OT: Bruce Arians

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I feel sick this morning, it was basically the same personnel that we had here. Why Arians high-tailed it out of here is anyone’s guess.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let me get this straight, you don’t think the owner and gm of the cardinals were “within their purview” to demand that a clearly failed Amos should be fired? That’s your stance?

Certainly within their power to demand, but if BA was given control of his staff not within their purview.

Request, suggest!

And who says on high demanded that Amos be fired?

NO ONE on this board was privy to the discussions.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
But we have offensive genius Kliff Kingsbury, so we're good. Sad thing is they already had their offensive genius in Arians.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Imho the coaching staff especially Bowles were and are the MVP of the game does anyone think that KC offense would be shut down like that WOW just WOW and to think they could have been here

I think the Tampa Bay defense was the Super Bowl MVP as well although it's understandable they gave it to Tom Brady.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Not sure if it was mentioned before but think about the QB's Arians has been fortunate to coach:

Big Ben
Andrew Luck
Carson Palmer
Tom Brady

Wow!

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
Why has everyone seemingly turned on Bidwill over the last year? Ridiculous

I like Mike but maybe having the longest championship drought in professional sports LOL along with the longest drought of missing the playoffs in the NFC might have something to do with it?? And when Kliff runs the ball on 3 & 18 and then decides he doesn't want the playoffs by punting on the next play - which may have ended #11 career - I can see why fans have had enough. We have become comical.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like Mike but maybe having the longest championship drought in professional sports LOL along with the longest drought of missing the playoffs in the NFC might have something to do with it?? And when Kliff runs the ball on 3 & 18 and then decides he doesn't want the playoffs by punting on the next play - which may have ended #11 career - I can see why fans have had enough. We have become comical.
#11 to Tampa for 1 year and a chance to play for The GOAT on a team friendly deal and a chance for a ring? Now that would be a kick in the teeth.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Certainly within their power to demand, but if BA was given control of his staff not within their purview.

Request, suggest!

And who says on high demanded that Amos be fired?

NO ONE on this board was privy to the discussions.
That’s the topic of our conversation though, whether a manager should respect the authority of their boss or be arrogant in believing only their perspective of their reports should count.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s the topic of our conversation though, whether a manager should respect the authority of their boss or be arrogant in believing only their perspective of their reports should count.

Arrogance is your term.

Mine is that I've been given authority and specific responsibilities and if my boss wants to micromanage then find a more compliant; someone like you, to fill the role.

25 years on the job as an Executive VP and not a peep from my Chairman.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Arrogance is your term.

Mine is that I've been given authority and specific responsibilities and if my boss wants to micromanage then find a more compliant; someone like you, to fill the role.

25 years on the job as an Executive VP and not a peep from my Chairman.
Lol at your characterizing having a superior request a firing an underperforming employee as “micromanaging.”

And you’re right “arrogant” is my word. I don’t see any other word that appropriately describes your “my way or I quit” attitude.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol at your characterizing having a superior request a firing an underperforming employee as “micromanaging.”

And you’re right “arrogant” is my word. I don’t see any other word that appropriately describes your “my way or I quit” attitude.

I'll give you another word: Self-respecting.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
It does seem like Keim killed his dog. And we both bash Keim a lot!
Ha...my ire is actually more towards Bidwill who enables the entire fiasco. Bluto is just a softer target and one that can actually be fired unlike the little guy.

Speaking of Bluto - can anyone tell me how many wide receiver picks he has hit on in the draft in the last 5 years?

You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha...my ire is actually more towards Bidwill who enables the entire fiasco. Bluto is just a softer target and one that can actually be fired unlike the little guy.

Speaking of Bluto - can anyone tell me how many wide receiver picks he has hit on in the draft in the last 5 years?

You must be registered for see images attach

which is crazy because from 2003-2015, the one thing you could depend on the Cards doing right in the draft was getting some solid WRs.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
BA looks better after he won against cancer, what was why he retired in the first place.

BA changed his staff exactly in that points where he had problems, he stepped back from playcalling and let Byron Leftwich make a offense that would work with BA and TB concepts and he got the GOAT.

BA got his ring as a HC and it was deserving, he was unlucky with us with Palmer always getting hurt in the second half of the season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sure, if one's definition of team leader is simply to acquiesce like a boot licking bureaucrat.
Lol. Your hyperbole is lame. You are literally saying that when a superior tells you to fire a clearly underperforming employee you know better and would quit. You’ve marched so far down your argument you kinda look silly at this juncture. I don’t know a single executive that would hire you if they had access to this argument.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol. Your hyperbole is lame. You are literally saying that when a superior tells you to fire a clearly underperforming employee you know better and would quit. You’ve marched so far down your argument you kinda look silly at this juncture. I don’t know a single executive that would hire you if they had access to this argument.

LOL ...

Coming from someone who evidently needs superiors to bring underperformance to your attention; I don't.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
LOL ...

Coming from someone who evidently needs superiors to bring underperformance to your attention; I don't.
I don’t need anything. But you keep your arrogant head held high. You just keep hammering that point home.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson