Rumor? The Cardinals and CB Patrick Peterson are parting ways

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's not great considering our lack of quality at CB but I'm not surprised. I always expected P2 would want way more money than he is now worth. If there's one thing we know about P2 it's his own high opinion of himself. He was never signing for $12-13m. I wouldn't be surprised if he's asking for $18m.

The real story here is the lack of planning from Keim. He knew when P2's deal was up. Not drafting an outside corner in the past couple of years to bring through to replace him is shockingly bad roster management. Followed closely by not moving him on and getting something for him a year or two ago.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not surprised. had a great career, we need to replace him and I have no idea how we will. We don't pick high enough to get a first round caliber CB without moving up and I don't think we will move up.

Gotta do some good scouting to find CB's in the draft and FA.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think it is a good thing to move on for both sides. PP was a great, great player for a long time and I appreciate his talents.

But, he has been on a bit of a decline, certainly not off the cliff, for a couple of seasons and, without PEDs cannot get back IMO. Couple that with his demands for a trade and some of the things he said/posted on social media and the gild was off the rose.

Good luck PP and thanks for the memories.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
While this could ultimately be true, the writer is from Fansided, which is merely a fan blog. I take this with a grain of salt until it actually happens or one of the big wigs picks it up.

Gambo:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
FTR - I put the chances of PP21 leaving at 60%

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some will he estaic, but this is a sad day. Ultimately, he has lost a step and isn't worth the money.

sad? Nahhh it’s the way the game goes. Not happy but certainly not sad. Would rather watch a young guy giving his all every play then seeing him half ass it 25% of the time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sad? Nahhh it’s the way the game goes. Not happy but certainly not sad. Would rather watch a young guy giving his all every play then seeing him half ass it 25% of the time.

Same. I’m just hoping this means they have money earmarked for Reddick.

someone earlier in the thread said they had no idea how they’d replace him. If he was still Pro Bowl pre-PED Peterson, I’d agree. But that’s who he was. The guy we’re actually replacing on the field production wise is an average cornerback who didn’t like play any run support and had diminishing returns from a leadership standpoint off the field as well with his suspension and trade demands. Memories of better times just die a little harder when you see the same jersey out there.

now, when Fitz calls it quits, that will
be a sad day. A necessary one unfortunately, but still sad.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still don't know he regressed so badly returning punts
At the first year was phenomenal, then from 22 years old he couldn't do anything

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
While this could ultimately be true, the writer is from Fansided, which is merely a fan blog. I take this with a grain of salt until it actually happens or one of the big wigs picks it up.

Gambo:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Haha I went to High School with Jason Alden...

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Same. I’m just hoping this means they have money earmarked for Reddick.

someone earlier in the thread said they had no idea how they’d replace him. If he was still Pro Bowl pre-PED Peterson, I’d agree. But that’s who he was. The guy we’re actually replacing on the field production wise is an average cornerback who didn’t like play any run support and had diminishing returns from a leadership standpoint off the field as well with his suspension and trade demands. Memories of better times just die a little harder when you see the same jersey out there.

now, when Fitz calls it quits, that will
be a sad day. A necessary one unfortunately, but still sad.

He was a team captain in 2020.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Peterson is a step slow and likely will be overpaid, but our CB situation is a horror show. No depth, no youth, no veteran leadership...when your only glimmer of hope is Byron Murphy, that's terrifying.