OT: Bruce Arians

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
About a year, or so, ago I made a post about how Mike B. is very hard to work for and a meddling owner. This came from people who work in the NFL. Of course, the cardinal fan boy mob where they can do no wrong came out and said I had no idea what I was talking and he was the greatest thing ever.

I like Mike B. But like most prominent people, I'm sure he has a public persona and a work persona. There was definitely something that went on with BA and the Cards were wrong to let him go. I don't know for a fact but I've heard it was a Mike B decision, not Keim.

Also a few months ago, I sat down at the bar area in a local restaurant while wearing my Cardinals hat. Some guy asked which Cardinals team I was fan of. Turns out it was former Cards OC Mike Miller. He confirmed that Mike B. is tough to take.

Oh, and btw, for that long ago "argument" as to who was behind the SB offense, it was Whisenhunt's not Haley. Miller worked in the passing game side of things that year.
Great post. Agree 100%. I know the relationship between BASK, since I live in their hometown. Needless to say, they are still very good friends. MB tolerated BA, and that was about it. One thing is certain. Arians didn’t leave because of Keim.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About a year, or so, ago I made a post about how Mike B. is very hard to work for and a meddling owner. This came from people who work in the NFL. Of course, the cardinal fan boy mob where they can do no wrong came out and said I had no idea what I was talking and he was the greatest thing ever.

I like Mike B. But like most prominent people, I'm sure he has a public persona and a work persona. There was definitely something that went on with BA and the Cards were wrong to let him go. I don't know for a fact but I've heard it was a Mike B decision, not Keim.

Also a few months ago, I sat down at the bar area in a local restaurant while wearing my Cardinals hat. Some guy asked which Cardinals team I was fan of. Turns out it was former Cards OC Mike Miller. He confirmed that Mike B. is tough to take.

Oh, and btw, for that long ago "argument" as to who was behind the SB offense, it was Whisenhunt's not Haley. Miller worked in the passing game side of things that year.

Uh oh the Haley jockers should be in soon enough lol

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Rooting for the chiefs
BA should have won his ring in Cardinals red
Brady has enough

I grew up in Raiders territory so it’s hard for me to root for Kansa city

but I am going into this game with a clear conscience.... if that’s any indication of how much I want Tampa to lose

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have a hard time rooting for BA, not going to lie. I wish I knew exactly what went down, but from the outside, it looks like he quit rather than accept changes to his staff, then took the first opportunity he could get.

I agree that's what it looks like. Happens all the time, with players, et al. If you're not happy in life, find a way to be happy. I hope he wins, even with that QB of his.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
A Boss who defends his staff.

Enabler, enabler!

Fixed that for you. And football is a business. A good boss doesn’t demand to keep underperforming employees, particularly in the face of desire from his superiors for a change to the underperforming employees. That’s what friendships are for, not permanent employment.

mind you I fully suspect MB and keim had hands in the entire thing going south as well.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fixed that for you. And football is a business. A good boss doesn’t demand to keep underperforming employees, particularly in the face of desire from his superiors for a change to the underperforming employees. That’s what friendships are for, not permanent employment.

mind you I fully suspect MB and keim had hands in the entire thing going south as well.

We can suspect but can't confirm who/whom they wanted removed. And as someone supervising about 100 staff, I decide who is performing/underperforming and the day my superior judges me inadequate to the task, he can start by firing me. That's what a "good" Boss does IMO. Your guy is at best an ass kisser who won't engender team cohesion or loyalty.

Perhaps your approach/my approach did in some way lead to BA's departure.

Bottom line: BA's in the Super Bowl supported by more than a few of his previous coaches; 11 to be precise.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We can suspect but can't confirm who/whom they wanted removed. And as someone supervising about 100 staff, I decide who is performing/underperforming and the day my superior judges me inadequate to the task, he can start by firing me. That's what a "good" Boss does IMO. Your guy is at best an ass kisser who won't engender team cohesion or loyalty.

Perhaps your approach/my approach did in some way lead to BA's departure.

Bottom line: BA's in the Super Bowl supported by more than a few of his previous coaches.
Sorry but as someone who also supervises over 100 people what you’re calling “loyalty” is actually a form of destructive nepotism and maybe the greatest cause of lack of production for most companies. Keeping clearly underperforming employees out of loyalty doesn’t always breed loyalty, oftentimes it breeds resentment among the ranks that the leader plays favorites by keeping someone in a position of power who clearly has proven incapable of meeting their responsibilities. That breeds lack of confidence in leadership. There are vastly superior ways to build cohesion and loyalty than keeping deadweight bc they’re your buddy. And ignoring your superior who may have a more objective vantage point of an employee with whom you may be too close is an idiotic way to approach a management role.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sorry but as someone who also supervises over 100 people what you’re calling “loyalty” is actually a form of destructive nepotism and maybe the greatest cause of lack of production for most companies. Keeping clearly underperforming employees out of loyalty doesn’t always breed loyalty, oftentimes it breeds resentment among the ranks that the leader plays favorites by keeping someone in a position of power who clearly has proven incapable of meeting their responsibilities. That breeds lack of confidence in leadership. There are vastly superior ways to build cohesion and loyalty than keeping deadweight bc they’re your buddy. And ignoring your superior who may have a more objective vantage point of an employee with whom you may be too close is an idiotic way to approach a management role.

No one is on my staff benefits from unfair preferential treatment or retains a role through nepotism. I've hired, demoted and fired. If a superior is a better judge of someone under my direct supervision then evidently he/she has two HR problems. There's a difference between "ignoring" the views of superiors and acceding to demands that are not within their direct purview.

Last edited:

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry but as someone who also supervises over 100 people what you’re calling “loyalty” is actually a form of destructive nepotism and maybe the greatest cause of lack of production for most companies.

If a superior is a better judge of someone under my direct supervision then evidently he/she has two HR problems. There's a difference between "ignoring" the views of superiors and acceding to demands that are not within their direct purview.

You both make good points, but in this case we're talking about Amos Jones. The whole world was a better judge of his unsuitability for the job than Arians.

...dave

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You both make good points, but in this case we're talking about Amos Jones. The whole world was a better judge of his unsuitability for the job than Arians.

...dave

Well, we don't know what specifically was asked of Bruce and FYI Amos is still employed (NY Giants).

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well, we don't know what specifically was asked of Bruce and FYI Amos is still employed (NY Giants).
I’m sure Amos doesn’t have a job in the same capacity as he had under Arians. Probably some random assistant. The good ole boys club is why these under performing coaches keep getting jobs. Same reason we hired Mike McCoy. They have no business still being employed most of the time. This is one of the big arguments surrounding lack of minority hiring.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m sure Amos doesn’t have a job in the same capacity as he had under Arians. Probably some random assistant. The good ole boys club is why these under performing coaches keep getting jobs. Same reason we hired Mike McCoy. They have no business still being employed most of the time. This is one of the big arguments surrounding lack of minority hiring.

Affirmative action for white guys: good

Affirmative action for black guys: bad, unfair, disruptive, yada, yada.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
BA elevated Drew Stanton to the active roster for the SB (as the 4th stringer). Gonna get his buddy a ring (if they win). Bruce is loyal to a fault, no doubt.

But, I think KC is going to win this one pretty handily, even with the OLine injuries. Too many weapons and Mahomes is so good.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BA elevated Drew Stanton to the active roster for the SB (as the 4th stringer). Gonna get his buddy a ring (if they win). Bruce is loyal to a fault, no doubt.

But, I think KC is going to win this one pretty handily, even with the OLine injuries. Too many weapons and Mahomes is so good.

I dont think you have to be on the active roster to get a ring. Any good owner would get them for the entire PS as well. Hell Pittsburgh gives them to the training staff and the guys that operate the cameras during practice. All up to the owner.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I dont think you have to be on the active roster to get a ring. Any good owner would get them for the entire PS as well. Hell Pittsburgh gives them to the training staff and the guys that operate the cameras during practice. All up to the owner.

Yeah, I know, it just struck me as funny.

Maybe he just wants to give him a chance to do his crazy sideline dance LOL

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Keim is just a lazy dummy who is in way over his head. Much like Kliff. Of course both sadly have just enough brain functioning to realize that they need to suck up to the one guy in the entire world who would give them anywhere close to the dollars they currently make. So here we are.

BA was mostly a MB decision. Keim was just too dumb and weak to manage the situation.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pretty certain that Bowles will replace BA once he retires. But if that doesn’t happen, you would think we would be next in line. Bidwill needs to be in Todd’s ear, constantly reminding him that it was his stay in AZ that put him in position to be a HC in the 1st place. That has to mean something. He left on great terms. He can return on even better terms.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No one is on my staff benefits from unfair preferential treatment or retains a role through nepotism. I've hired, demoted and fired. If a superior is a better judge of someone under my direct supervision then evidently he/she has two HR problems. There's a difference between "ignoring" the views of superiors and acceding to demands that are not within their direct purview.
Let me get this straight, you don’t think the owner and gm of the cardinals were “within their purview” to demand that a clearly failed Amos should be fired? That’s your stance?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Keim is just a lazy dummy who is in way over his head. Much like Kliff. Of course both sadly have just enough brain functioning to realize that they need to suck up to the one guy in the entire world who would give them anywhere close to the dollars they currently make. So here we are.

BA was mostly a MB decision. Keim was just too dumb and weak to manage the situation.
Man, I can’t stand keim and want him replaced, but the venom you have for him is really something!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Hard not to feel that should have been the Cardinals winning the Super Bowl. That coaching staff was in Arizona.

Believed things would be different under Mike Bidwill, but they aren't.
Things are different. And they’re better. But that doesn’t make them great, or even good necessarily.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pretty certain that Bowles will replace BA once he retires. But if that doesn’t happen, you would think we would be next in line. Bidwill needs to be in Todd’s ear, constantly reminding him that it was his stay in AZ that put him in position to be a HC in the 1st place. That has to mean something. He left on great terms. He can return on even better terms.
I would love to see Bowles as the HC of the Cards in 2022. He would be my first choice. However, I have a feeling that he will be taking BA's place in Tampa as you mentioned in your post.