Half time show

OP
OP
juza76

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah if you guys didn’t recognize every song he played you’re fossils. I’m 52 and I know the weekend and his catalogue. What surprised me was the lack of surprises or cameos.

I have no problem listening new, artists, just saying the guy isn't very talented
But I don't put too much attention into the selling and awards thing
Even regarding music just few stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of the mass media

Last edited:

wagonmound464

Rookie
Reaction score
I may be old but that 1/2 time show was awful. Could hardly understand a word from
his songs. To me that wasn't music....it was just noise. Pepsi pizzed away a lot of
money for that garbage, which many real football fans took their pizz break during
that show. Just my opinion

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I don’t mind his music and I think he’s talented, but I like the performances to be a little more rockin for halftime. his songs are like elevator music.
Honestly, if you only listen to the songs you really can’t tell if it’s a boy or a girl singing.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
I do think it is impressive that they can set the stage up and prepare for a show in such little time, so kudos to whomever is responsible for that. My wife asked why they were wearing diapers on their face. lol

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have no problem listening new, artists, just saying the guy isn't very talented
But I don't put too much attention into the selling and awards thing
Even regarding music just few stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of the mass media

Sorry that Luciano Pavorotti was otherwise detained.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I were able to choose the entertainment it would have been OneRepublic.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah if you guys didn’t recognize every song he played you’re fossils. I’m 52 and I know the weekend and his catalogue. What surprised me was the lack of surprises or cameos.
This.
I know The Weeknd and I like his music for the most part.
However, I thought the performance was weak. Most halftime performers do some sort of collaboration or duet. I think this guy's ego let him think he could carry the entire show by himself and he can't. He needed some help to put this thing on the next level.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know most of his songs. Like someone said I kept waiting for some other cameo that seemed like was coming but never did.

However I couldn't get past the Jockstraps being worn on everyone's faces.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Too bad he didn't perform the last time the Superbowl was in Tampa. Maybe Russ Grimm would have stayed in the locker room and helped his team figure out how to win.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Too bad he didn't perform the last time the Superbowl was in Tampa. Maybe Russ Grimm would have stayed in the locker room and helped his team figure out how to win.

We had a good second half offensively, if you recall.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why he played the halftime show. NFL already has you watching the game and commercials.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
juza76

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If they could arrange the show with some of the best talents from america' got talent, dancer singers magician would have been much better

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And what the Weeknd wanted it to do. First thing in my email box this morning from the Suns. He bet $7 million of his own money to launch his 2022 tour.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
juza76

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not a good show to you. I know multiple people that loved it.

It definitely did what the NFL wanted it to do

Thats why I said people are passive judging talents, and Nowdays we have ton of mediocres become famous
They decide whom u have to listen

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This convo has gone full 2020

This person is not known but if they are known then no one liked them and if someone liked them it is only because a grand conspiracy told them to

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty solid. I think he's probably the best big act they could've gotten for this one. There's not anyone with a profile as big as his right now who would've done better. This was probably one of the best shows in a while.

OP
OP
juza76

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty solid. I think he's probably the best big act they could've gotten for this one. There's not anyone with a profile as big as his right now who would've done better.
So u agree with me
The lack of talent in the big stages nowdays is embarrassing
There are many great singers, they couldn't just made it cause there is not a meritocracy system regarding singers

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Great show marred by bad vocal mix. Awesome, dystopian pop music with dark themes, and sweeping airy melodies that juxtapose wonderfully with the darker themed lyrics.

This is excellent pop music, and The Weeknd is an amazing talent.

And I dont particularly care for his music, personally.

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
So u agree with me
The lack of talent in the big stages nowdays is embarrassing
There are many great singers, they couldn't just made it cause there is not a meritocracy system regarding singers
Oh, there's plenty of talent. But most major pop acts wouldn't fit the vibe, and the NFL would never go the right route and just get a big name rapper, so usually they'll get a popstar past their prime or an old rock band. I'm actually glad they got The Weeknd. Feels like the first time in awhile where they actually had a good act.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose