Bears GM I'm not sending a 1st and a known good player for a guy that's a gamble. I'm more comfortable sending picks because picks are also a gamble.

I have to disagree on no such thing as a sure fire hit. Are you saying Deshaun Watson isn't a top 5 QB thats going to be good wherever he goes? Most teams are a step up from what he's had with the Texans.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I know very well that QB is key.

I'm simply saying you are gambling on getting old Carson Wentz or new Carson Wentz and if I'm the Bears GM I'm not sending a 1st and a known good player for a guy that's a gamble. I'm more comfortable sending picks because picks are also a gamble.

I have to disagree on no such thing as a sure fire hit. Are you saying Deshaun Watson isn't a top 5 QB thats going to be good wherever he goes? Most teams are a step up from what he's had with the Texans.
35 mil cap hit for Watson makes things tough. He can't carry a team alone, that was shown this past year. He takes a lot of hits which can lead to injuries especially as you age. So, no, he is not a sure fire hit. He comes with low risk which is why teams are trying to get him.

In terms of the Bears GM, if you don't make this move you are 100% fired so congrats on sitting on 14 and hoping the dealer busts instead of taking a card and actually trying to get a winning hand. (to use a blackjack reference)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You don’t see the Baker Mayfields of the world and Johnny Manziels of the past having much humility in interviews. Cam Newton?

also wouldnt explain Cbus point of players publicly supporting him.
I don’t look at other players actions as evidence of anything in regards to one and other. The teammates comments hold water. But it’s also possible they don’t have insight into wentz going rogue, etc. I’m not saying wentz is guilty of the murmurs- I clearly have no information on this other than what I’m reading here. I’m just saying if those murmurs are true it’s a disaster.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Personally, I’d keep Wentz over Hurts. Hurts makes Lamar Jackson look like Troy Aikman as a passer.

They’re not winning anything with Hurts.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I’d keep Wentz over Hurts. Hurts makes Lamar Jackson look like Troy Aikman as a passer.

They’re not winning anything with Hurts.

They aren't winning with Wentz either. If they get rid of him, they get rid of his terrible contract...

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Bears have an atrocious OL, which is kryptonite to Wentz. Indy would be the ideal place for Wentz to turn his career around. If he has any say in the matter, he won't be heading to Chicago.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
From what I've read the Eagles are going to take a massive cap hit on Wentz no matter what they do with trading him prior to the start of the new league year the least expensive option. The team that takes him will be paying roughly $25 million a year for four years which is a big risk on a quarterback who is damaged goods.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson