Arizona Cardinals off season news Jan 25-Feb 25, 2021

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
The answer is don't sign Drake. He showed poor vision and decision making last year, combined with a tendency to run horizontally with little to no power to break tackles. We can do better with a 3rd or 4th round draft pick and low dollar free agent.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

this is interesting. i was a season ticket holder for many years, and never got a letter after the season from the team or Mike B.

i appreciate the fact that he says he was disappointed with not making the playoffs.

He just told everyone that he shares their expectations for next year

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This is sad.

What Michael means is "Never mind that 2/3rd of the staff who left Cardinals won a super bowl, We got a player who we think is 100% committed to football as our QB, a head coach who could not win with Mahomes, a WR who flips a finger at officials in games and doesn't practice Wednesday to Friday, my premier pass rusher is coming off ACl. Oh also, my GM talks but cannot walk the game, my franchise corner stone is retiring too....

Reality is like you I want to win and win badly. But I cannot keep firing players, coaches and GMs and keep paying them for not working for me. So anyways...

Rest assured and aside from what I said, we are totally going to wreck the football world and NFC west. Who is excited for another season of "we are going to lose and there is nothing you can do""

Last edited:

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
This is sad.

What Michael means is "Never mind that 2/3rd of the staff who left Cardinals won a super bowl, We got a player who we think is 100% committed to football as our QB, a head coach who could not win with Mahomes, a WR who flips a finger at officials in games and doesn't practice Wednesday to Friday, my premier pass rusher is coming off ACl. Oh also, my GM talks but cannot walk the game, my franchise corner stone is retiring too....

Reality is like you I want to win and win badly. But I cannot keep firing players, coaches and GMs and keep paying them for not working for me. So anyways...

Rest assured and aside from what I said, we are totally going to wreck the football world and NFC west. Who is excited for another season of "we are going to lose and there is nothing you can do""

Very strange take on an owner thanking the fans for enduring a tough season and then expressing hope and optimism for next season. The Cardinals did finish the season at 8-8 and they did compete for a playoff spot until the last game of the season. This isn't to say that they don't have a lot of work to do in the off-season, but certainly there's room for hope and optimism for next season.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This is sad.

Agreed. I don't care about all the fluffy sentiments because you, Mike B., are blowing brown smoke about your coaching staff and front office, and trying to get us to buy in. You refuse to move on from a terrible GM and stuck with a terrible coach. You're losing money because you have to pay for the other horrible coaches you had to fire? Maybe Keim should have been out the door, then, so he didn't cost you even MORE money down the road.

You make epic crap tons of money in the NFL as an owner. He's choosing extra money over winning, and I hate that.

Stout

Reaction score
Very strange take on an owner thanking the fans for enduring a tough season and then expressing hope and optimism for next season. The Cardinals did finish the season at 8-8 and they did compete for a playoff spot until the last game of the season. This isn't to say that they don't have a lot of work to do in the off-season, but certainly there's room for hope and optimism for next season.

At the same time, he's basically telling the fans we have a similar season, if not worse, to endure moving forward. We had trouble in coaching and in the front office. What changed? Very little, and nothing of significance. Thanks for nothing, Mike B.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Supports the "hands on owner" narrative. Cant be happy watching Licht, Arians, Byron, Mathieu, and a slew of other former Cardinals winning a ring over the past two Super Bowls.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Supports the "hands on owner" narrative. Cant be happy watching Licht, Arians, Byron, Mathieu, and a slew of other former Cardinals winning a ring over the past two Super Bowls.

I think it will be interesting to see the next major move once this ultimately DOESN'T work out.

My frustration in the past with Keim's hiring was that it was more of the same from Graves era. I would hope that if he moves on from Keim, that he doesn't just promote someone from within.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it will be interesting to see the next major move once this ultimately DOESN'T work out.

My frustration in the past with Keim's hiring was that it was more of the same from Graves era. I would hope that if he moves on from Keim, that he doesn't just promote someone from within.

that would be infuriating, but not unexpected.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wondering if VJ has seen the video since MB mentions Simmons in particular. Note to VJ: stop keeping Simmons on the sidelines.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wondering if VJ has seen the video since MB mentions Simmons in particular. Note to VJ: stop keeping Simmons on the sidelines.
In the video he didn't even mention the coaching staff, I guess he was pretty pissed of them

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It is a reflexive video of "we know you are looking at Arians and wondering what Keim and I are doing. Believe us, we are on the right track...." ....yada yada. Kinda sad.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Owner sending a message to DC through team video posted on Twitter? Cool..cool. cool.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the video he didn't even mention the coaching staff, I guess he was pretty pissed of them

yes he did, he said “we believe in our team, we believe in our coaches, and the players... Right about the 1:25 mark

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yes he did, he said “we believe in our team, we believe in our coaches, and the players... Right about the 1:25 mark
Thank u, I missed the part
Some stuff he says every year, I think he would have made some changes if it wasn't for the guaranteed salaries

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't watched the video and I am not going to. It's a waste of time.

I just don't get what people expect him to say at this point?

"I shoulda fired the ______ out of everybody. We are going to suck this upcoming season. Please don't buy tickets." :shrug:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If it's not Adrian Wilson I'll eat my hat. We all know it's going to be A-Dub right?

Stout

Reaction score
I haven't watched the video and I am not going to. It's a waste of time.

I just don't get what people expect him to say at this point?

"I shoulda fired the ______ out of everybody. We are going to suck this upcoming season. Please don't buy tickets." :shrug:

He could have said nothing and not done the stupid video. I'd rather he kept his trap shut than try to blow brown smoke as if we're idiot fans who don't realize he's blowing brown smoke.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN power rankings:

You must be registered for see images attach

14. Arizona Cardinals

2020 record: 8-8

Offseason in three or fewer words: Figuring it out

After Week 7, the Cardinals were 5-2 and poised not just for a playoff berth but potentially a deep run in the postseason. Then, they went 3-6 to finish the year, including a loss to the Rams in a battle of backup quarterbacks in Week 17 with a postseason berth on the line, and were left watching the playoffs on the couch. What went wrong, and how do they keep it from happening again? That's what the Cardinals need to figure out this offseason. -- Josh Weinfuss

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...where-do-super-bowl-champion-bucs-chiefs-rank

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Betting odds show Vic Fangio, Matt Nagy and Mike Zimmer on the hot seat

Broncos coach Vic Fangio, Bears coach Matt Nagy and Vikings coach Mike Zimmer are the coaches with the hottest seats, if betting odds are to be believed.

Fangio is at 5-to-1 odds to be the first coach to resign or get fired in 2021, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. That makes Fangio, who is 12-20 in two years in Denver, the favorite.

Nagy is next at 6-to-1. Nagy started his career going 12-4 with the Bears in 2018, but he has slumped to 8-8 two years in a row since then. A third year at .500 or worse would likely cost Nagy his job.

Zimmer is at 8-to-1. In seven seasons with the Vikings, Zimmer is 64-47-1 overall, but just 2-3 in the playoffs, and the Vikings had a disappointing season in 2020.

Up next is Bengals coach Zac Taylor, at 11-to-1. The Bengals are 6-25-1 in two years with Taylor, and if he can’t show real progress with quarterback Joe Burrow in Year 3, he won’t get a Year 4.

Rounding out the Top 5 is Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury at 12-to-1. Although Kingsbury has made progress in his two years in Arizona, Year 3 is the year when he needs to take the next step into the playoffs, and if he doesn’t he could be out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave